BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1668175543910.png

We achieved record royalties in Q2! 🎉

Our investment across all lines of business is continuing to pay off, with impressive growth in automotive and IoT in particular.

With an incredible 7.5 billion Arm-based chips shipped by our partners in Q2 alone and more than 240 billion to date, we're proud to be working with our vast industry ecosystem to build the future #onArm.

Thank you to everyone that's helped us reach these new heights. With adoption of our technology continuing across all of the markets we serve, Arm technology is set to define the future of computing:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Just for interest

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
View attachment 21780
We achieved record royalties in Q2! 🎉

Our investment across all lines of business is continuing to pay off, with impressive growth in automotive and IoT in particular.

With an incredible 7.5 billion Arm-based chips shipped by our partners in Q2 alone and more than 240 billion to date, we're proud to be working with our vast industry ecosystem to build the future #onArm.

Thank you to everyone that's helped us reach these new heights. With adoption of our technology continuing across all of the markets we serve, Arm technology is set to define the future of computing:

To add to the post by @Sirod69

Record breaking royaltie$ has a nice ring to it

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

stockduck

Regular
Hi stockduck,

This is what BRN said about the US equivalent:

US 11,468,299 “An Improved Spiking Neural Network,” protects the learning function of BrainChip’s digital neuron circuit implemented on a neuromorphic integrated circuit.

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-for...portfolio-with-new-awards-and-ip-acquisition/

The Australian patent:

AU2021254524B2 AN IMPROVED SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK

View attachment 21778

an improved spiking neural network (SNN) configured to learn and perform unsupervised extraction of features from an input stream.

the neuromorphic integrated circuit can be reprogrammed for many different tasks using a user defined configuration file. For example, the connections between layers and neural processors in the neuromorphic integrated circuit can be reprogrammed using a user defined configuration file.

Ostrich farm?

The startup's chips come in a variety of form factors, including a stand-alone processor as well as an M.2 PCIe card and a standard PCIe card. A year ago, the upstart said its MP10304 PCIe card, powered by four M1076 AMP chips, was capable of delivering up to 100 trillion operations per second of AI performance while only using less 25 watts of power.

Mythic turned to analog chips — used for computers decades ago before digital circuits become all the rage — in trying to figure out how to bring processing elements as close as possible to the memory, a challenge many chip designers are trying to solve to improve performance and efficiency.

By using analog chips instead of digital chips, Mythic was able to take the concept of "compute-in-memory to an extreme" and "compute directly inside the memory array itself," according to the company.

"This is possible by using the memory elements as tunable resistors, supplying the inputs as voltages, and collecting the outputs as currents," Mythic said on its website.

Garibay said Mythic proved its point at the AI Hardware Summit in September, where the company showed off analog chips that could run the YOLOv5 object detection algorithm on high-resolution video at 60 frames per second while only consuming 3.5 watts.

"I am extremely proud of what our team achieved in taking a concept that almost everyone else in the industry thought was impossible to implement and building it in to a real working silicon product," he said.

As of last year, Mythic had raised a total of $165.2 million from investors, which included Hewlett Packard Enterprise and New York investment giant BlackRock
. ®

I wonder what the resale value of their patents will be?

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search?q=pa = "mythic inc"

Got to feel for them - they are feeling the cold early winds of recession. No doubt their engineers were just a dedicated as BrainChip's.
Maybe their is a company who imediately need professionals with those skills to run up a company with a groundbreaking invention.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
  • Fire
Well I'd like to see it develop so that Akida IP will be offered as an optional extra for all ARM chips - certainly those with AI/ML applications would need seriously consider the option.

https://www.arm.com/solutions/artificial-intelligence

AI is empowering change, driving innovation, and creating exciting new possibilities. Arm is forging a path to the future with solutions designed to support the rapid development of AI. Arm combines the hardware, software, tools, and strategic partners you need to accelerate development. We provide everything you need to deliver a new generation of ideas and products.

Scalable AI Solutions
Arm delivers performance, scalability and extended configurability to simplify the deployment of AI across all markets.

https://www.arm.com/solutions/artificial-intelligence/machine-learning

Machine Learning Made Faster, More Efficient​

A key subset or application of AI is Machine Learning. Most machine learning today is processed on Arm CPUs, and we continuously release new efficiency and power improvements that allow ML models to run on even the smallest endpoint devices and sensors. Arm machine learning solutions combine hardware IP, software, and an AI development framework to guide designers in building the next generation of innovative, portable AI applications for the cloud, edge, and endpoint.

ARM has dedicated neural processing units:

Ethos-NPU
https://www.arm.com/product-filter?families=ethos npus&showall=true
Ethos-U65
Powering innovation in a new world of AI devices at the edge and endpoint
  • Delivers 1.0 TOP/s ML performance in about 0.6 mm2
  • Partner configurable from 256 to 512 8-bit MACs
  • Unified toolchain supports Cortex-M and Cortex-A based systems
... but it doesn't have SNNs.
And here again from ARM:

“Scalable AI Solutions
Arm delivers performance, scalability and extended configurability to simplify the deployment of AI across all markets”

AND I wonder what part another company played in the loss of investor confidence by demonstrating AKIDA running Yolo at two factors higher frame rate with significantly less than .5 of a watt of power with no external cooling and the full advantage of digital scalability at the Ai Hardware Summit:

“Garibay said Mythic proved its point at the AI Hardware Summit in September, where the company showed off analog chips that could run the YOLOv5 object detection algorithm on high-resolution video at 60 frames per second while only consuming 3.5 watts.”

A few weeks ago now someone posted an article about the huge numbers of startups all claiming to have the Edge Solution. I think it might have been posted by one of our German members and had a title something like 100 Startups etc;

The article made the point that some were likely to be complete scams designed to pick up some of the huge amount of venture capital with a hunger for this technology space.

Some would have a genuine idea but fail to realise it and some would realise the idea but for one reason or another not find traction.

While some are here finding the waiting difficult Brainchip with its three year at least market leading commercial product trusted by Mercedes Benz, Valeo, MegaChips, Renesas and NASA and partnered with SiFive, ARM, Prophesee, ISL and Edge Impulse and a second generation product extending its lead to over five years waiting in the wings, patent protection secured across multiple markets, a team of talented and extremely well qualified and experienced people from the Board room to the tea room and with a cash runway extending out 3 plus years it is looking very much like the winner we have all individually assessed it to be.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Anil Mankar likes this, and we’ve been mentioned to be implemented in a M33 processor by Renesas very own Sailesh Chippatadelli (think that’s how you spell it)

9F7BD5C8-9E0E-4468-AC70-C69FF46F5D39.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Quiltman

Regular
I'm taking the article below directly from Strawman ( a retail investment club), so please, all credit belongs there.
However, it just seemed so pertinent to where BRN finds itself at the moment, particularly with the MF living up to it's name, I thought it well worth sharing. Thanks Strawman.

On May 31st, 1999, Barron's published a story predicting the demise of Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN). Shares were trading at around $3 at the time.
dvKtFiH_zmU1K3zzGeiNgK3YX4-r7Wy0bO_650nSgVQREhfxZU3_OVCbACLM0r1C1cf5nYRrVyEVjTf5-RYms_UqnbdPGE179_wQbeuNMlpN0ErzQwNTgfITl3Cjh7ieOOWuzVUwg4bvuRzYZ1cfXM1wOM76dA=s0-d-e1-ft
Of course, had you bought shares then you would have since generated a 3112% return. Put another, you'd have $1 million for every $30k invested.

Hindsight is, of course, 20-20. At the time, the ultimate success of Amazon wasn't so obvious -- after all, it was bleeding cash and would report a $720 million net loss in 1999.

But get this: even if you possessed foresight beyond that of most mortals, and loaded up at $3 per share, you would have seen your investment lose 90% in the following two years...
oNG2zEK0z9RtPXGSdux8ToTX4uv8uWJ6EolBiRQJFVnJZt06CaWrAiuoHFy1hzz41wsNLAYpjgh3BVHAl_XPUttO7rHJCtGAjDFKb5sG1fA_udCmeHKmCLeEdz0Kk5eB2qO0zzP06-B0ixALyTvZtC5hWVrveA=s0-d-e1-ft
Even the most Vulcan-like investor would have had a hard time enduring such a brutal and long-lasting drawdown. And blood curdling drops are par for the course; even for the very best stocks.

Investing is hard. Intellectually, and even more so emotionally.

Even when you're right, you're likely to look like an idiot for much of the time. And they'll be no shortage of people happy to dunk on your "mistake".

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Baisyet

Regular
If posted before sorry.. are we in it looks like we are >...

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
CEE78E97-944F-4904-99C1-D0D0E830FF1A.png

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

Foxdog

Regular
We must be getting pretty close to AKIDA 2.0 being released - a nice Christmas present coming for $2.75 or will we have to wait until the next AGM? Either way things definitely seem to be building and the dots are getting closer together - so close in fact that Blind Freddie might soon be able to read them like braille. Exciting times just around the corner perhaps precipitated by a little bit of revenue in the next 4C.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
I have been thinking back to when shareholders were advised about the ARM Brainchip partnership and the lack of reaction to the announcement by the market when compared with what happened when Mercedes Benz dropped it was working with Brainchip.

The usual suspects all attacked both reveals on social media, share blogs and in the financial press so these attacks cannot be the sole reason why ARM did not rate.

When you weigh the respective merits of an engagement with ARM verses Mercedes Benz it is very easy to conclude which in a commercial sense makes the most commercial sense:

Mercedes Benz- arguably greatest automotive vehicle maker of all time producing up to about 3.5 million automobiles in a good year with up to 300 semi conductors required in EV form;

2. ARM sold over 7 billion semiconductors in its last quarter, supplies 90% of the chips in mobile phones, supplies chips to every industry known to man at volume and is considered so strategically important by the UK, the USA, China, Google, Amazon, Intel and Samsung that a proposed takeover by Nvidia was outlawed.

If you have not listened yet to yesterdays ARM Brainchip podcast make it your mission to listen not once but at least five times in the coming couple of weeks.

Why five times? Well Research has proven that if you hear something five times you are at extreme risk of NOT forgetting it.

Over the coming months I expect with some certainty that the negative ear worms are going to be running at full steam across all the media.

@stan9614 was doing battle yesterday in another place with one of the more adept wolves in sheep clothing who was peddling lies again and charts trying to enhance their trading position.

The markets may have yawned when the ARM Brainchip partnership was announced but that is absolutely no reason for you to go to sleep.

If Mercedes Benz justified a jump to $2.34 what stored value has ARM added.

Consider this further fact. ARM has a number one engineering firm SUCCESSFULLY driving its uptake across industry to the tune of over 7 billion chips last quarter.

That number one firm is Edge Impulse who is now fully Brainchip AKIDA Meta TF adopted and driving ARM Brainchip AKIDA solutions to industry via its over 55,000 Engineer developers.

Just because the ASX failed to react on mass it does not mean the institutional sharks missed the importance of the ARM Brainchip partnership. They most certainly know and understand.

Why does MF never mention this partnership? Call me a whatever but by not mentioning it the market does not hear ARM Brainchip partnership five times and start to remember it.

If the market does not remember it then when ARM kicks goals Brainchip does not come to mind among the masses.

Hold tight to your knowledge that the ARM Brainchip partnership is more significant in raw market penetration terms than any other engagement to date.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 107 users

Rob Telson is a big FAN of fans.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

I just found it too, add the whole text by Renesas☺️

We are growing and expanding our #AI capabilities, with complete hardware-software solutions that can be easily customized across a broad range of use cases without the need to be #machinelearning experts.

See for yourself. In this video, Nalin Balan and Kaushal Vora demonstrate at #IoTWorld2022 the possibilities of applying machine learning to industrial applications at the edge and within highly constrained endpoints.

Whether it’s detecting an unbalanced load on a motor without the need for any additional sensors or detecting a blocked air filter in an HVAC system, our newly-acquired Reality AI software tools automate the complete machine learning workflow from data collection to creating models that work seamlessly on all Renesas MCU and MPU platforms.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Rob Telson is a big FAN of fans.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I was going to post the short video Rob Telson did of him sticking things in his fan and showing how AKIDA would say I told you not to do that you idiot. When your father gets home there will be hell to pay.

Not really but it did notice the extra load he was placing on the fan blade by creating the obstruction.

Unfortunately I cannot find it. I do hope it has not been removed otherwise we will have all these posts claiming that being removed proves Brainchip is still working with Renesas even though we have not heard anything for 24 hours. 😞🤡🤡🤡🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Thanks again to @Falling Knife for this link .... A short impressive video from ARM

The statement at the end is so exciting ..... "We changed the world once" ... "Now we have the chance to change it again"

I wonder why they have announced that they have a chance to "change the world again"?

Because ...... They know how Unique and revolutionary BRN and Akida is and have welcomed us with OPEN ARMS :cool:

B
rainchip Revolutionising Neuromorphic Ai

https://www.arm.com/company/on-arm

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users
Thanks again to @Falling Knife for this link .... A short impressive video from ARM

The statement at the end is so exciting ..... "We changed the world once" ... "Now we have the chance to change it again"

I wonder why they have announced that they have a chance to "change the world again"?

Because ...... They know how Unique and revolutionary BRN and Akida is and have welcomed us with OPEN ARMS :cool:

B
rainchip Revolutionising Neuromorphic Ai

https://www.arm.com/company/on-arm
Great post @BienSuerte

I also love this statement:

“This is the future. A future built by one of the most successful technology ecosystems in the world. A future built on Arm.”

Here many years ago now we had a very successful advertising campaign for Whirlpool washing machines and it had a catch line which entered the popular culture

“Guess whose mum has a Whirlpool”

Well I am bringing it up to date with:

“Guess which scalable Ai company has an ARM Ecosystem partnership.”

Brainchip part of one of the most successful technology Ecosystems in the World ever.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
Top Bottom