BaconLover

Founding Member
I could not find this company mentioned in TSE on my search, so here goes;

https://www.gensight-biologics.com/

Partnered with prophesee and got mentioned by Luca in the recent podcast;

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
This is a very interesting interview with some of the Sony engineers that worked with Prophesee on their EVS. They sound very confident in the tech. Future looks bright!

Sakai:First of all, I want to devote myself fully to this project until we can achieve mass production and shipment of this product, the IMX636.

Nitta:Generally speaking, I want to focus on having EVS become widespread in the market.

Furukawa:To begin with, I believe we must first properly bring EVS to mass production.

Ihara:In addition to the manufacturing and inspection industries, I would like to expand the application range of EVS to various areas where frame-based image sensors are currently in use.
I do like this extracted comment:

“Sakai:The source of EVS technology is the simulation of optic nerve signals. The human brain contains roughly 100 billion neurons which respectively connect to each other to form a network. Their connecting areas are known as synapses, and roughly 1 quadrillion synapses operate the brain’s mechanisms using energy that is less than that of a single light bulb. We believe that EVS will become a core presence in the neuromorphic field, which involves systems such as AI that apply electronic circuits patterned after these neurons. Robots and other industrial machines cannot even begin to operate without carrying out sensing by means of sensors which act as their eyes. We believe that EVS will be the sensors to first be used for such purposes.
Of course, robots even up until now have been equipped with cameras for this, but much of the data they obtained was redundant since they also accounted for the work of humans performing subsequent confirmation. If systems such as automated control can be developed, control by humans will become unnecessary, so EVS, which can make even quicker judgements and output only necessary data, is anticipated to take a mainstream role.”

This ability is what Prophesee CEO Luca Verre states AKIDA brought to their vision sensor.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
I am not a techie so all I can do is remember what Peter van der Made said at the 2019 AGM when they had finished the design of the original AKD1000 and he stated that 1,024 AKD1000 could be combined.

He also said that 100 combined AKD1000 would provide all the processing power sufficient for a fully autonomous vehicle.

In 2020 the former CEO Mr. Dinardo announced that they had settled on configuring AKD1000 to allow for 64 to be connected as the target markets would not require anymore processing power than this would offer.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
1,024 x AKD1000 =

1,228 billion neurons, and
1.024 trillion synapses

In 2013 it was estimated there were 86 billion neurons in a human brain:

Personally not sure how useful human brain comparisons are when:

1. The human brain makes mistakes;
2. The human brain uses much of its structure for creation of emotions - love, hate, passion, fear, humour, panic etc;
3. Regenerating ageing cells;
4. Dreaming;
5. Running all the life support systems such as heart, lungs etc;

So it seems logical that a very advanced robot would not need a neuromorphic computer with 86 billion neurons to perform perfectly.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Baisyet

Regular
I didnt know that Akida 1000 is called Akida 1.0 :D was just going through the Brainchip web
:D:D

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
This is a very interesting interview with some of the Sony engineers that worked with Prophesee on their EVS. They sound very confident in the tech. Future looks bright!

Sakai:First of all, I want to devote myself fully to this project until we can achieve mass production and shipment of this product, the IMX636.

Nitta:Generally speaking, I want to focus on having EVS become widespread in the market.

Furukawa:To begin with, I believe we must first properly bring EVS to mass production.

Ihara:In addition to the manufacturing and inspection industries, I would like to expand the application range of EVS to various areas where frame-based image sensors are currently in use.
This further extract as to where Sony sees Prophesee technology being adopted is also exciting:

Tell us about the future potential of EVS.

Nitta:In addition to the industrial machinery and security areas mentioned earlier, the application of EVS is anticipated in a wide variety of areas that include medical devices, consumer equipment, robotics, game peripheral equipment, and sports technology. In addition to our cooperation with Prophesee, we will fully apply all of the strengths of our company in areas from semiconductors to sensing technology, and hope to provide various applications to the market.
The System Solutions Business Division also announced the “AITRIOS™”*2 edge AI sensing platform in October 2021. By converting EVS to smart cameras as devices to connect to this platform, and linking them to the ideas of many developers, we hope to expand the range of solutions provided and spread this technology extensively throughout the market.”

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that big things will come from Brainchip and Prophesee completing each other’s technologies at the Edge and beyond.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Hi FF,

Good point.

Plumerai "tracks people and assigns up to 20 unique IDs". But that is not necessarily the same as learning in the sense of augmenting the model library. It suggests to me that Plumerai can identify 20 different people in one scene and assign temporary labels to them to facilitate tracking.

https://plumerai.com/people-detection

Functionality​

• Detects each person in view, even if partially occluded.
  • Tracks people and assigns up to 20 unique IDs.
  • Indoor, outdoor, NIR lighting.
  • Detection distance of more than 20m / 65ft.
  • Trained with 32 million labeled images.
  • Extensively validated on diverse people and settings.
  • Supports lenses up to 180 FOV.
So the way for terrorists to defeat the system is to always form themselves into cells of 21 so while plumeria is monitoring 20 of them the 21st can be planting the bomb.🤡

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

TopCat

Regular
This further extract as to where Sony sees Prophesee technology being adopted is also exciting:

Tell us about the future potential of EVS.

Nitta:In addition to the industrial machinery and security areas mentioned earlier, the application of EVS is anticipated in a wide variety of areas that include medical devices, consumer equipment, robotics, game peripheral equipment, and sports technology. In addition to our cooperation with Prophesee, we will fully apply all of the strengths of our company in areas from semiconductors to sensing technology, and hope to provide various applications to the market.
The System Solutions Business Division also announced the “AITRIOS™”*2 edge AI sensing platform in October 2021. By converting EVS to smart cameras as devices to connect to this platform, and linking them to the ideas of many developers, we hope to expand the range of solutions provided and spread this technology extensively throughout the market.”

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that big things will come from Brainchip and Prophesee completing each other’s technologies at the Edge and beyond.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Unleashing AI from the digital world into the real world.​

Sony is uniquely positioned to leverage the AI opportunity. No other company spans across more aspects of the content value chain: Sony Semiconductor Solutions captures the photons, Sony Imaging Products & Solutions develops broadcast & production, Sony Pictures Entertainment creates movies, PlayStation™ Network offers various entertainment content and you can watch them through your Bravia®. If Sony translates this unique width across the content value chain to the interaction value chain, it will become one of the AI giants. If we use the various data we have to train AI models, the deep understanding of semiconductors to build AI accelerators, our content creation and distribution network to create interactive content, and our electronics capabilities to build robots and interactive devices, it will be hard for pure software companies to compete with this ecosystem.
For myself this is very exciting since we will contribute to a key part of these AI systems but also as an end user. I am very much looking forward to the point when Sony brings AI from the digital world of search engines, social networks and e-mail filters of today to the real world in the form of personal assistants, autonomous driving and exciting new games of tomorrow.
443443BA-6659-428C-BA18-04BAFAD65D75.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Unleashing AI from the digital world into the real world.​

Sony is uniquely positioned to leverage the AI opportunity. No other company spans across more aspects of the content value chain: Sony Semiconductor Solutions captures the photons, Sony Imaging Products & Solutions develops broadcast & production, Sony Pictures Entertainment creates movies, PlayStation™ Network offers various entertainment content and you can watch them through your Bravia®. If Sony translates this unique width across the content value chain to the interaction value chain, it will become one of the AI giants. If we use the various data we have to train AI models, the deep understanding of semiconductors to build AI accelerators, our content creation and distribution network to create interactive content, and our electronics capabilities to build robots and interactive devices, it will be hard for pure software companies to compete with this ecosystem.
For myself this is very exciting since we will contribute to a key part of these AI systems but also as an end user. I am very much looking forward to the point when Sony brings AI from the digital world of search engines, social networks and e-mail filters of today to the real world in the form of personal assistants, autonomous driving and exciting new games of tomorrow.
View attachment 18405
Just brilliant @TopCat

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
amzn.jpg

Managed to find a random Amazon chart from the early days, which I thought would share.

If you look at this chart closely, every company has this pullbacks sometimes around 50 to 60%, but those who can wither the storm will reap the benefits.

Not saying we won't have further downside with the current geo-political-economic situations, but once we come out of these, the companies that managed to hold well will do really well. And usually the companies that held strong during this period will be the leaders in the market on the next turn. BRN is still above the relative strength trend line which makes me believe we are holding strong, despite the pull back from ATH.
GLTA.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

TECH

Regular
And it possibly fits with AKIDA production timeline.
First prototype was made in Januar 2022, the same month when Mercedes announced their partnership with BrainChip ;)

2b96e5a926475d0b665211bcea4aad67_original.png

Like Clicbot, Loona is also programmable.

When you think of the car race demontration video, you can imagine children drawing parcours with chalk on the ground, as one example.

What you have posted here is an "excellent example" of the timeline involved from concept design to market.

18 months, many shareholders should possibly take a note of this, the learning curve continues its educating.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Dhm

Regular
Sony is ranked as 116th in the list of Fortune 500 companies. So when Sean said many of our NDA's are Fortune 500 companies, he wasn't joking.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
I doubt that any shareholder here doubts the obvious nature of the Brainchip, Prophesee and Sony partnership technology links but look at it from a Renesas direction.

When you open this Renesas link open the Sony link then select the EU option to enliven the English language version. It becomes very interesting:

What we do not know is just how many nodes Prophesee needs of the AKIDA neural fabric to complete their event sensor???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Then of course there is the known links between Sony and MegaChips:

What a beautiful spiderweb is being woven around the Brainchip ecosystem.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1665278129249.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

TopCat

Regular
I doubt that any shareholder here doubts the obvious nature of the Brainchip, Prophesee and Sony partnership technology links but look at it from a Renesas direction.

When you open this Renesas link open the Sony link then select the EU option to enliven the English language version. It becomes very interesting:

What we do not know is just how many nodes Prophesee needs of the AKIDA neural fabric to complete their event sensor???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Do we know anything about Sony’s Aitrios? Seems their website is being updated about it.

Reactions: 6 users

MDhere

Regular
Yes it was a great moment.

Then I thought who does this remind me of and then it hit me could Rob Telson be @MC🐠 ?

I mean everywhere they both look they see Brainchip???

Not conclusive I know as everywhere I look I see Brainchip as well. @Bravo also seems to be afflicted as well.

@MC🐠 has however never been seen in the same room as Rob Telson and he likes to make burgers and did not attend the last AGM in Sydney???

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ive met MC in person, hey Akida would need to do 2 one shot learns to recognise both MC and RT (iinsert @Diogenese retired ogre)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hey Brain Fam,

There's so much to luuuurve in this article. I've emboldened my fave bits. I think even Blind Freddie would find it impossible to dispute that there are many references here that point towards destination AKIDA.

Disclaimer: I openly admit to being a severely afflicted but highly-functioning AKIDAHOLIC, so please draw your own conclusions.

Qualcomm Gears up to Drive Automotive Industry Transformation​

October 4, 2022
|In Blogs
|By Moumen Badawi
Qualcomm held a first-of-its-kind ‘Automotive Investor Day’ in New York recently. The event was organized to highlight the new ventures that Qualcomm is embarking upon in the automotive technology space. The company is building on its presence in 250 million vehicles using its connectivity and telematics technologies. Its automotive revenues traced to telematics and connectivity are projected to total $1.3 billion in 2022, up from $975 million in 2021. With this exclusive road map, the revenues are forecasted to reach $9 billion in 2031, which, based on the total addressable market (TAM) size, are conservative in our opinion. Licensing business is also part of the automotive push with the QTL (Qualcomm Technology Licensing) program to collect $5 per connected vehicle with 5G adoption expected to scale in 2024.
Qualcomm’s automotive efforts begin with its expertise in telematics and connectivity, the first branch of its Digital Chassis suite. Telematics and connectivity here include modems, GPS, Car2Cloud and more. The second biggest unit in terms of projected revenue generation is the digital cockpit, which has infotainment systems and where interaction with the driver/passenger takes place. This section comprises GPUs, CPUs, OS support and the like. Lastly, we have the top revenue generating unit, ADAS/AD systems, dubbed the Snapdragon Ride platform which is related to autonomous driving components, computer vision, ML and efficient computing processors.
Leader in Auto Connectivity

Cars Already on the Road

Qualcomm’s automotive presence precedes the revamped approach underlying the Automotive Investor Day. At the first event of the sort, Qualcomm highlighted its dominance in wireless technology in hardware and software and how such a reputation brings value in terms of applications in the automotive industry. Under its tie-ups with OEMs such as Stellantis and General Motors, Qualcomm is providing solutions pertaining to connectivity/car-to-cloud, digital cockpit and ADAS/AD systems. Some of these technologies are already on the road with Cadillac’s Lyriq EV and Opel’s Mokka-E. A new Mercedes-Benz model, reportedly the EQE SUV, is expected to be launched next The vehicle is set to be unveiled mid-October.

One Technology Platform

Qualcomm seeks to drive the automotive industry transformation by using at-the-edge technology and unlocking the potential for passengers and OEMs. The automotive pivot to EVs is key to redefining the automotive language of design and in-car experiences. One feature that proves valuable is linking the vehicle owner directly with the OEM. The vehicle itself will perform other duties such as data collection and analysis of driving modes, and AI refinement in terms of safety, map guidance and software errors. Having the vehicle connected to a centralized system adds value to both ends of the car. The “One Technology Platform” eases the scalability while maintaining uniformity given Qualcomm’s lead in wireless connectivity and established car technology suite.
Platform of Automotive Future

The Digital Chassis suite offers a combined platform within the vehicle, from connectivity to ADAS. The enablement of at-the-edge applications for vehicles expands the potential of automotive designs and advancements. Qualcomm has opted to design and produce systems-on-chips (SoCs) that can be for OEMs and their intended passenger vehicle concepts. A key notion is to reduce costs and increase uses of the SoCs which can be used in any type of vehicle and at any price point.
Qualcomm will offer flexibility and customization based on the OEM’s needs and work alongside the Tier 1 suppliers. The company noted that OEMs aim for region-specific features and options, which affect pricing and useability. Hence, the One Technology concept is still applied but with interchangeable features catering to the intended market such as traffic patterns, surrounding environment, and regulatory obligations.
Snapdragon Digital Chassis Integrations

Vehicle Lifecycle and Software as Differentiator

In contrast to the smartphone industry, cars have a longer life cycle which changes the perspective of technology implementation. To ensure vehicle longevity on the road, Qualcomm’s designs have future-oriented applications embedded, such as L3 and L4 AD systems. With its recent acquisition Arriver, Qualcomm aims to invest further into the technology for faster implementation and safer driving. Longevity also requires software updates and upkeep which Qualcomm does address by highlighting the importance of the One Technology concept and OEMs’ role in the cycle.
OTA updates of firmware and enabling new features can play a crucial role in keeping the car relevant to the latest technology. With such an approach, the passengers can perhaps experience a customized ride using OEM-specific applications or software add-ons. In addition, sensor algorithms and mapping of vehicle performance will always be refined. Thus, vehicle connectivity is becoming crucial as in-car experiences demand being almost constantly online.
Snapdragon Cockpit Software Ecosystem

Snapdragon Ride, ADAS/AD in Scope

Given the importance of ADAS/AD development in Qualcomm’s automotive strategy, Snapdragon Ride was showcased in detail. The road map showed SoC designs, vision system development through Arriver and the automated riding stack in collaboration with BMW.
The Snapdragon Ride Flex SoC is to be the first automotive super-compute SoC to integrate various operations including vision, ADAS/AD, and networking. The SoC will continue to be developed to reach Level 4 and even Level 5 autonomy while housing other applications for the passenger in terms of infotainment and the digital cockpit. AI accelerators would be in addition to the SoC to ensure fast computing and allow for data collection to scale solutions adequately while using a centralized cloud system. The Snapdragon Ride platform is the Digital Chassis branch pertaining to the ride experience and its refinement through interconnected functions.
Snapdragon Ride Flex SoC

C-V2X is another application Qualcomm is setting its sights on. With the enablement of such technology, the cars would be much safer and constantly connected with their surroundings, from pedestrian detection to parking spaces available in the vicinity. Having the vision SoC, C-V2X and sensors/LiDAR working together under one ecosystem is what Qualcomm offers for OEMs in addition to the other SoC applications and wireless technologies.
ADAS-AD

Snapdragon Ride SoC requires a vast compilation of compute power and precision for it to run smoothly. With that in mind, Qualcomm showcased the prowess needed to enable the technology. From multi-SoCs to computer vision, utilizing AI and ML algorithms for system enhancements and constant improvements, all allow OEMs to immediately tether the update through to all other vehicles.
Snapdragon Ride SoC

Design-win Pipeline: From $19 bn to $30 bn in Two Months

Qualcomm’s automotive push shows strong performance with an increase of $11 billion in two months towards its portfolio of vehicular technologies. The tech firm utilized its Digital Chassis to increase OEM partnerships and engage in automotive innovations with an estimated TAM of $100 billion by 2030. The pipeline additions include both software and hardware with the TAM addressing vehicle connectivity, cockpit digitization and driver assistance systems.
Automotive estimated TAM

The estimated revenue for 2031 was increased from the November 2021 forecast of $8 billion to more than $9 billion with a CAGR of 18%. The CAGR from 2022 to 2026 is estimated to be 32% with possible revenues of more than $4 billion, up from $3.5 billion from a previous estimate. The revisions indicate the operating scale of expanding OEM partnerships adopting Digital Chassis technologies, adding to the design-win pipeline and revenues associated with scaling and licensing. The content per vehicle is in the $200-$3,000 range depending on the desired features to be embedded.
Design-win Pipeline

The forecasted revenues do not include other opportunities cited at the event, which included two-wheelers and e-bikes, domain controllers and last-mile autonomy. However, these applications are to be explored by Qualcomm in the long term. Such opportunities can catapult the use of C-V2X technology and further expand Qualcomm’s TAM and technology adoptions through the various offerings, be it automotive or wireless oriented. The One Technology concept also adds value to OEMs’ efforts to expand their direct customer reach through other technologies and offerings, providing truly personalized yet uniform use cases for customers.
Opportunities

And then there's this...

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 11.55.20 am.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 11.45.45 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users

TopCat

Regular
Then of course there is the known links between Sony and MegaChips:

What a beautiful spiderweb is being woven around the Brainchip ecosystem.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

View attachment 18408
Indeed, what a web!

During the opening keynote at its annual Snapdragon Summit where it revealed its new Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 mobile platform, Qualcomm announced it has partnered with Sony Semiconductor Solutions to work alongside one another inside Qualcomm’s San Diego headquarters to push mobile imaging into the future.

While the exact details of this partnership remain under wraps, Qualcomm mentioned three specific benefits it expects to gain from the partnership as it pertains to camera advancements.

The first benefit is the ability to expedite image processing development on Snapdragon 8 devices. Imaging capabilities of smartphones are some of the most important features of newer flagship devices and it seems Qualcomm’s plan is to use Sony’s expertise in the area to more rapidly improve its image signal processing technology.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member

Excellent read TopCat.

Besides the extracts FF has highlighted it also underscores what a brilliant partner Prophesee is to have.

Tell us what you have gained from this collaboration with a startup company.

“…when we look at Prophesee, we feel its determination and aggressive stance to develop its technology into products and release them to the world, as well as its sense of urgency and earnestness, at every turn… “

“The Prophesee members continually take their own application software and evaluation kits and make approaches to customers, conclude NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) quickly, and enter phases of joint technical investigations. I believe we can learn much from their speed and adaptability in finding new customers…”

“Prophesee is a pioneer in event-based information processing, so they provide software and documents that reflect their abundant knowledge and expertise. They update their software quickly while identifying the functions that will be required in the future and including them in those updates, and the quality of their documents becomes even higher every time we see them. We can learn much from their development speed and their stance of wanting to always do better.”

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom