BRN Discussion Ongoing

Moonshot

Regular
That's not my ears bleeding, it's the will to live pouring out of my soul.

That has got to be one of the most unbalanced, vague and obtuse opinion fests about a stock I've ever heard (re 'the call' discussion on BRN).
What's their investment horizon again? 300 years - because the revenue (conveniently for the purposes of their discussion) will
remain as it is; interesting view. There seemed to be a suggestion that the share count would continue to rise indefinitely because it's increased in the past..... is that valid reasoning? and under what circumstances? They don't appear to give any view on the undeniably impressive and highly relevant list of publicly stated partners/licencees/patents that the company now has in it's commercial phase. For example do they even know who ARM is? Conveniently neglecting to mention their very public website...... PF: *feigned look of horror*...... they must be part of the cult along with all the companies BRN have financial/marketing/development and partnering relationships with. I forgot to mention the 'Brainchip youth cults' being fostered at two Universities in the US.

How much over 10 years has been spent on R&D for BRN's Akida project (R&D ongoing) (Using their example, how many projects does nVidia have going at one time and how efficiently does it use that money?). Seeing as they think purely the amount of money is directly related to the results.

As for personal attacks I don't appreciate being called a cult member on radio/podcast (or whatever it is) because I invested in something I have a positive view of based on my research, personal financial situation and investment style/horizon (which is not short term). Thanks but I'll make my decisions based on my 7 years of accumulated knowledge about what I'm invested in and why. I also know and accept that nothing is risk free which is where my investment plan comes in.

PF (Purple Ferret): *Jigs about waving his green and blue flag-like hankies ironically... Morris dancer style*
Reminds me of Americas cup 1983.. New York Yacht Club (WANCAs) can’t believe an upstart designer out of Perth, Benny Lexcen (PvDM) could have come up with a design to beat Liberty (Intel), which had US Defence Dept tech help… Akida is the winged keel!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Not a "sexy" industry to most I suspect but absolutely a necessary one these days.

A slice of this would be pretty satisfying.

Positive couple of mentions re neuromorphic and SNN.

Business

Smart Lock Market size worth $ 7.13 Billion, Globally, by 2030 at 13.71% CAGR: Verified Market Research®​

24 August 2022 at 9:15 pm AWST
Smart Lock Market size worth $ 7.13 Billion, Globally, by 2030 at 13.71% CAGR:
Verified Market Research®

PR Newswire

JERSEY CITY, N.J., Aug. 24, 2022

The market for smart locks has been driven by the rising security and safety
concerns relating to preventing invasion, unauthorized access, theft,
burglary, and expanded functionality compared to standard locks.

JERSEY CITY, N.J., Aug. 24, 2022 Verified Market Research recently published a
report, " Smart Lock Market " By Type (Deadbolts, Lever Handles, Padlocks, and
Others), By Communication Protocol (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Others), By Vertical
(Commercial, Residential, Institution & Government, Industrial, and Others),
and By Geography. According to Verified Market Research, the Smart Lock Market
size was valued at USD 2.55 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 7.13
Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 13.71% from 2022 to 2030.

Global Smart Lock Market Overview

The increasing need for high performance Integrated Circuits is a major factor
in the growth of the global smart lock market. By processing and storing data
on the same chip, neuromorphic devices can significantly cut down on the
amount of time a typical CPU spends moving data around. The time a regular CPU would have needed to shuttle data between a block of memory and the processor handling these memories' processing tasks is significantly decreased by the ability to combine processing and storage. So, the demand for higher performing ICs is assisting the market's growth in the pursuit of efficient computing.

In order to increase productivity and product quality, a wide range of sectors
needs to automate their processes with the use of artificial intelligence and
machine learning. Numerous businesses, including those in the medical, media,
telecom, auto, food, and beverage sectors, use AI extensively. Because SNN can make flexible and agile decisions while taking the situation's context into account as well as past experiences, it can effectively address the difficulties that these industries frequently face. Combining AI with ML can improve the efficiency of applications including fraud detection, credit scoring, speech recognition, self-driving cars, image classification, and language translation. The market is expanding as a result of an increase in demand for general-purpose cognitive and brain robots.

Key Developments

* February 2022 – Dormakaba finalised the acquisition of AtiQx Holding B.V.
in the Netherlands, bolstering its core business and services activities.
In the relevant market, AtiQx is one of the leading providers of
electronic access control and labour management.
* January 2022 – Vivint and New American Funding, one of the largest
independent mortgage providers in the country, have launched a strategic
alliance to help homeowners and purchasers protect their dream homes.
Customers of New American Funding will be eligible for special incentives
from Vivint to safeguard and automate their homes as a result of the
relationship.

Key Players

The major players in the market are Assa Abloy AB, Dorma+Kaba Holding AG,
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., Allegion Plc, Onity, Inc.

Verified Market Research has segmented the Global Smart Lock Market On the
basis of Type, Communication Protocol, Vertical, and Geography.

* Smart Lock Market, By Type

* Deadbolts
* Lever Handles
* Padlocks
* Others

* Smart Lock Market, By Communication Protocol

* Bluetooth
* Wi-Fi
* Others

* Smart Lock Market, By Vertical

* Commercial
* Residential
* Institution & Government
* Industrial
* Others

* Smart Lock Market, by Geography

* North America

* U.S
* Canada
* Mexico

* Europe

* Germany
* France
* U.K
* Rest of Europe

* Asia Pacific

* China
* Japan
* India
* Rest of Asia Pacific

* ROW

* Middle East & Africa
* Latin America
Great post FMF,

The Smart Locks market is quite big in South East Aisa, Samsung is also a major player, having product from $200 to $1k. Recent visit to Vietnam, I notices that most new appartment are installed with Smart Lock.

I personally have one on my door for 4 years now. Can't wait when Akida is embedded in one, where it's recognise my face and automaticly open, when my hand are full. 😊
20220912_081503.jpg

It's great to be a shareholder.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Cardpro

Regular
A random question, is it possible that we are already earning revenue through partnerships with Sifive & ARM or de we need a separate licensing contract per each relationship?

Reactions: 5 users

Lex555

Regular
Drone manufacturer DJI, with their new Osmo camera series is beyond the edge? Nice wording, one can only hope

90954531-F446-402D-AD35-FE22EACF24CC.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

toasty

Regular
Ill pose the questions for everyone here now as It would be interesting to hear everyones response.

Im curious from your point of view, what are you most excited about with Akida and in what applications?

Is there a use case that hasnt been seen to date which you think could really benefit from Akida?

Do you have any thoughts on future editions of Akida and its potential?

I've posted a couple of times over the last 2 weeks that I have a feeling in my bones that the next version of AKIDA may currently be in the hands of one or more EAP's for testing. Presuming that V2 incorporates LSTM to further increase its value for ADAS, I'd be comfortable placing a bet that Valeo would be at the front of the early testing queue. I can only imagine the SP action that would ensue from an announcement that the leading (only?) LiDar manufacturer has developed a sensing solution that can distinguish objects around a vehicle AND predict what those objects are likely to do......... $$$$$$$$$$$

My opinion only so DYOR

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

‘Predictive-Maintenance’ Tech Is Taking Off as Manufacturers Seek More Efficiency​

Pepsi, Colgate and other firms are populating their plants with sensors from AI startup Augury to ‘listen’ for machinery problems. And other up-and-coming ‘machine-health tech’ firms are offering similar wares​

im-617637

Anna Farberov, general manager of PepsiCo Labs, said predictive-maintenance tech at four of the company’s Frito-Lay plants reduced unexpected breakdowns, interruptions and costs.​

PHOTO: JOHN MARSHALL MANTEL/ZUMA PRESS
By
Angus Loten
Updated Sept. 7, 2022 2:29 pm ET

From the Wall Street Journal

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Cardpro

Regular
Although I am not even sure whether google has tanslated below article correctly, it talks about the usage of thr event based camera by Prosphesee & Sony.

644116-1-e0z70.jpg

Intellitech's AI smart imaging chip has been recognized by leading European car manufacturers as the core processor of the DMS system and has been officially mass-produced. Xinding Technology
With the popularity of electric vehicles and the continuous increase in the penetration rate of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), Xinding Technology actively invests in the research and development and market development of image-based automatic driving assistance systems. How to ensure that driving remains focused on road conditions while the ADAS system is turned on has become an urgent problem for governments and car manufacturers to overcome. Therefore, the European New Car Safety Assessment Association (Euro NCAP) will implement the Driver State Monitoring System from 2023; DMS) is listed as part of the new car’s safety rating score. Through the installation of the DMS system, multiple sensing devices and intelligent edge computing are used to track the driver’s sight line and physiological state, timely remind the driver and take over the vehicle when necessary to ensure driving safety. The image is the core of the DMS system, and the AI smart image chip of Xinding Technology can support a variety of image sensors to meet the different needs of car manufacturers for resolution, image wide dynamic, and protection of driving privacy. The French company cooperates to provide a complete DMS solution for domestic and foreign customers to use, so as to greatly shorten the customer development time.
According to the statistics of the European Union and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the United States, vehicle accidents can be divided into two types: illegal driving and human negligence, of which the proportion of human negligence is about 94~96%. Transportation vehicles of various sizes must be equipped with various advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) according to vehicle classification, and the driver monitoring system (DMS) is a necessary equipment to obtain a five-star safety rating. Therefore, automotive Tier-1 suppliers have been looking for relevant solutions for a long time. As the official launch time of regulations approaches, the market's demand and expectations for DMS products are getting higher and higher. In view of this, Core Ding Technology has completed the design and development of multiple sets of solutions for DMS applications for customers to choose, and has been officially mass-produced in a variety of commercial passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles through long-term road tests by customers.
Click on the image to enlarge

Through the high response speed of the event sensor, it can accurately track the driver's eye sight and the opening and closing of the eyes to judge the driving state. Xinding Technology

At present, Intellitech's AI smart image chip has been recognized by leading European car manufacturers as the core processor of DMS system and has been put into mass production. The DMS function to continuously improve the driving habits of the fleet has been installed in a large number of customers' North American fleets. Xinding Technology also cooperated with Canon, an ODM manufacturer, to provide ADAS and cabin monitoring image modules to Japanese self-driving car developers, and launched a multi-channel AI networked driving recorder integrating ADAS and DMS functions for fleet management and intelligence in North America and Japan. insurance customers. At the same time, Xinding Technology also cooperated with NVIDIA's only elite partner in Taiwan, Xinpro Optoelectronics, to develop image modules dedicated to automotive imaging, which can be used with NVIDIA AI computing platform for ADAS and DMS and other terminal applications.
Intellitech's AI smart image chips have built-in industry-leading image processing engines and AI deep learning accelerators, which can support a variety of image sensor technologies such as Global Shutter, RGBIR, and new types of event sensors. Meet the diverse needs of customers for smart cockpit monitoring, such as Driving Status Monitoring System (DMS), Occupant Monitoring System (OMS), and Face Recognition (Face Recognition). Color RGB and black and white IR images, using a single camera to monitor drivers and occupants and provide color images required for in-vehicle video conferencing. Event-based Vision Sensor (EVS) is a new type of sensor, which only captures the outline of moving objects, and can provide image information to the image processing chip with a very small amount of data and a very high response speed. Recognition, and Xin Ding Technology and a new stacked event-based visual sensor smart solution jointly developed by Sony Semiconductor Solutions (SSS) and Prophesee, in DMS applications can protect the driver's privacy at the same time, through the event sensor With the characteristics of high response speed, it can accurately track the driver's eye sight and the opening and closing of the eyes to judge the driving state, and use the built-in deep learning accelerator in the chip to complete the edge computing, which can reduce the burden on the on-board computer and reduce the system load. Delay to react more quickly.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

JK200SX

Regular
Although I am not even sure whether google has tanslated below article correctly, it talks about the usage of thr event based camera by Prosphesee & Sony.

644116-1-e0z70.jpg

Intellitech's AI smart imaging chip has been recognized by leading European car manufacturers as the core processor of the DMS system and has been officially mass-produced. Xinding Technology
With the popularity of electric vehicles and the continuous increase in the penetration rate of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), Xinding Technology actively invests in the research and development and market development of image-based automatic driving assistance systems. How to ensure that driving remains focused on road conditions while the ADAS system is turned on has become an urgent problem for governments and car manufacturers to overcome. Therefore, the European New Car Safety Assessment Association (Euro NCAP) will implement the Driver State Monitoring System from 2023; DMS) is listed as part of the new car’s safety rating score. Through the installation of the DMS system, multiple sensing devices and intelligent edge computing are used to track the driver’s sight line and physiological state, timely remind the driver and take over the vehicle when necessary to ensure driving safety. The image is the core of the DMS system, and the AI smart image chip of Xinding Technology can support a variety of image sensors to meet the different needs of car manufacturers for resolution, image wide dynamic, and protection of driving privacy. The French company cooperates to provide a complete DMS solution for domestic and foreign customers to use, so as to greatly shorten the customer development time.
According to the statistics of the European Union and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the United States, vehicle accidents can be divided into two types: illegal driving and human negligence, of which the proportion of human negligence is about 94~96%. Transportation vehicles of various sizes must be equipped with various advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) according to vehicle classification, and the driver monitoring system (DMS) is a necessary equipment to obtain a five-star safety rating. Therefore, automotive Tier-1 suppliers have been looking for relevant solutions for a long time. As the official launch time of regulations approaches, the market's demand and expectations for DMS products are getting higher and higher. In view of this, Core Ding Technology has completed the design and development of multiple sets of solutions for DMS applications for customers to choose, and has been officially mass-produced in a variety of commercial passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles through long-term road tests by customers.

Through the high response speed of the event sensor, it can accurately track the driver's eye sight and the opening and closing of the eyes to judge the driving state. Xinding Technology

At present, Intellitech's AI smart image chip has been recognized by leading European car manufacturers as the core processor of DMS system and has been put into mass production. The DMS function to continuously improve the driving habits of the fleet has been installed in a large number of customers' North American fleets. Xinding Technology also cooperated with Canon, an ODM manufacturer, to provide ADAS and cabin monitoring image modules to Japanese self-driving car developers, and launched a multi-channel AI networked driving recorder integrating ADAS and DMS functions for fleet management and intelligence in North America and Japan. insurance customers. At the same time, Xinding Technology also cooperated with NVIDIA's only elite partner in Taiwan, Xinpro Optoelectronics, to develop image modules dedicated to automotive imaging, which can be used with NVIDIA AI computing platform for ADAS and DMS and other terminal applications.
Intellitech's AI smart image chips have built-in industry-leading image processing engines and AI deep learning accelerators, which can support a variety of image sensor technologies such as Global Shutter, RGBIR, and new types of event sensors. Meet the diverse needs of customers for smart cockpit monitoring, such as Driving Status Monitoring System (DMS), Occupant Monitoring System (OMS), and Face Recognition (Face Recognition). Color RGB and black and white IR images, using a single camera to monitor drivers and occupants and provide color images required for in-vehicle video conferencing. Event-based Vision Sensor (EVS) is a new type of sensor, which only captures the outline of moving objects, and can provide image information to the image processing chip with a very small amount of data and a very high response speed. Recognition, and Xin Ding Technology and a new stacked event-based visual sensor smart solution jointly developed by Sony Semiconductor Solutions (SSS) and Prophesee, in DMS applications can protect the driver's privacy at the same time, through the event sensor With the characteristics of high response speed, it can accurately track the driver's eye sight and the opening and closing of the eyes to judge the driving state, and use the built-in deep learning accelerator in the chip to complete the edge computing, which can reduce the burden on the on-board computer and reduce the system load. Delay to react more quickly.

Looks like the special effects from Monkey Magic!

1662945206480.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

rgupta

Regular

644116-1-e0z70.jpg

That is exactly what NVISO was talking about and they had showed their product demonstration based upon akida chips.
NVISO have all the softwares for developing these types of systems and brainchip hardware is the most suitable hardware to them.
So yes it is a low hanging fruit for brainchip to encash quickly.
DYOR

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Cardpro

Regular
It appears that it's not that difficult for tech companies to develop driver monitoring system. Real important question is, how efficient it is and whether it can be processed at the Edge :)

Blazar85

Regular
Just musing, but what (if any) impact would sunglasses have on the DMS? Do they need to have a constant visual on the drivers' eyes I wonder???

Reactions: 6 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
They have mastered the art of capping the BRN share price even on the greenest days.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
They have mastered the art of capping the BRN share price even on the greenest days.
Yes!! after opening 4c up I thought we are in for a good day ... but 'others' didn't like that so put a stop to it! :mad:

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Just musing, but what (if any) impact would sunglasses have on the DMS? Do they need to have a constant visual on the drivers' eyes I wonder???
You just have a photochromatic windscreen.

Reactions: 2 users

clip

Regular
Drone manufacturer DJI, with their new Osmo camera series is beyond the edge? Nice wording, one can only hope

View attachment 16433
At first I would have said unlikely, because DJI is a Chinese Company.
But can't really comment on that due lack of knowledge.

Yesterday the news was posted about the company Hisense (China) and selecting an edgeAI processor by Synaptics (U.S.) for their SmartTV.

DSP Group (now Synaptics) is / was a supplier for GoPro.

So now you can speculate, if DJI, as a competitor to GoPro, will choose AKIDA for their products...

Cardpro

Regular
Yes!! after opening 4c up I thought we are in for a good day ... but 'others' didn't like that so put a stop to it! :mad:
I hope we get an announcement to burn shorters but I guess we won't be getting one anytime soon:(

We are almost in top 30 stock to be shorted :(

Imo

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
The ones we have installed in our work vehicles(seeing machines sold and monitored by westrac) have no issue with glasses or sunglasses. the early version one models had a few issues with some polarised lenses but that has been fixed which is good as safety glasses have to be worn on site at all times, even while driving. As I have been installing and maintaining these I have had a good chance to play with them without sending out alerts to my boss. They are very accurate as far as I can tell no matter what your wearing. biggest issue has been people putting their heads on funny angles, particularly when driving into morning or afternoon sun, it thinks they have gone to sleep.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom