BRN Discussion Ongoing

Ill pose the questions for everyone here now as It would be interesting to hear everyones response.

Im curious from your point of view, what are you most excited about with Akida and in what applications?

Is there a use case that hasnt been seen to date which you think could really benefit from Akida?

Do you have any thoughts on future editions of Akida and its potential?
As a back up for @Diogenese if he is ever taken off line or goes down.

Otherwise I think I would like to see AKIDA eventually solve the human machine interface issue to give those with all levels of mobility issues the capacity to act independently.

Allowing an amputee of any age in any country to walk through to a very elderly end of life patient to raise and lower their bed with the power of thought to make their last moments more comfortable.

These uses will be for the next generations of AKIDA when as @Diogenese might say spikes will be a two way street.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
Hi 1,000 Eyes

A heads up. If you come across a company Neural Magic, and you will, as they are connected to Nvidia in some way they are a software solution offering acceleration through sparsity on CPU’s. They are not a competitor in the AKIDA space.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Navel gazing:

5 top Machine Learning investments​

Investing Idea by Microsoft Start • 10/09/2022

Artificial intelligence is an example of technology that simulates capabilities in human-like machines . Machine learning is only a part of artificial intelligence . It involves how data is automatically and accurately processed for usage . Deep learning is not new in any way but today, it is far more advanced than years ago . Companies within this list are developing and invested in the Deep Learning industry.
MS, Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Nvidia

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/lis...sedgntp&cvid=e5bd7eef40f845a294a0cae3e7f4bb24

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Deena

Regular
This is the WANCA's on the call

I remember back in about 1995 when I was a secondary school teacher, and one of the teachers got up at a staff meeting and said; "There's this new thing called the internet and it will change the way we do everything." Of course then it cost about $20 for 1 hour of very slow internet access.

Anyway I was taken in by it all and became an IT teacher, teaching practical computer methods. This advantaged me greatly because of the knowledge and skills that I gained I was able to apply this to my new profession, and also I became indispensable in my part-time work in the army reserve.

Now with my 'discovery' of Akida/Brainchip's AI (the next really big thing) the future is looking better than ever. Hello to a wonderful retirement!

Yes, it is great to be an investor in this outstanding company. It is the future ...
GLTAH, Deena

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Proga

Regular
I meant to add that Scala 3 may need the LSTM version of Akida. I'm pretty sure we would have the software simulation of this, but I don't know if we've made a FPGA, or if Valeo have included the IP in a SoC.
Hi Dio,

Valeo are confident Scala 3 will be available in 2024. Do you know when LSTM version of Akida will be available?

Reactions: 2 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

Otherwise I think I would like to see AKIDA eventually solve the human machine interface issue to give those with all levels of mobility issues the capacity to act independently.

Allowing an amputee of any age in any country to walk through to a very elderly end of life patient to raise and lower their bed with the power of thought to make their last moments more comfortable.

These uses will be for the next generations of AKIDA when as @Diogenese might say spikes will be a two way street.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Great points.

What I also would like to see is Akida and fraud protection by detecting anomalies using keyword spotting.
Whether that be connected to the phone when a scammer calls and akida shuts it down when certain phrases are mentioned or requested, emails and spam, enhancing virus protection software, physical digital wallets.

My colleague mentioned to me that his wife who works for the commonwealth bank receives at least 3 people a day telling her that they got scammed of thousands of dollars.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
A short article on Renesas at the end of the article it states that TOYOTA AND TELSA are Key customers.....
HOME/CAR NEWS
Inside the Suppliers: Renesas
The semiconductor shortage is crunching supply of new cars and forcing manufacturers to sell models with a pared-back feature set. Renesas is one of the companies hit hardest by the ongoing crisis.
11 SECONDS AGO
2 COMMENTS
PREVIOUS NEWS
Is Tesla modifying cars and software specifically for crash testing?
17 HOURS AGO
229 COMMENTS
Don't get ripped off, find out what others have paid

GET REPORT

Vivek Shah
Vivek Shah
CONTRIBUTOR

PUBLISHED
11 September 2022, 7:00 am
With interiors featuring large displays, and increasingly advanced autonomous driving and active safety technologies, the cars of today (and the future) are not far from being supercomputers on wheels.
Modern cars use semiconductors to enable not only advanced technologies like those described above, but also everything from air-conditioning to scrolling indicators.
This reliance on semiconductors, combined with a global shortage borne of COVID and war in Ukraine, is why some cars are being sold with a stripped-back feature set, or face lengthy delays to arrive locally.
Japanese company Renesas is one of the largest semiconductor suppliers for the global automotive industry, and consequently one of the companies at the centre of the current semiconductor pinch.

Brief history​

While Renesas is a relatively young company that was established in April 2003, it can trace its heritage back to Mitsubishi and Hitachi.

Knowledge is the key to a strong negotiation, so we suggest that you spend a few minutes researching the actual prices people have been recently paying at dealerships using services such as PriceMyCar or forums and social media.
In 2002, Mitsubishi Electric and Hitachi decided to consolidate their semiconductor businesses (excluding their DRAM, or dynamic random access memory business, which was merged separately) into a company called Renesas.
Hitachi would initially have a 55 per cent stake in the new firm, with Mitsubishi controlling the remaining 45 per cent of shares.
Renesas is a portmanteau of Renaissance Semiconductor for Advanced Solutions, which doesn’t say much about the rationale for its existence – to generate economies of scale by combining similar operations, improving profitability in the process.
With an annual sales revenue of approximately $US7 billion in the 2003 fiscal year, Renesas immediately became one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world. In 2010, Renesas merged with the semiconductor operations of fellow Japanese company NEC Electronics to further expand its footprint, which brought about a minor name change to Renesas Electronics Corporation (from the former Renesas Technology Corporation).
As with many other Japanese carmakers and suppliers, the Japanese earthquakes in 2011 hit Renesas hard. Although the company’s factory in Naka (Ibaraki Prefecture) was designed to be earthquake resistant, several pieces of valuable equipment were damaged, and estimates suggested it would take six months before the factory could be restored to its pre-earthquake output.
Others Have Viewed

MG HS Logo
MG HS

2021-MG-HS-Core-MG-HS-Excite-1-1.jpg
2021-MG-HS-Core-MG-HS-Excite-11.jpg
2021-MG-HS-Core-MG-HS-Excite-31.jpg
2021-MG-HS-Core-MG-HS-Excite-29.jpg
2021-MG-HS-Core-MG-HS-Excite-37.jpg

SPEC SHEETTEST DRIVE
However, with the assistance of Toyota engineers who devised a ‘big room method’ that made it clear how recovery efforts were progressing, and other outside help, the company was able to restart production ahead of schedule.
More importantly, Renesas claimed it developed an improved business continuity plan that allowed it to better weather natural disasters (such as earthquakes in 2016), and set it up to manage its business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Renesas has been at the heart of the global semiconductor shortage. CEO Hidetoshi Shibata has claimed while there is adequate production capacity to build enough semiconductors, one of the reasons for the pinch are shortages in the mining and supply of raw materials.
This has caused a flow-on effect in the production of certain types of semiconductors, especially those that use 40 nanometre transistors (processors in modern smartphones generally use 5nm) such as power management chips, and chips that process mixed digital and analogue signals.
Renesas is a publicly listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, with a market capitalisation of approximately US$17.8 billion.

Type of products produced​

Renesas’ business extends beyond the automotive industry, reaching consumer electronics, along with the industrial and healthcare sectors. In the automotive space, however, Renesas primarily makes automotive microcontroller units (MCUs) and system-on-chip (SoC) products.
Renesas claims its ‘R-Car’ automotive SoC is designed for the ‘next generation of automotive computing for the age of autonomous vehicles’, and can power everything from advanced driver assistance systems to digital instrument clusters.
For example, Renesas claims its R-Car V4H SoC is suitable for cars equipped with Level 3 autonomous driving features, and its maximum performance of 34 trillion operations per second facilitates activities such as high-speed image recognition and processing of objects that have been identified by surround-view cameras, radar and LiDAR systems.
Renesas claims the V4H family of SoCs will also enable customers (car manufacturers) to develop cars that meet predicted Euro NCAP requirements until 2025.
Other applications for its MCUs and SoCs include controlling everything from electric power windows and HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) systems, to LED headlight units, and electric power steering and tyre pressure monitoring systems.
Apart from MCUs and SoCs, Renesas produces electronic oscillators (devices that generate a clock signal) such as the VersaClock automotive clock generator, used to synchronise signals from various automotive systems, as well as other power management devices and automotive display processors.

Vehicles using Renesas products​

The prevalence of semiconductors in a modern car, combined with Renesas’ portfolio of automotive products, means countless cars sold today use at least one Renesas semiconductor, with many vehicles likely using multiple chips.
Renesas counts major OEMs including everyone from Toyota to Tesla as key customers, with the former also being a shareholder in the company

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Adam

Regular
Hi Quiltman
I've also noticed a change in descriptive phasing to marketing AKIDA since Chris arrived.
He appears to have injected a poetic flare to aid sales

Chris Stevens

Vice President of Worldwide Sales

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1662859409869.jpg
    FB_IMG_1662859409869.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy All,

How did I not know this? Alphabet's Waymo is collaborating with Daimler, the parent company of Mercedes-Benz, on a fully autonomous Level 4 system for trucks.

Apologies if someone has posted about this previously, I couldn't see anything that indicated it had.

9 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Dio,

Valeo are confident Scala 3 will be available in 2024. Do you know when LSTM version of Akida will be available?
The short answer is I don't know.

Our cooperation with Valeo is described as a joint development, which means the parties are working together on a project. It is my guess that our part of the development will include adding LSTM to Akida. Whether that involves developing a combined sensor/SNN SoC or separate sensor and SNN, I don't know.

As I said, I'm confident that the software simulation of Akida LSTM would already be in the hands of Valeo, but I don't know if a FPGA or a SoC has been built, but they will need to do extensive road testing before putting it into a commercial vehicle.

There has been some debate about whether 2024 models are released in 2023, but they would be starting manufacture in 2023, so they will need to start road tests with the engineering samples soonish.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Proga

Regular
I remember back in about 1990? when I was a secondary school teacher, and one of the teachers got up at a staff meeting and said; "There's this new thing called the internet and it will change the way we do everything." Of course then it cost about $20 for 1 hour of very slow internet access.

Anyway I was taken in by it all and became an IT teacher, teaching practical computer methods. This advantaged me greatly because of the knowledge and skills that I gained I was able to apply this to my new profession, and also I became indispensable in my part-time work in the army reserve.

Now with my 'discovery' of Akida/Brainchip's AI (the next really big thing) the future is looking better than ever. Hello to a wonderful retirement!

Yes, it is great to be an investor in this outstanding company. It is the future ...
GLTAH, Deena
Deena,

The internet as we know it was rolled out in Australia in 1995. Corporate and Govt where the 1st big adopters who had access to fibre loops along with some small retail/household early adopters who put up with dial-up speeds. It really didn't take off in the broader community until around 2002 after Y2K thanks to people like yourself when it gained traction in the schools when kids came home pestering their parents to get it.

Before 1995, Corporate and Govt had their own routers and servers for internal use for their own WAN/LAN networks.

Reactions: 6 users

Our cooperation with Valeo is described as a joint development, which means the parties are working together on a project. It is my guess that our part of the development will include adding LSTM to Akida. Whether that involves developing a combined sensor/SNN SoC or separate sensor and SNN, I don't know.

As I said, I'm confident that the software simulation of Akida LSTM would already be in the hands of Valeo, but I don't know if a FPGA or a SoC has been built, but they will need to do extensive road testing before putting it into a commercial vehicle.

There has been some debate about whether 2024 models are released in 2023, but they would be starting manufacture in 2023, so they will need to start road tests with the engineering samples soonish.
Hi @Diogenese

Me, myself and I along with my Blind Freddie believe that the AKIDA with LSTM IP has been in the hands of a select group of customers for some many months.

To come to this belief we have relied upon our deep scientific and technical knowledge amounting to zero and the following forensic known facts:

1. In June, 2019 Brainchip informed shareholder’s that AKIDA IP had been provided to a select group of early access customers - a large number of speculative dots now point to Valeo and Mercedes Benz being two of those customers.

2. It was not until 12 months later that Socionext received back the AKD1000 engineering samples from TSMC.

3. In November, 2021 Peter van der Made mentioned that the next version of AKD1000 with LSTM was shortly to be released to Engineering - Anil Mankar

4. At the AGM in May, 2022 the CEO Sean Hehir stated that he expected to be announcing the release of the IP in the second half 2022 and that if they decide to go to fab it would be first half 2023.

5. Peter van der Made has not been confined to Perth but has in recent weeks been helping out in the Paris offices with software and the US Offices with engineering both activities would seem unlikely if the AKIDA LSTM IP was still languishing incomplete on the bench in Perth. I note Paris is in Europe and Mercedes Benz and Valeo are there as well.

Now you may say I’m a dreamer but I am not the only one but I hope one day you will join us (Blind Freddie & me) and this idea will be as one.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 86 users

Proga

Regular

Cheers mate. Depends how you interpret hit the market. I'm leaning towards 2025 models released in 2024 with fingers crossed I'm wrong. Stellantis are using it from 2024 in multiple models (not all). Merc hopefully are a year ahead?? We'll know soon enough.

Valeo’s third-generation laser LiDAR technology, which is scheduled to hit the market in 2024, will take autonomous driving even further, making it possible to delegate driving to the vehicle in many situations, including at speeds of up to 130 km/h on the highway. Even at high speeds on the highway, autonomous vehicles equipped with this system are able to manage emergency situation autonomously.

Stellantis has chosen Valeo's third-generation LiDAR to equip multiple models of its different automotive brands from 2024. The Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR will enable these vehicles to be certified for level 3 automation, allowing drivers to safely take their hands off the steering wheel and their eyes off the road.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

TopCat

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF, while researching snn wearables for seizure detection I came across this paper for prosthetics. I don’t know if you have seen it before. The attached diagram illustrates a person controlling a robotic arm to help feed themself. The paper doesn’t mention Akida but the research was performed using a Xilinx Zedboard which I found a link to page mentioning Brainchip releasing such a board. An interesting article but again a lot of it is above my understanding.

“The proposed system was designed in Verilog-HDL and implemented on the Xilinix Zed board. The synthesis and hardware implementation was performed using Xilinx Vivado, the application that runs on the hardware was designed using the Xilinx SDK, and the bootable files and board configuration were done using Xilinx petalinux. For evaluation, we use a 6 DOF robot arm that consists of 6 bus servos.
As shown in Figure 4 the proposed system was evaluated by classifying sEMG hand gesture dataset from [26] using the EMG NPU, and frame-based hand gesture dataset from a camera using the visual NPU. The output of these NPUs is subsequently fused and also evaluated.”

Study of a Multi-modal Neurorobotic Prosthetic Arm Control System based on Recurrent Spiking Neural Network

BrainChip releases Xilinx-based neural network acceleration board for object recognition, surveillance​

Attachments

• D31B97CB-0385-467C-A971-E0E181F6E834.jpeg
    D31B97CB-0385-467C-A971-E0E181F6E834.jpeg
    754.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Hi FF, while researching snn wearables for seizure detection I came across this paper for prosthetics. I don’t know if you have seen it before. The attached diagram illustrates a person controlling a robotic arm to help feed themself. The paper doesn’t mention Akida but the research was performed using a Xilinx Zedboard which I found a link to page mentioning Brainchip releasing such a board. An interesting article but again a lot of it is above my understanding.

“The proposed system was designed in Verilog-HDL and implemented on the Xilinix Zed board. The synthesis and hardware implementation was performed using Xilinx Vivado, the application that runs on the hardware was designed using the Xilinx SDK, and the bootable files and board configuration were done using Xilinx petalinux. For evaluation, we use a 6 DOF robot arm that consists of 6 bus servos.
As shown in Figure 4 the proposed system was evaluated by classifying sEMG hand gesture dataset from [26] using the EMG NPU, and frame-based hand gesture dataset from a camera using the visual NPU. The output of these NPUs is subsequently fused and also evaluated.”

Study of a Multi-modal Neurorobotic Prosthetic Arm Control System based on Recurrent Spiking Neural Network

BrainChip releases Xilinx-based neural network acceleration board for object recognition, surveillance​

Exciting technology @TopCat

No I had not seen this article or picked up on this research with Xilinx.

There are clear links to Xilinx as you have shown and others have explored dots across a number of areas but no one has yet proven exactly what might be happening between Brainchip and Xilinx.

@Diogenese might be able to find a patent that could enhance the collective knowledge on this robotic arm being controlled by neural impulse.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Cheers mate. Depends how you interpret hit the market. I'm leaning towards 2025 models released in 2024 with fingers crossed I'm wrong. Stellantis are using it from 2024 in multiple models (not all). Merc hopefully are a year ahead?? We'll know soon enough.

Valeo’s third-generation laser LiDAR technology, which is scheduled to hit the market in 2024, will take autonomous driving even further, making it possible to delegate driving to the vehicle in many situations, including at speeds of up to 130 km/h on the highway. Even at high speeds on the highway, autonomous vehicles equipped with this system are able to manage emergency situation autonomously.

Stellantis has chosen Valeo's third-generation LiDAR to equip multiple models of its different automotive brands from 2024. The Valeo SCALA 3 LiDAR will enable these vehicles to be certified for level 3 automation, allowing drivers to safely take their hands off the steering wheel and their eyes off the road.

I've been driving all night with hands wet on the wheel............not for much longer. Radar Love? Love LiDar.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Hi @Diogenese

The following paper proposing the system being used here is where all the secrets seem to lie so if you feel inclined could you run your eye over this and provide your thoughts as to whether they need an IP licence from Brainchip to put their thoughts into action:

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Hi @Diogenese

The following paper proposing the system being used here is where all the secrets seem to lie so if you feel inclined could you run your eye over this and provide your thoughts as to whether they need an IP licence from Brainchip to put their thoughts into action:

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi @Diogenese
To my totally untrained eye they seem to be in desperate need of Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar to set them on the right track. The have at least worked out they need STDP but they are otherwise a very long way from the finishing line.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Easytiger

Regular
Hi @Diogenese

Me, myself and I along with my Blind Freddie believe that the AKIDA with LSTM IP has been in the hands of a select group of customers for some many months.

To come to this belief we have relied upon our deep scientific and technical knowledge amounting to zero and the following forensic known facts:

1. In June, 2019 Brainchip informed shareholder’s that AKIDA IP had been provided to a select group of early access customers - a large number of speculative dots now point to Valeo and Mercedes Benz being two of those customers.

2. It was not until 12 months later that Socionext received back the AKD1000 engineering samples from TSMC.

3. In November, 2021 Peter van der Made mentioned that the next version of AKD1000 with LSTM was shortly to be released to Engineering - Anil Mankar

4. At the AGM in May, 2022 the CEO Sean Hehir stated that he expected to be announcing the release of the IP in the second half 2022 and that if they decide to go to fab it would be first half 2023.

5. Peter van der Made has not been confined to Perth but has in recent weeks been helping out in the Paris offices with software and the US Offices with engineering both activities would seem unlikely if the AKIDA LSTM IP was still languishing incomplete on the bench in Perth. I note Paris is in Europe and Mercedes Benz and Valeo are there as well.

Now you may say I’m a dreamer but I am not the only one but I hope one day you will join us (Blind Freddie & me) and this idea will be as one.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Imagine!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

"To deliver on the Waymo Driver-ready Cascadia, Daimler executed more than 1,500 Waymo functional requirements based on learning done in programming for passenger cars and trucking platforms."

sloth-slow.gif

11 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom