BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Thanks all for the considered responses. F1 news is interesting. Lewis for the magic 8 ball GOAT title.

The car is having a few issues in practice and if they can sort that out there should be no reason why Lewis can’t challenge for the title again this year

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
2022 AI Index Report has been released.

"The AI Index is an independent initiative at the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI), led by the AI Index Steering Committee, an interdisciplinary group of experts from across academia and industry. The annual report tracks, collates, distills, and visualizes data relating to artificial intelligence, enabling decision-makers to take meaningful action to advance AI responsibly and ethically with humans in mind.

The latest edition includes data from a broad set of academic, private, and nonprofit organizations as well as more self-collected data and original analysis than any previous editions, including an expanded technical performance chapter, a new survey of robotics researchers around the world, data on global AI legislation records in 25 countries, and a new chapter with an in-depth analysis of technical AI ethics metrics."

Top takeaways are listed below.

There is no reference to BrainChip in the report which is a bit disappointing as some meaningful data on how Akida would perform under Section 2 would be very interesting. Enjoy.

1647641827666.png

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

MrNick

Regular
The car is having a few issues in practice and if they can sort that out there should be no reason why Lewis can’t challenge for the title again this year
Netlix’ Drive to Survive is a cracker. Didn’t realise how despised Mazepin was - couldn’t drive either, Schumacher was class despite the elephant in the roomski.

Reactions: 5 users
Here are some observations of the tech shift from the Trump era to the Biden era (even though it sounds like their bagging Trump a bit):

"plenty of important stories have transcended the shift in presidents: among them are tech labor issues; diversity, equity, and inclusion; cybersecurity; the long-term effect on COVID-19 on companies and the economy; VR and gaming; and the uses and misuses of artificial intelligence."

"there are many more shifts you could probably name that would support a full-time tech reporter at any publication: the heightened importance of chip manufacturing and innovation;..."

Reactions: 4 users
Just posted some cool videos by Professor Haick on the Nanose page and on a plus side @Fact Finder you don’t have to read anything.

I hate videos. So painfully slow. I need to fast forward and jump around at my pace which I can do when reading . The good Professor spoke so slowly when he was younger I wanted to scream. 😂🤣
Had to give up even during his more recent ones about healing skin. Not sure if there is anything I missed as a result so it will be up to others to decide.

HE DID EXPOSE that deep learning fell over when they went from the laboratory to the clinic as it could not deal with the contaminants in the real world when sampling breath and their accuracy dropped to 50%. Clearly AKD1000 did not have this drop in performance and this is why AKIDA RULES.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I know this is of topic but if anyone has a digital subscription to the Weekend Australian there is a wonderful bit of advice from a couple of cardiologists on page 3. Given that a lot of people on this thread (I'm guessing) are of a certain age would find very useful.
The article is titled "Surprise heart deaths could end"

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

I hate videos. So painfully slow. I need to fast forward and jump around at my pace which I can do when reading . The good Professor spoke so slowly when he was younger I wanted to scream. 😂🤣
Had to give up even during his more recent ones about healing skin. Not sure if there is anything I missed as a result so it will be up to others to decide.

HE DID EXPOSE that deep learning fell over when they went from the laboratory to the clinic as it could not deal with the contaminants in the real world when sampling breath and their accuracy dropped to 50%. Clearly AKD1000 did not have this drop in performance and this is why AKIDA RULES.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Glad you lasted longer than me watching them lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I was reading through this Deloitte's "Autonomous Driving" Report from 2019. It's stacked full of interesting info. One thing that really struck me was the cross-industry partnerships. Autonomous driving is one of the most complex development challenges in the automotive industry and
cross-industry partnerships are described as being "an inevitable prerequisite to mitigate these complex challenges and to close own technology blind spots".

This figure shows the major stakeholders that have established or joined specific co-operations or partnerships. It is
exemplary selection only and not fully exhaustive, so not intended to reflect the full extent of AD
partnerships and investments.

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 11.54.20 am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
I was reading through this Deloitte's "Autonomous Driving" Report from 2019. It's stacked full of interesting info. One thing that really struck me was the cross-industry partnerships. Autonomous driving is one of the most complex development challenges in the automotive industry and
cross-industry partnerships are described as being "an inevitable prerequisite to mitigate these complex challenges and to close own technology blind spots".

This figure shows the major stakeholders that have established or joined specific co-operations or partnerships. It is
exemplary selection only and not fully exhaustive, so not intended to reflect the full extent of AD
partnerships and investments.

View attachment 2830
Thanks B,

Here’s a Deloittes 2022 tech trends paper.

I‘d cut and paste it across but it’s 135 pages. Haven’t finished reading it yet but it’s and interesting read:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

M_C

Founding Member
Hi @ManChildreborn😜

Thanks for the heads up. I agree with you.

NXP is my little IP licencing deal baby that is crawling and will soon learn to walk.

I posted this cheeky introduction post a few days ago which Rob Telson liked. I'd like to think that he already knew who NXP and Lars Reger were but for the sake of pride and being able to beat my chest at the $20 party, I'm going to run with the story that I introduced Rob to Lars and so begun a relationship that resulted in one of the largest semiconductor IP licencing deals ever signed.

Cheers and you're welcome. :p

View attachment 1720

NXP also talked about the automotive sector, which accounts for about half of its business and how digital technology was progressing in vehicles that are being designed now.

"Today in the average car, the architecture of the car is a flat point-to-point type of system. And what's happening is you're seeing more and more data come into the car, more and more data generated in the car, and it's choking that network. If you think about the lines of code for the operating system of the car, it can be up to 2 million lines of code. That's continuing to expand," said Jeff Palmer, Vice President of Investor Relations.

Palmer explained how the automotive vendors want to expand the in-car network and segment it, perhaps mirroring the way that data network architecture in the enterprise has evolved.

"They want to create some hierarchy in the car and partition the car into specific segments where you would have what we call a domain processor, and think of that as not as a microcontroller, but a multicore MPU that will control all the leaf nodes in a domain below it," Palmer said.

"That domain processor role, we've been able to identify about five of them. And they will talk again to each other against a high-speed gigabit Ethernet backbone to almost a network gateway type of a device. And so in this way, you'll be able to create some partitioning hierarchy into the car," he explained.

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
A bit off-topic I know, but this photo by Italian photographer Ivan Pedretti is a reminder of what a crazily exquisite world we are lucky enough to inhabit. This photo was the overall winner of this year's Glanzlichter Competition and it takes my breathe away.

Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 1.46.09 pm.png

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 29 users
After listening to this podcast with ARK Invest's Cathie Wood just makes me drool just thinking about how incredibly big and dominant Brainchip could potentially become:

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Chippers,
Just wanted to let you know, MC and me are still good mates, his name change is just a bit of banter we've been having, don't feel awkward, we have been laughing our heads off so don't stress.
And because I am still friends with him, other founding members have nominated me for Nobel Peace prize for 2022 ☺.
Take care everyone... including you "FUbacon" 🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
D

Deleted member 118

NXP also talked about the automotive sector, which accounts for about half of its business and how digital technology was progressing in vehicles that are being designed now.

"Today in the average car, the architecture of the car is a flat point-to-point type of system. And what's happening is you're seeing more and more data come into the car, more and more data generated in the car, and it's choking that network. If you think about the lines of code for the operating system of the car, it can be up to 2 million lines of code. That's continuing to expand," said Jeff Palmer, Vice President of Investor Relations.

Palmer explained how the automotive vendors want to expand the in-car network and segment it, perhaps mirroring the way that data network architecture in the enterprise has evolved.

"They want to create some hierarchy in the car and partition the car into specific segments where you would have what we call a domain processor, and think of that as not as a microcontroller, but a multicore MPU that will control all the leaf nodes in a domain below it," Palmer said.

"That domain processor role, we've been able to identify about five of them. And they will talk again to each other against a high-speed gigabit Ethernet backbone to almost a network gateway type of a device. And so in this way, you'll be able to create some partitioning hierarchy into the car," he explained.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A bit off-topic I know, but this photo by Italian photographer Ivan Pedretti is a reminder of what a crazily exquisite world we are lucky enough to inhabit. This photo was the overall winner of this year's Glanzlichter Competition and it takes my breathe away.

View attachment 2832
Drone cameras have opened up a whole new world.

Reactions: 3 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Haha
  • Fire
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Chippers,
Just wanted to let you know, MC and me are still good mates, his name change is just a bit of banter we've been having, don't feel awkward, we have been laughing our heads off so don't stress.
And because I am still friends with him, other founding members have nominated me for Nobel Peace prize for 2022 ☺.
Take care everyone... including you "FUbacon" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

When I was watching this video I was thinking they are doing lots of very interesting things but except for the soil monitoring where it is powered by the plants he did not mention at any time actual power consumption. Then at the end he said if you came into their showroom they have 50 demonstrations of use cases for NXP technology including the few he showed us in his walk around. Again he did not mention power consumption.

This failure to mention power stands out for me given that once he moved inside away from the Ford EV 150 and power station the first stand was all about being GREEN and power efficiency. There after having started on a GREEN high why did he never again mention power consumption except for one small "low power" comment which he did not quantify. As we know one person's low power is not necessarily the same as Brainchip's idea of low power.

On the power being provided by a plant to measure moisture in the soil what does the farmer do until the first plant grows in his field??? Borrow his wife's Aspidistra from the loungeroom to plug into? The wombats and kangaroos would love that down our way.

Anyway my main takeaway from all the use cases he showed was how amazing am I that without a battery or a lead plugged into a plant I have managed to do all these different things and many more during my life. Remembering our children were in the car seems to have been apparently something quite astonishing. Picking up a handful of soil and squeezing it to see if it was moist. Knocking on a door with my fist to let occupants know I had arrived or if the occupant hearing someone else knock and piecing together that there was someone at the door. Then being able to drive to the house to knock on the door. I am astonishing. Then so are you as you are reading what I have typed and understood having never read what I have typed before.

So how amazing is the human brain and how astonishing is it to be invested in the most advanced attempt at creating true artificial general intelligence in all the World and perhaps as far as we know in the Universe.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom