1.2 MB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
For VR and AR, there are several applications I could see come into play:
  1. Hand tracking
  2. Eye-tracking
  3. Playspace tracking
  4. Object recognition
Stand-alone HMDs like the Meta Quest are becoming the norm, rumor is (based on patents) that Valve is also looking to create a stand-alone device.

Just as Valve is working on their SteamDeck (think of competitor to Nintendo's Switch), aiming to put a desktop PC (probably more akin to a gaming laptop) into a handheld device. It's only a matter of time before stand-alone VR/AR devices attempt to do the same. There is the Simula One, aimed to run a full version of Desktop Linux.

If hand-recognition was good enough, I imagine that VR devices could project actual keyboards into a virtual environment (there is one Logitech Keyboard that works with the Meta Quest) in addition to using hand-tracking gestures for navigating UI elements. It would be a very interesting day if one could do their daily desk jobs (including software development) completely in VR with several virtual monitors replacing those that take up actual desk space.

In applications where camera sensors are heavily used, Akida has a place within tracking and recognition capabilities, considering that two of the problems they are trying to solve are reducing the amount of heat generated and extending the battery life of these devices.

Edit: With regards to military use for VR, a few years ago I thought it would be interesting to have a base (think of something like a drone operator center), where Virtual Reality HMDs could be used with technology like Virtusphere and several individuals remotely controlling robots like Boston Dynamics' Atlas to replace actual foot soldiers.

We're probably a long way of from that kind of dystopian future, but emerging technologies are certainly making it a possibility.
Great post. Very helpful to an old non gamer.

On the question of ‘is it accurate enough for hand gesture’ if you look at what Brainchip states it can do in the cybersecurity space by detecting and identifying the keystroke patterns of individual operators accessing systems it does sound that it’s capacity is quite advanced.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Foxdog

Regular
I was hoping between that and the quarterly report in April, we might have some good news in absence of any new agreements or IP sales in the next couple of months. However, the SP was holding its own very well for the past couple of weeks and just recently the stark drop.

There's always June!
Sorry everyone, it was my fault that the share price dropped so suddenly - I decided to top up the day before 😖 I'll let you all know when I decide to buy more.....🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

FJ-215

Regular
Damn, BRN is getting hammered down. Anyone knows why? I fully trust the company but getting a bit concerned
Just a heads up but we kinda got world war 3 going on. And NO, that is not overstating things. Cash is king atm, going to be some cheap shares on offer until this is resolved.

Could be weeks, months or years.

Reactions: 10 users
Hi Rocket
These researchers are using software as they do not know about AKD1000 as the following extract makes clear:

“2.3. Spiking Neural Networks
This paper proposes to study a Spiking Neural Network Model to solve the SHM supervised anomaly detection problem directly on the sensor’s node MCU. The SNN model is a brain-inspired (so-called third-generation) type of neural network. They have a greater computational capacity as the single neuron is modelled with a much more complex dynamic than the neurons present in traditional Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs). This means that SNNs can solve the same tasks as ANNs with fewer neurons [8]. Moreover, their hardware implementation on neuromorphic architectures and accelerators can lead to greater energy efficiency in data management and computation [24–28]. In this work, we do not consider neuromorphic implementation because the objective is to work with low-cost commercial MCUs, for which SNN porting is not available.”

I will forward this paper to Brainchip so they can add them to the mailing list. LOL

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Never been out West but WA coppers were always classed as big units. Did they have different selection guide lines? Or Urban myth?
Different states had different criteria. I was referring to NSW. FF

I became aware of VR AR XR now they have MR through investing in VR1 it gave me a general understanding of it, but it will definately be as ubiquitous as a phone tablet or pc. Espeacially in education on all levels.. industry will have to adopt it or fall behind. I wouldn't be surprised if the EQXX was designed using it to be honest. You seem more way more offay with it than me and I would be happy to hear more about your findings in the future.
I found this article which I think you might like. I see deep learning and neural networks get a mention and from what he's said NNs are a match made in heaven for XR. I'm sure things have progressed far in this space since the article was written and I'm seeing AKIDA knocking it out of the ballpark..🤓 👍🙏

There's a ton of articles and youtube
Clips...🤓🤓🤓

I have to say the following paragraph lept of the page and grabbed my attention:

“Mercedes cAR will start with the market launch of the new A-Class. This is the first model to feature the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX), which allows intuitive operation and a completely new relationship with the vehicle, thanks to artificial intelligence, intelligent voice control and a comprehensive touch control concept.”

I am not saying for one minute that this is AKIDA but what are the odds that Mercedes has two completely new systems doing the same thing.

One they announce to the whole world in a concept vehicle that they claim is 6 to 10 times more efficient than anything else and one that is 6 to 10 times less efficient that they are going to release instead.

I will leave it with you.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Hittman

Regular
Just a heads up but we kinda got world war 3 going on. And NO, that is not overstating things. Cash is king atm, going to be some cheap shares on offer until this is resolved.

Could be weeks, months or years.
Weeks, maybe a couple months at most imo, Russia will withdraw or Ukraine will capitulate.

Really no other outcomes here.

BRN likely going under $1 Monday or Tuesday going by USA markets..

Reactions: 5 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I have to say the following paragraph lept of the page and grabbed my attention:

“Mercedes cAR will start with the market launch of the new A-Class. This is the first model to feature the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX), which allows intuitive operation and a completely new relationship with the vehicle, thanks to artificial intelligence, intelligent voice control and a comprehensive touch control concept.”

I am not saying for one minute that this is AKIDA but what are the odds that Mercedes has two completely new systems doing the same thing.

One they announce to the whole world in a concept vehicle that they claim is 6 to 10 times more efficient than anything else and one that is 6 to 10 times less efficient that they are going to release instead.

I will leave it with you.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

What we love.... MBUX is a visual treat

Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
Sorry if posted already.
View attachment 2242
Thank you for this. Just before I get too excited, spell this out for me again please. Renesas, which uses Akida, is creating their SENSING 360 system for Honda.

If I understand that correctly, then this news, whilst not as explosive as Mercedes Benz, is continued proof of our continued bullishness.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Dhm

Regular
I have not seen his name before, time to keep this gentleman on our watchlist.

That'll make an impressive looking CV (check the ''projects'' tab on that link above)

Oh BTW, don't think we need to dot join, because it's written right there.

View attachment 2244
Uninformed comment coming:
Are we not a couple of years ahead of Intel's Loihi? At least that is what I have noticed in a couple of podcasts and from informed people here.

Reactions: 4 users

Dang Son

Regular
I think we establish that Renesas R-car is not using Akida IP.
While they are stating reliability and power savings from RH-850
What is the chance this one contains our IP?

RH850/F1K - Pin Diagram (100-pin LQFP)
1646437336841.png

Reactions: 2 users
I recall hearing the slogan: “we make sensors smart.”

Just trying to remember any known partners with any sensors… oh that’s right Valeo have a couple:

Attachments

• E32D9E38-79A9-4E49-93E5-F24BA5BD611B.jpeg
    E32D9E38-79A9-4E49-93E5-F24BA5BD611B.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Ok here is something that should occupy the 1,000 Eyes for the next few weeks.

Ford entered an EAP with Brainchip for ADAS and AV in May, 2020.

In late August, 2020 Ford filed the following patent:

Everyone here has read about Neuralink and a host of other research relating to brain machine interface and every single one requires the ability to recognise the signals produced by the brain and or muscles of the body. In fact we have had a constant flow of could this be AKIDA due to the fact that spiking neural networks seem to be what is required to process these signals coming from the brain in an efficient manner for robotics and artificial limbs.

We know that Ford did not want to be disclosed but the ASX forced Brainchip's hand on this issue. We know that Ford is often spoken of in hushed tones by Brainchip or not at all but Ford continues in the background to be an EAP.

The above patent is so revolutionary in regards to autonomous vehicle management it would certainly provide a basis for the type of security around what Brainchip and Ford are doing so I will leave it to you to decide but what other company could be providing the necessary technology for this purpose that currently and in 2020 was engaged with Ford?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Never noticed this before but Cerence's video demonstrating its co-pilate technology shows not just MERCEDES but other brands namely:

BMW
VOLVO
and AUDI

🚗 💕

"Designed with the car of the future in mind, Cerence Co-Pilot runs directly on a vehicle’s headunit, with advanced AI deeply integrated with car sensors and data to understand complex situations both inside the vehicle and around it. Serving as the central brain of the car, it analyzes a combination of voice, gaze, gesture, and touch input and information from the car’s sensors while flexibly and securely integrating edge technologies with cloud services to make driving more intuitive, connected, and enjoyable."

MBUX am.png

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users
This one is of great interest given the recent research that Brainchip is undertaking with the US Airforce regarding radar:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

OK. There's one more to add to the list:

• Mercedes
  • Volvo
  • BMW
  • Audi
  • Volkswagen

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 12.21.51 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Bravo

This too...

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 1.21.34 pm.png

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom