BRN Discussion Ongoing

The following is interesting if for no other reason than it shows how the mainstream is warming to the need to embrace the Edge:

Mirabilis is attempting to build a business based on assisting companies to design in the optimum level of Ai Edge acceleration into their own edge hardware.

Something to explore is whether they have a tie up with Renesas or MegaChips?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well that was easy Mirabilis and Renesas are connected:

Who knows were this is all leading but I doubt it is down a dark ally and into an abandoned warehouse. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Xray1

Regular
I thought it was significant hearing from LDN still being highly optimistic on a company he has resigned from. I actually think LDN still holding his shares trough the recent bull run is one of the most bullish signals we have had of late;)

Cheers Louis, wish you all the best and there will always be a spear seat on the Bus for you;) and welcome onboard Mr. Viana!
Just reminder that LDN is still on the company books till the 15/03/2022 so he still has 2 weeks to go before he finishes up ...............IMO, if LDN's medical siyuation has somewhat resolved for the better then maybe the Co might give him a consultants role or even maybe a non executive directors role that has now become vacant with Mr V's appointment as the new chairperson !!!!

Reactions: 26 users
I

Ilovepie

Is it very funny. An announcement comes out and the share price goes up. The very next day it goes down. It's always the same. Why does this happen ? Has it something to do with shorters ?

I try to read every post. I also try to correspond with the company and a recurring theme is the desire for the large institutional investors to recognise and invest in Brainchip.

When an ordinary retail investor goes onto their trading platform and buys a BRNASX share the money from the purchase of that share goes to the owner of that share and as a rule this is not Brainchip unless it just happens to have coincided with an LDA Capital draw down event.

Normally the share being bought will have been owned by another retail investor or an institutional investor engaged in shorting or trading.

When the large institutional investors operating out of Germany have been accumulating they have been buying shares that have come from ordinary retail shareholders.
None of the institutions money goes to Brainchip either.

While the rules of supply and demand operate in my favour if institutional investors recognise the wealth creation machine that BRNASX will be the idea that ordinary retail are handing over their golden tickets is a source of disappointment.

If ordinary retail refuse to sell except as part of their previously put in place investment plan then the institutions that have already recognised Brainchip’s potential would be forced to pay larger prices to take up a position.

On any rational analysis of the present market selling by retail makes absolutely no sense.

Just look at what war has done to Russia. Their stock market has crashed and their currency is inflating rapidly loosing value. Having cash in Russia at the moment is a very poor investment choice.

Brainchip’s present share price like the majority of the ASX is similarly though less dramatically affected.

Anyone selling that is not selling because of a previously developed thought out investment plan is in my opinion selling irrationally.

If retail are rational the already in place institutional investor interest will provide more than enough demand to force up the price over time.

If interest from more institutions is required to do this it will be because retail are happy to give away their once in a life time opportunity to redeem their golden tickets when the full potential of Brainchip has been revealed.

My opinion only DYOR and HAVE a PLAN.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Cyw

Regular
Is it very funny. An announcement comes out and the share price goes up. The very next day it goes down. It's always the same. Why does this happen ? Has it something to do with shorters ?
The market is made up of buyers and sellers. When more people want to buy than the people who wants to sell, the price goes up.

When a positive announcement is made, lots of people want in and the price goes up with very high volume. Whoever wanted the stock got it already and many made good profits. In the next few days, if there are no more positive announcements, there is no more reason for people rushing in to buy and people sitting on good profits will sell to lock in profits.

As some has mentioned here before that Brainchip is not yet on the radar of many large Aussie institutions so the buying from retail investors dries up pretty quickly.

Until BRN starts to make profits and pay dividends, this type of trading pattern is going to dominate.

The big problem with short term trading BRN is that you don't know when the next big announcement will be out and there are so many good things that can happen any day now.

• Fire
Reactions: 29 users
I

Ilovepie

The market is made up of buyers and sellers. When more people want to buy than the people who wants to sell, the price goes up.

When a positive announcement is made, lots of people want in and the price goes up with very high volume. Whoever wanted the stock got it already and many made good profits. In the next few days, if there are no more positive announcements, there is no more reason for people rushing in to buy and people sitting on good profits will sell to lock in profits.

As some has mentioned here before that Brainchip is not yet on the radar of many large Aussie institutions so the buying from retail investors dries up pretty quickly.

Until BRN starts to make profits and pay dividends, this type of trading pattern is going to dominate.

The big problem with short term trading BRN is that you don't know when the next big announcement will be out and there are so many good things that can happen any day now.
Thank you very much. Now is understand it. Thank you so much!

Reactions: 2 users

davidfitz

Regular
US Markets closed at AUD$1.32 or USD$0.96c

Close ASX yesterday @$1.27 pre-market higher currently.
Expecting SP to at least hold or increase due to downtrend in "shorting" interest. Could be a nice green day hopefully.

Yak52
Interesting morning so far with low volume and nervous nellies few and far between. It's looking like holders are starting to appreciate what they have and won't be fooled into selling.

On another note congrats on the Oscar nom.

A yak at the Oscars​

Reactions: 7 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Interesting morning so far with low volume and nervous nellies few and far between. It's looking like holders are starting to appreciate what they have and won't be fooled into selling.

On another note congrats on the Oscar nom.

A yak at the Oscars​

Good one David,i will send the link to two of my friends from Bhutan one now in Tokyo and the other in Perth,Jigme and Karma 😊 they will like to hear of the Oscar nom if they havnt already 👏

Reactions: 5 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
that's what a robot would say.
But only one that had latency one based on an AKIDA platform would have responded in real time.

So which one am I???

Rob Telson has said AKD1000 can process all five senses but has never mentioned it can process the sense of humour.

Perhaps Peter van der Made has more than just a working cortical column on the bench. Perhaps AKD88000 already exists LOL

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
But only one that had latency one based on an AKIDA platform would have responded in real time.

So which one am I???

Rob Telson has said AKD1000 can process all five senses but has never mentioned it can process the sense of humour.

Perhaps Peter van der Made has more than just a working cortical column on the bench. Perhaps AKD88000 already exists LOL

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
sci-fi signs GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Hi all,

I’m a fan of our agreement with Valeo and try and keep an eye on what they’re doing. I can’t recall reading this before.

CP Move Up VUK (valeo.com)

Here’s a couple of exciting excerpts:

“Thermal management is essential for ensuring that electric vehicles perform effectively, and in particular for providing end consumers with ultra-fast battery charging as well as stable range in all weather conditions.”

“The Group now has extensive expertise in ADAS, enabling it to produce ever more efficient solutions at optimal cost. Valeohas sold more than 1.5 billion ADAS sensors over the past 30 years and plans to sell more than 3 billion sensors over the next 5 years.”

“The Group has the hardware and software needed to meet passenger demands for a safer, more immersive and more connected driving experience.”

“Valeo's sales should therefore total around 27.5 billion euros in 2025, including around 24 billion euros in original equipment sales.”

This link is very exciting: VALEO STRATEGIC & FINANCIAL OUTLOOK 2022-2025
I started cutting and pasting items of interest but it is all gold!
01_Bab_MoveUp_2402_print_light (valeo.com)
1646183187678.png

1646183187750.png

1646183187829.png

1646183187914.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users
Hi all,

I’m a fan of our agreement with Valeo and try and keep an eye on what they’re doing. I can’t recall reading this before.

“Thermal management is essential for ensuring that electric vehicles perform effectively, and in particular for providing end consumers with ultra-fast battery charging as well as stable range in all weather conditions.”

“The Group now has extensive expertise in ADAS, enabling it to produce ever more efficient solutions at optimal cost. Valeohas sold more than 1.5 billion ADAS sensors over the past 30 years and plans to sell more than 3 billion sensors over the next 5 years.”

“The Group has the hardware and software needed to meet passenger demands for a safer, more immersive and more connected driving experience.”

“Valeo's sales should therefore total around 27.5 billion euros in 2025, including around 24 billion euros in original equipment sales.”

View attachment 2044

View attachment 2046

View attachment 2045

View attachment 2047
I seem to recall Ford, Daimler & Tata being mentioned. Could be something in this.LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 17 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hi all,

View attachment 2044

View attachment 2046

View attachment 2045

View attachment 2047

Key customers include Ford, which may be why we haven't heard much from BRN directly re: Ford.

Reactions: 28 users

MADX

Regular

I believe that basically what you said is correct and would like to add something I have learned. Ever present is the possibility of "market manipulation" that can explain fluctuations that appear to be illogical. Since becoming aware of it I generally invest with a 3 to 5-year outlook, keep an eye out for important developments along the way that may change the reason I bought, and ride out the bumps along the way.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Not sure if this Article on BRN has been posted before Apologies if it has, Definitely positive read...........

It’s raining patents for this ASX listed AI company! A 2X rally in 2022​

February 11, 2022 05:26 PM AEDT

Be the First to Comment

More on: BrainChip Holdings Ltd

MOST READ​

Sponsored

Enprise Limited (NZX:ENS) posts excellent growth in revenue during half-year FY2022​

Stock Market

WPL, NHC, KAR: 3 ASX energy shares hitting 52-week highs this week​

Market Updates

US indices retreat as Russia bombs Ukraine; TGT, ACI stocks rally​

It’s raining patents for this ASX listed AI company! A 2X rally in 2022
Image source: Joyseulay, Shutterstock.com
If there is one technology which has the potential to revolutionise the world, it is Artificial Intelligence (AI). From being glamourised in movies as some fictional technology, AI has become a potent reality in a short span of time.
arrow-animation.gif
Are You Looking for Compelling Stock Ideas from Diverse Sectors? Get Access to Kalkine's Investor/Resource Reports on a 7 days’ Free Trial.
It is not just a standalone technology, rather it can also be combined with other emerging technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Big data, robotics, etc.
AI can play a huge role in many industries such as enhancing patients’ diagnostics in the healthcare industry or improving network strength when utilised with cybersecurity. Growth-oriented investors are keeping a close tab on these tech companies in their quest to capitalise on future technologies. One such company that is gearing up for the future and has made strides in the field of AI is BrainChip Limited (ASX:BRN).

What is BrainChip into?

BrainChip Holdings is one of Australia’s leading technology firms and is specifically into delivering artificial intelligence applications. The company develops software and hardware accelerated solutions for AI and machine learning (ML) applications.
1644560831_620601bf99d08_mceclip0.png

Image Source: © Yur4you | Megapixl.com
The company has developed its propitiatory ultra low-powered AkidaTM Neuromorphic Processor that gives an edge for olfactory, auditory, vision, somatosensory and gustatory applications. Its product line-up also includes MetaTF Development Environment, which is a machine learning framework used for the creation, training, and testing of neural networks.

2x Rally in 2022!

BRN shares have started 2022 with a bang. The blistering pace of BrainChip’s share is what every technology investor on the street is talking about. The stock’s 15.44% rally on the first trading session of 2022 was just one of the surprises that stock had in store for investors. The company’s shares have rallied over a massive 105.7% this year, to the last closing price of AU$1.62 on 11 December 2022, as of 2:20 PM AEDT.
Daily chart of BRN shares with 50 SMA and volume chart at the bottom

Image Source: Refinitiv
More interestingly, the increased trading volume (as indicated on the chart above) during the rally depicted that there has been a market-wide participation as investors kept bidding the price higher during the rally. The price surge also led BRN to hit a new lifetime high of AU$2.34 on 19 January 2022.
Being a tech company, BRN stock was also subjected to its fair share of selling amid tech rout during last month. However, the stock is still trading above its 50-day simple moving average, indicating bulls are still in control.

Behind the scenes of BRN stock’s 2x rally

There has been a series of developments in the company, each working as a catalyst for the rally. Here’s a quick glance of what has fuelled the vertical run-up.
  • Appointment of a new executive director – 4 January 2022
On 4 January, the company announced that it had appointed Pia Turcinov as a non-executive director, effective from the same day. With more than 30 years of experience across industries, she is now helping BrainChip, leverage her vast experience and extensive knowledge.
  • Submitted capital call notice – 14 January 2022
In its quest to raise capital, the company has submitted capital call notice to LDA Capital Limited and LDA Capital LLC, asking both investors to subscribe to 15 million shares. The available funding under the notice is AU$50.3 million and the management is committed to drawing a minimum of AU$35.3 million by the end of 2023.
  • US Patent granted – 19 January 2022
BrainChip shareholders were given another reason to smile when the company was granted a US patent for event-based classification of features in a reconfigurable and temporally coded convolutional spiking neural network. This is the 8th patent secured by the company since 2008. Triggered by this development, BRN shares rocketed to hit a lifetime high of AU$2.34 the same day.
  • Satisfactory December 2021 quarter results – 27 January 2022
During the quarter, the company was granted three patents, the highest ever in a quarter for the company. It also received the first batch of the Akida AKD1000 neuromorphic processor chips from Socionext America as it began volume production. However, the spotlight was on the receipts from customers which surged 11x to US$1.1 million, from a mere US$0.1 million in the previous quarter.
  • Another patent approval – 2 February 2022
It has been raining patents for BrainChip. The company secured another US patent for “Method and a System for creating dynamic neural function libraries.” What’s more, the company still has a total of 21 patent applications pending to be approved in Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan among other few countries.
  • BrainChip shares approved by DTC in the US – 3 February 2022
BrainChip shares are also being traded in the over-the-counter (OTC) market in the US. The company’s shares are now approved by The Depository Trust Company (largest depository in the world), making it possible to settle trades electronically in the US among brokers/dealer and transfer agents.

• Fire
Reactions: 51 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So he was a cofounder of GrAi Matter labs & Phrophessee but has nothing to do with them anymore, instead he’s working on Event-Based Neuromorphic Silicon Retina ATIS and several other neuromorphic AI related platforms, and was involved with the neuromorphic event based camera which is now running on the ISS!
Hi Jesse,

As you say, Prof Benosman's patents have been mainly related to vision sensors, in particular event-based cameras (DVS), mainly directed towards vision prosthetics.

https://embeddedvisionsummit.com/20...nRg&utm_content=205395005&utm_source=hs_email
Mainstream image sensors and processors acquire and process visual information as a series of snapshots recorded at a fixed frame rate, resulting in limited temporal resolution, low dynamic range and a high degree of redundancy in data and computation. Nature suggests a different approach: Biological vision systems are driven and controlled by events within the scene in view, and not – like conventional techniques – by artificially created timing and control signals that have no relation to the source of the visual information.

The term “neuromorphic” refers to systems that mimic biological processes. In this talk, Professor Benosman — a pioneer of neuromorphic sensing and computing — will introduce the fundamentals of bio-inspired, event-based image sensing and processing approaches, and explore their strengths and weaknesses. He will show that bio-inspired vision systems have the potential to outperform conventional, frame-based systems and to enable new capabilities in terms of data compression, dynamic range, temporal resolution and power efficiency in applications such as 3D vision, object tracking, motor control and visual feedback loops

US10440296B2 Method for processing an asynchronous signal

1646184164489.png

Disclosed is a method for processing an asynchronous signal produced by a light sensor, the sensor having a pixel matrix disposed opposite a scene, the method including: receiving from the light sensor the asynchronous signal including, for each pixel of the matrix, successive events from the pixel; analysing the asynchronous signal using activity profiles as events are received in the asynchronous signal. The activity profile includes at least, for each pixel of the sensor, an activity value that decreases as a function of the time that has passed since the most recent event among the successive events from the pixel.

As with many academic researchers, it appears that news of Akida has not filtered through to the professor.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Jesse,

As you say, Prof Benosman's patents have been mainly related to vision sensors, in particular event-based cameras (DVS), mainly directed towards vision prosthetics.

https://embeddedvisionsummit.com/20...nRg&utm_content=205395005&utm_source=hs_email
Mainstream image sensors and processors acquire and process visual information as a series of snapshots recorded at a fixed frame rate, resulting in limited temporal resolution, low dynamic range and a high degree of redundancy in data and computation. Nature suggests a different approach: Biological vision systems are driven and controlled by events within the scene in view, and not – like conventional techniques – by artificially created timing and control signals that have no relation to the source of the visual information.

The term “neuromorphic” refers to systems that mimic biological processes. In this talk, Professor Benosman — a pioneer of neuromorphic sensing and computing — will introduce the fundamentals of bio-inspired, event-based image sensing and processing approaches, and explore their strengths and weaknesses. He will show that bio-inspired vision systems have the potential to outperform conventional, frame-based systems and to enable new capabilities in terms of data compression, dynamic range, temporal resolution and power efficiency in applications such as 3D vision, object tracking, motor control and visual feedback loops

US10440296B2 Method for processing an asynchronous signal

View attachment 2048

Disclosed is a method for processing an asynchronous signal produced by a light sensor, the sensor having a pixel matrix disposed opposite a scene, the method including: receiving from the light sensor the asynchronous signal including, for each pixel of the matrix, successive events from the pixel; analysing the asynchronous signal using activity profiles as events are received in the asynchronous signal. The activity profile includes at least, for each pixel of the sensor, an activity value that decreases as a function of the time that has passed since the most recent event among the successive events from the pixel.

As with many academic researchers, it appears that news of Akida has not filtered through to the professor.
Pretty sure Akida is not included in CASPR

It uses Prophesee DVS (see link at bottom of: https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/smallsat/2021/all2021/241/ ) which probably derive from Prof Benosman's research:

1646185711492.png

The hardware/software runs CNN:
1646185843389.png

https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5115&context=smallsat
Both CSP and SSP feature complete hardware/software stacks for FPGA-based dynamic partial reconfiguration (PR) and Camera Link frame grabber (CLFG) for the iSIM-90, as shown in Figure 14. The PR stack enables a subset of the FPGA to be reconfigured dynamically at runtime, allowing for new FPGA designs (e.g., accelerators, soft-core processors, and other IP cores) to be deployed for evaluation on CASPR. This stack includes a large PR region in the FPGA with multiple clock and reset signals and AXI interfaces, allowing AXI-compliant IP cores to be interfaced as PR modules. When a partial reconfiguration module is programmed, the corresponding Linux drivers can be loaded for use by userspace applications and libraries. One example is the Xilinx Deep-Learning Processing Unit, a general-purpose convolutional neural-network (CNN) accelerator, for processing ML/CV apps.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Thanks for posting that. Deep rabbit hole there, more like a warren with so many possiblities as their market list is right up our alley.

With our known links to Nasa and Leidos is heavily contracted with them they would have to be looking at Brainchip.

Here’s a video off their website but there is way too much to try and summarise the many potentials. Probably better off taking a look at the website yourself. Their website is Leidos.com

Reactions: 2 users
On the attachment to your post , I expanded it a noticed on the upper left hand side is BRN .

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom