BRN Discussion Ongoing

davidfitz

Regular
The LDA capital call notice was settled on the 18th FEB with the company receiving A$22,397,636.00
That's good to know as I cannot remember seeing that info anywhere.

Slightly confused as I read the following -

"The second pricing period will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period – and is intended to price all remaining shares with an ending date of 25 February 2022."

Either way it is a good result for the company.

Reactions: 9 users

marsch85

Regular
That's good to know as I cannot remember seeing that info anywhere.

Slightly confused as I read the following -

"The second pricing period will be 91.5% of the higher of the average daily VWAP of shares over the pricing period – and is intended to price all remaining shares with an ending date of 25 February 2022."

Either way it is a good result for the company.
The half yearly mentioned that it was settled on Feb 18th :)

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
The half yearly mentioned that it was settled on Feb 18th :)
Yes that is correct and it makes sense that it settled early.

LDA Capital receive a fixed percentage of the sale price. The higher the price they achieve the bigger the payment they receive in dollar terms.

To achieve $1.65 approx gross per share LDA Capital engaged in some very sensible trades in my opinion and everyone is a winner.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs
There was something in the air that night
Hope you don't mind Slade however, in a moment or two when I take my IPA, I'll go with Thunderclap's, "Call out the instigators, because there's something in the air. We've got to get together sooner or later, because the revolution's here, and you know it's right..."

Cheers. 🍺

Reactions: 6 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Nice comment from LDN and Liked by Rob T.

Attachments

• 2EBBE643-636C-40D1-8FEE-A9661D046D9B.png
    2EBBE643-636C-40D1-8FEE-A9661D046D9B.png
    995.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
New Article on Artificial intelligence and BRN.......

The AI tech that's "truly revolutionary"

Patrick Poke
PATRICK
POKE

Livewire Markets
FOLLOW
CONTACT
Every once in a while, a stock comes along that truly captures the attention of retail investors. Whether it’s lithium mining, baby formula, or ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’, these stocks all have a few things in common. A huge addressable market, a revolutionary product or technology, and financial metrics that make institutional investors extremely sceptical.
Not all these stocks end up being world-beaters. But one ‘Afterpay’ can make up for a few ‘Blackmores’.
For the final entry in our reporting season coverage, I speak to Marc Kennis from Pitt Street Research about a stock with a “truly revolutionary” technology in the Artificial Intelligence sector that’s just started earning licencing fees from its product. And it was one of Livewire readers’ most-tipped small caps in our annual reader survey.
He tells us why he likes the stock, where his current valuation stands, and what it would take to move that valuation higher.

What were some of the and key points from the report that BrainChip recently published?

There was really just one, because mostly the annual report backward-looking if you're just talking about numbers. The interesting thing for me was that out of the $1.6 million in revenues, half of that was from licencing income. That's the first time that they're reporting licencing revenue, so that's a good start.
But really the interesting thing about BrainChip in the long term is the royalty revenues that will start to kick in once their technology goes into commercial production. So that's what we're looking for and that's still a year out, at least. I think that's what you want to see tick up over time.

So this was the first report that they achieved any kind of revenue?

They had some revenues before, but it was all these smaller demo packages of Akida. The first step is licence income from licences, and then the next step is royalties once customers have embedded their technology into their own products. They only had very small revenues before, this is the first time we're seeing these licencing revenues come through in a big way.

What was the market's reaction to the result? Was it in line with what you'd expect, considering what was in there?

Well, not really. If you look at what happened last week, the events in Ukraine were dominating the market. The share price response was in January. Initially, they announced the MegaChips deal late last year, and then you had the announcement by Mercedes itself that they're using Akida in their EQXX concept electric vehicle. Which is hopefully, a sign of good things to come later as the technology gets implemented in commercial production cars. That was when the share price started to spike.
There was a lot of noise in the market last week, so I don't think we really saw a response in the market from this particular announcement. Usually, with these early-stage tech companies, it's about the announcement of an actual deal, same with BrainChip. That's when the share price moves. When you're still early-stage, news of revenues is not really what moves the share price. Unless it's a huge surprise, but you hardly ever see that.

Based on what you are seeing now, would you buy, hold, or sell BrainChip?

When the stock was in the five to 10 cent range, we said 45 cents was realistic in our reports at Pitt Street Research. We got there. Then we upgraded the price target to $1.50, which we've reached.
In the broad technology selldown we’re seeing at the moment, BrainChip has come down as well. So, I think it's around $1.25 at the moment. We definitely see upside to about $1.50, and I suspect we'll need additional commercial announcements for the share price to go higher than that.
It's the same thing we've seen with Weebit Nano – you need announcements. You get a spike, the market gets carried away, and then the big selldowns from people that have been in early. That’s the way these early-stage tech companies trade on the market.

What are your expectations and outlook for the company, but also for the AI industry that BrainChip operates in more broadly?

I'm very bullish on this one, because if you dig into the technology, it's truly revolutionary. What BrainChip have achieved in hardware, so far, other companies have only achieved that in software. That means if you're software-based, the parameters are set by the person or team that programs the algorithm. If you're looking at software-based AI, it's all down to what are you trying to achieve with that particular algorithm, and the imagination of the coder.
What BrainChip is doing is creating an environment where the chip can learn for itself. It can pick up trends and patterns that whoever would've programmed something like this would never have thought of. So it's truly revolutionary. A very dynamic type of technology.
You can implement it in all sorts of Edge applications already. But I think the application range is probably much broader than that.
We called the report back in August, "Welcome to the Revolution," because I think that's what they have, and I think down the line, they'll have a whole host of licences, and with the revenue stream to accompany that at some stage. I'm pretty bullish on BrainChip.

Are there any other points that you want to make about the company?

Stocks like BrainChip are not always well understood by the market. You see a lot of commentary out there that doesn't really bear any sort of proper relationship with what we're trying to achieve.
I think over time, the Australian market, especially the institutional investors (instos) – initially the small cap instos, and then as the company grows, larger cap instos - will need to get their heads around this technology. That's really the interesting part, and I think that's where the opportunity is for BrainChip.
The logical place for a stock like this is to be traded in the US or Europe. As we've seen with other companies – Afterpay is a good example – people are trying to get their heads around this sort of technology. Then you see overseas companies who are interested in the technology, and in the case of Afterpay, there was an acquisition.
I think there's a good chance that BrainChip will be acquired at some point.
But until that happens, as the company grows in market cap, these instos in Australia will need to get their heads around the technology. And that's really where the opportunity is for BrainChip, as well as the challenge.
I think a lot of insto. investors still consider BrainChip as speculative and not really serious, and I'll think they'll be proven wrong at some point.

The technology is proven, they've got the commercial deals to back that up, and there will be more to come, I suspect. That growth will be very interesting to watch in the next couple of years.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 106 users

Build-it

Regular
Very happy to be on the BrainChip bus with Mr Hehir as the driver and Mr Viana as the navigator. To the far edge and beyond.

Its great to be a shareholder.
Hi Learning,
Totally agree, as Rob often says I'm excited ! as for who sits where FF would imo have to be the narrator and of course spokesman for shareholders. Wealth creation I believe you call it.
Edge compute.
Screenshot_20220226-131546_Video Player.jpg

• Fire
Nice comment from LDN and Liked by Rob T.
Thank you for sharing this when someone of his indepth knowledge of this company called Brainchip who holds 11 million shares makes this type of unsolicited public comment it has to be considered a valuable piece of information by shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR and have a bright future everyone.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Hope you don't mind Slade however, in a moment or two when I take my IPA, I'll go with Thunderclap's, "Call out the instigators, because there's something in the air. We've got to get together sooner or later, because the revolution's here, and you know it's right..."

Cheers. 🍺
👏👏 👏👏 😊

Reactions: 3 users

Jefwilto

Regular
Reactions: 2 users
Billion $$$ **** I meant 🤦‍♂️🤓👍
Thanks for posting that. Deep rabbit hole there, more like a warren with so many possiblities as their market list is right up our alley.

With our known links to Nasa and Leidos is heavily contracted with them they would have to be looking at Brainchip.

Here’s a video off their website but there is way too much to try and summarise the many potentials. Probably better off taking a look at the website yourself. Their website is Leidos.com

Attachments

• 99868EC7-740C-4E26-A8F6-39B624C884B4.jpeg
    99868EC7-740C-4E26-A8F6-39B624C884B4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: 14 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
I’m a little surprised that there has been zero comment on the podcast released overnight?

Are we unimpressed?

Or am I looking at the wrong thread?!

Reactions: 3 users

Mt09

Regular
I’m a little surprised that there has been zero comment on the podcast released overnight?

Are we unimpressed?

Or am I looking at the wrong thread?!
We need a podcast with a Mercedes engineer 😎

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Thank you for sharing this when someone of his indepth knowledge of this company called Brainchip who holds 11 million shares makes this type of unsolicited public comment it has to be considered a valuable piece of information by shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR and have a bright future everyone.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I thought it was significant hearing from LDN still being highly optimistic on a company he has resigned from. I actually think LDN still holding his shares trough the recent bull run is one of the most bullish signals we have had of late;)

Cheers Louis, wish you all the best and there will always be a spear seat on the Bus for you;) and welcome onboard Mr. Viana!

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Diogenese

Top 20
A lot of Leidos' business derives from software.

In all the excitement, we've kinda forgotten about BrainChip Studio:

https://www.electropages.com/2018/0...-software-adds-api-easier-systems-integration

9-04-2018 | BrainChip Studio | Design Applications

BrainChip Holdings Ltd has released an upgraded release of BrainChip Studio, version 2018.1. The product is an AI-powered video analysis software suite performing high-speed object search and facial classification for counter terrorism, law enforcement and intelligence agencies. New features make it simpler to find objects from a mixture of camera views, enable large-scale Linux deployments, and add an API that simplifies integration with other applications.

... except that someone did mention it the other day.

While an updated version of Studio with the improvements of Akida 1000 production version would use more power than the SoC and run a bit slower, there would be many applications for mains powered/plug-in computer installations while still providing the recognition capabilities and 1-shot learning of Akida 1000 - the supermarket check-out type applications where it would be possible to run the 4-bitactivations/weights because power and speed are not at a premium.

Software licensing can provide a steady income stream.

As I mentioned a week or so ago, when the Akida SoC business is firmly established and the software engineering development team (France/India) are less pressured, in my opinion there is the possibility of reviving Studio. My opinion is not based on any knowledge of the comapny's future plans.

• Fire
  • Love

hamilton66

Regular
Hi H
Clearly if the US wanted what Ukraine has badly enough they would be there but they are not. None of the resources you have nominated are rare and unavailable elsewhere.

Taiwan has TSMC. It is unique and the US needs them at the moment and up until they have replaced them or have them producing what they need outside Taiwan and China’s sphere of influence.

It all seems pretty simple really. Until the US interest is directly affected they are not going to become directly involved.

It is only my opinion but it gets support from the fact that the US has said it will not put troops on the ground in the Ukraine. It also limited the military weapons it supplied to Ukraine however it has been far more generous in that regard with Taiwan.

In 2019 the value of exports from the Ukraine to the US was less than 1 billion US dollars.

The latest value of exports from Taiwan to the US was over 50 billion US dollars.

FF
Couldn't find an appropriate message to reply to, so yours is as good as any. Vlad has pissed off the Russian people, the oligarchs, and the Russian mafia. In a heartbeat, he's completely trashed their economy. If I were him, I'd be be very careful about where I go, who I associate with, and what I eat. Watch this space.
GLTA

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Wags

Regular
Couldn't find an appropriate message to reply to, so yours is as good as any. Vlad has pissed off the Russian people, the oligarchs, and the Russian mafia. In a heartbeat, he's completely trashed their economy. If I were him, I'd be be very careful about where I go, who I associate with, and what I eat. Watch this space.
GLTA
H
We can only hope, the sooner the better in my view.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Antonio J. Viana appointed as Chairman of the Board.

Ex ARM President and currently a Director of Brainchip.

yak52
We truly are building a world class team. All of the recent appointments have decades of experience, proven track records and vast networks of industry contacts. But more importantly all seem to be dynamic individuals who are hungry to drive this aggressively to market in order to capitalise on our technology's competitive lead. The quality of these individuals and the fact they have chosen to be a part of the Brainchip story speaks volumes about our tech. There is no doubt in my mind we are onboard a rocket here.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Easytiger

Regular
Just wanted to say first off, the amount of quality posts based off research is excellent, whether you be a long term holder or relatively new in discovering our great developing company, there's certainly a treasure trove of good. solid, positive information, but as FF and others have mentioned, if you disagree with something, it's equally important to state why, and back it up with fact, rather than being just emotional, healthy debate is just that, healthy.

As Peter has mentioned, he expects "explosive sales"...he obviously is privy to certain information, I believe that he also mentioned that revenue was expected to ramp up in the second-half of 2022...so why am I mentioning this, well, were we ever worth 3.9 Billion AUD...the clear answer in my opinion was absolutely NOT, YET.

On viewing our recent revenue of 1.1 Million USD (approx) you can clearly see why dozens of Institutions who are dealing with the company just can't get their heads around how the stock price could be so high..i.e. $2.00 plus.

Now we all know that many companies listed on the Nasdaq have, shall we say, over inflated stock prices, with many showing Zero revenue, so the argument if you like is the forward revenue predictions, meaning if we are to believe the founder with regards "explosive sales", I'd suggest that the longer the Institutions keep throwing up negatives about our stock price, well, they may well find themselves regretting stalling in trying to get in at a cheaper entry point.

If the analysts can't understand the technology, which I believe is the common problem, as with many engineers, who are hell bent on going down the deep learning path, trying everything possible to process data faster, the writing is on the wall, and has been for a number of years.

Von Neuman architecture is dying of a slow, but sure death, visionaries like Peter and a few other Neuroscientists are clearly heading in the right direction, will Brainchip's technology be leap frogged by a new futuristic technology in a few years, a black project maybe, who knows, I sure don't...never say never in the technology space, but for now, we, Brainchip are clear leaders, are working extremely hard to extend our lead over current and future rivals, that's all that can be controlled.

I have decided to share this photo, it was taken when I visited the Brainchip Headquarters in Perth, the board I am holding had the AKD 1000 engineering sample, the chap on the left, is not only brilliant, he's a great bloke, someone I consider a friend.

Every time you moan to yourself about how our share price has fallen a bit, just remember how hard Peter, Adam, Anup & Tony here in Perth are working in conjunction with Anil, Kris, Sean, Rob & Ken, just to mention a few, who's goal it is to make sure Brainchip succeeds....always be respectful, because as I say, without Peter Van publicly listing Brainchip in the first place, we would never have been given this amazing ticket to ride the Brainchip express to the heavens and beyond.

God Bless the Founder.....Tech x

View attachment 1908
Well said Tech 💜

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom