BRN Discussion Ongoing

Not sure if this had been posted before. Apologies if it has.

What is the Real Promise of Artificial Intelligence? | Semico Research.

Where Does BrainChip Enter the Picture?​

Figure 2 shows some current results of running the BrainChip Akida Neuromorphic processing architecture for various workloads using 1-4-bits for weight quantization’s compared to other architectures running 8-bit quantization’s for the same workloads.

https://semico.com/content/what-real-promise-artificial-intelligence

Regards

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users
I like to think it out this way. When the price got to $2 plus, did i sell? No. Why? Because I believe the long term gains will be far higher.
So if the price was $2 plus now would I sell? No. So what I had when the the price was $2 plus is precisely what I have now. A portfolio of BRN shares that will change my life in the future. Exactly nothing has changed except my stress levels.
Exactly.

I view it the same way but as I primarily invest in real estate I would put it this way:

Brainchip is like my principle place of residence. It is irrelevant what it is worth day to day because I live here and do not intend to sell in the foreseeable future;

My other share holdings are investment properties where I have no immediate plans to sell but if someone offers me an attractive price it’s theirs and I will look for another bargain.

Every person who owns or is paying off their home knows that the day to day value is nice to know just in case but otherwise as they have to live somewhere if they like where they live day to day it means absolutely nothing.

In Sydney we average around 70% home ownership and 30% rental properties.

So to the vast majority of Sydney residents the feel good, feel bad of upward or downward housing price moves means nothing in a practical sense. If prices are down 10 or 20 percent or up 10 or 20 percent they will not be selling because that was not the plan and they have to live somewhere.

The thing they do know however is if the real estate market is down and they have to sell then they will be buying in the same market where everything else will be down.

They also should know that if they sell in a boom market with the intention of buying in the same market everything else will be up.

The same applies to the share market we find ourselves in where basically everything is down so if you sold even at a loss you would likely be able to buy a comparable technology share of your choosing with equal or better prospects for future growth.

The only reason logically a disgruntled Brainchip shareholder would not sell and do this regardless of market conditions is if they believe like the guy who owns a Sydney waterfront property who is down a couple of million from its highs that it just does not get any better than this and the future prospects for gain on the waterfront property or Brainchip is unequalled in their respective markets.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Figure 2 shows some current results of running the BrainChip Akida Neuromorphic processing architecture for various workloads using 1-4-bits for weight quantization’s compared to other architectures running 8-bit quantization’s for the same workloads.

Regards
Hi @Meetupsoon
I certainly have not seen this full article before but some parts are familiar.

It is a great find generously shared by you and rates as a must read.

It certainly justifies equating Brainchip with Sydney Harbour waterfront property as an investment.😂🤣😂😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Braintonic

Regular
Just finished watching the Netflix series "Eat the Rich" the Gamestop Saga.
Fascinating watch and some reality of what even BRN are up against and us as the retail investors.
Makes me more angry at these hedge funds and short selling.
May the next short squeeze be just around the corner.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
I just found this interesting article. It is a great read if not a little worrying for anyone with a pacemaker.

Why I decided to post it is actually quite simple:

1. AKIDA 1.0 fabricated in 28nm is in this larger form still a World beater and streets ahead of Loihi 2.

2. Loihi 2. Is fabricated in 7nm and there is a suggestion of going lower or smaller again.

3. Qualcomm & Samsung are both trying to go as tiny as possible with Snapdragon currently down to 5nm I believe.

4. Even at these tiny fabrication levels AKIDA 1.0 trounces them in the performance and energy consumption stakes.

5.https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/10/221025201137.htm

Taking these facts together adds another layer of AKIDA technology advantage:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love

Violin1

Regular
Just musing a little after reading the "hold, hold, hold" strategy of people over the past few days of posts. In the last Annual Report holders of 10,000 shares or more had 94% of SOI. Those who held 100,000 or more held 77% and the top 20 (lowest in the order of 5-6m) held 43%. The latest top 20 had over 45%.

Since the 4c there have been trades of about 155m or 9% of SOI. Reported shorts are about 118m. I'm hoping those Directors and management in our company who own lots of shares don't let them out to Shorters.

Now remember, I'm musing, not doing great analysis but just looking at these figures sort of confirms that much of that 9% trade has been instos buying and selling to themselves. And we've seen some increase in shorts at the same time. All market manipulation as we constantly comment and complain. Shorts borrowed from both the instos in top 20 and superfunds? Do many of the big superfunds own many, because I'd assume there are not a huge number of BRN super holdings in the self-choice category, given past discussion on how to do this - so do many superfunds actually hold much BRN in their overall pool? Maybe when we hit ASX200 but only what they might be required to. My assumption is that most BRN in superfunds is SMSF and that they are not lending to Shorters.

So what happens when an announcement drops? We all like to think about burning shorts but I reckon they've done pretty nicely out of our company over the last two years. Do we think that they'll really get stuck? I friggin' hope so but doubt it. Will they close quickly and bugger-off? Unlikely as we'll still be a volatile company and probably still good pickings for them as a spike hits and then retraces. The ASX simply isn't a place that Shorters get punished. It is embedded with mechanisms to look after the big end of town and their mates and stacked squarely against retailers. For a real burn we would all need to hold when an announcement comes and buy more, even as the price increases. We would also need some new blood - and that might be hard to come by if interest rates keep rising and economies struggle.

I muse that those holding 100,000 plus (77%) may well hold reasonably firmly. Many of these will be in it for the long-term and, like @ NewkR said, not sell even when it spikes. So the 118m shorts will need to come from a relatively small pool. So I'm hopeful for at least a singe of the shorts, if not a smoulder.....

The good news is that Brainchip doesn't leak, so we hope there'll be an element of surprise when an announcement comes. A Christmas present would be nice! As I said, just musing, but given my belief in the company I won't be selling even the ones I've been buying on the way down this week regardless of the spike, which, given the figures, could be pretty sharp.

Enjoy the weekend.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Motty

I just found this interesting article. It is a great read if not a little worrying for anyone with a pacemaker.

Why I decided to post it is actually quite simple:

1. AKIDA 1.0 fabricated in 28nm is in this larger form still a World beater and streets ahead of Loihi 2.

2. Loihi 2. Is fabricated in 7nm and there is a suggestion of going lower or smaller again.

3. Qualcomm & Samsung are both trying to go as tiny as possible with Snapdragon currently down to 5nm I believe.

4. Even at these tiny fabrication levels AKIDA 1.0 trounces them in the performance and energy consumption stakes.

5.https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/10/221025201137.htm

Taking these facts together adds another layer of AKIDA technology advantage:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Okay FF, enough of the pace maker articles. How is a man to sleep tonight having read that.At least my Pacemaker has kept my heart beat steady during the SP decline. Can recommend it and only costs 25000 BRN shares to purchase.😳🤣🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Okay FF, enough of the pace maker articles. How is a man to sleep tonight having read that.At least my Pacemaker has kept my heart beat steady during the SP decline. Can recommend it and only costs 25000 BRN shares to purchase.😳🤣🤣🙈
You’ll be right. Must be a roof plumber here who can make you a beaten lead vest.

Then all you’ll have to do is worry about floods. 😂🤣😂😇

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

Regards
Great article. But I am VERY confused Regarding NaNose.

The following reads that NaNose exists and is capable of testing numerous diseases. None of this states it is future tech, it is all written in past and presence tense.

”Each of these technologies is projected to have great positive impacts on our society and economies in the near future” NO KIDDING!

Where can I buy one??

New Application Models​

This February, NaNose (Nano Artificial Nose) Medical and BrainChip jointly announced a new system for medical diagnosis of COVID-19. This system used an AI nano-array based on molecularly modified gold nanoparticles and a random network of single-walled carbon nanotubes paired with the Akida neuromorphic AI processor from BrainChip.

Using a non-invasive breathalyzer approach, this system collects Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOC’s) given off by a long list of diseases and passes these chemicals through the AI nano-array sensor. They used the Akida neuromorphic processor to analyze the data, giving the results almost immediately with 86% or higher accuracy.

Each of these technologies is projected to have great positive impacts on our society and economies in the near future. The marriage of metamaterials and AI in this system is an impressive first step in that direction. In addition to the great achievement of being able to detect the COVID-19 virus non-invasively, this technology pairing can also detect a range of other diseases simultaneously with similar results.

The table below shows the other diseases that are detectable by the nano-array sensor and the BrainChip neuromorphic AI processor.

Table 1: List of Diseases Detected by NaNose Nano-array Sensor

COVID-19Crohn’s disease (CD)
lung cancer (LC)ulcerative colitis (UC)
colorectal cancer (CRC)irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
head and neck cancer (HNC)idiopathic Parkinson’s (IPD)
ovarian cancer (OC)atypical Parkinsonism (PDISM)
bladder cancer (BC)multiple sclerosis (MS)
prostate cancer (PC)pulmonary hypertension (PAH)
kidney cancer (KC)Pre-eclampsia toxemia (PET)
gastric cancer (GC)chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Source: Semico Research

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
You’ll be right. Must be a roof plumber here who can make you a beaten lead vest.

Then all you’ll have to do is worry about floods. 😂🤣😂😇

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Taken care of - there is this bloke who makes life preservers out of wine corks ...

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Great article. But I am VERY confused Regarding NaNose.

The following reads that NaNose exists and is capable of testing numerous diseases. None of this states it is future tech, it is all written in past and presence tense.

”Each of these technologies is projected to have great positive impacts on our society and economies in the near future” NO KIDDING!

Where can I buy one??

New Application Models​

This February, NaNose (Nano Artificial Nose) Medical and BrainChip jointly announced a new system for medical diagnosis of COVID-19. This system used an AI nano-array based on molecularly modified gold nanoparticles and a random network of single-walled carbon nanotubes paired with the Akida neuromorphic AI processor from BrainChip.

Using a non-invasive breathalyzer approach, this system collects Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOC’s) given off by a long list of diseases and passes these chemicals through the AI nano-array sensor. They used the Akida neuromorphic processor to analyze the data, giving the results almost immediately with 86% or higher accuracy.

Each of these technologies is projected to have great positive impacts on our society and economies in the near future. The marriage of metamaterials and AI in this system is an impressive first step in that direction. In addition to the great achievement of being able to detect the COVID-19 virus non-invasively, this technology pairing can also detect a range of other diseases simultaneously with similar results.

The table below shows the other diseases that are detectable by the nano-array sensor and the BrainChip neuromorphic AI processor.

Table 1: List of Diseases Detected by NaNose Nano-array Sensor

COVID-19Crohn’s disease (CD)
lung cancer (LC)ulcerative colitis (UC)
colorectal cancer (CRC)irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
head and neck cancer (HNC)idiopathic Parkinson’s (IPD)
ovarian cancer (OC)atypical Parkinsonism (PDISM)
bladder cancer (BC)multiple sclerosis (MS)
prostate cancer (PC)pulmonary hypertension (PAH)
kidney cancer (KC)Pre-eclampsia toxemia (PET)
gastric cancer (GC)chronic kidney disease (CKD)
Source: Semico Research
The last thing I read about NaNose a while ago lead me to believe that there was a problem with the nanosensor, in that they had to discard about a third of the data before testing it on Akida. My interpretation of this was that a significant proportion of the data was not sufficiently precise to be analyzed to give an accurate result.

Remember, the test was done by collecting the sensor data on a computer and then sending the data to Perth so BrainChip could run the analysis on Akida. The data would also have been tested on a PC before sending it to Perth.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
The last thing I read about NaNose a while ago lead me to believe that there was a problem with the nanosensor, in that they had to discard about a third of the data before testing it on Akida. My interpretation of this was that a significant proportion of the data was not sufficiently precise to be analyzed to give an accurate result.

Remember, the test was done by collecting the sensor data on a computer and then sending the data to Perth so BrainChip could run the analysis on Akida. The data would also have been tested on a PC before sending it to Perth.
In the table of detectable diseases there are 17 plus Covid. The current cancer detection FDA trial being run by NaNose was if my memory is correct for 17 diseases and they had to engage 10,000 participants in the this trial and again from memory October, 2021 they had a further 3,000 to enrol.

The latest report here showed that the trial was still open.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 16 users

Getupthere

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

GpHiggsBoson

Regular
In the table of detectable diseases there are 17 plus Covid. The current cancer detection FDA trial being run by NaNose was if my memory is correct for 17 diseases and they had to engage 10,000 participants in the this trial and again from memory October, 2021 they had a further 3,000 to enrol.

The latest report here showed that the trial was still open.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Great to see you here with so much enthusiasm Fact Finder. I mostly look to see if you are still chipping away here on the BRN forum.

Out of all the interactions on hot crapper I felt more connection with your posts. Not to say all the other legends still here aren’t just as amazing, which they are.

I like many appreciate your devotion and belief along with your time and effort towards this technology.

I still hold a nice amount of the stock and will add more eventually.

For now economically I am not confident in what is coming.

I am 100% confident in the BRN technology. It will be the must have at some point in my humble opinion.

I will back the truck up again at some point.

Stay positive ensure a strong mindset in your lives to come. Nothing can beat a positive intelligent mind. You are all amazing.

Love your mind PVDM .. your are a legend.
We will always support you.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

stockduck

Regular
He says in this interview Mercedes is working with several tech-giants. Towards the end of this year they can reveal more about it, at the moment one has to wait with this.

Maybe interesting: they try to integrate different categories of experience and the specific digital lifestyle of the customer in the digital luxury experience of Mercedes (for example how to connect different phones with the car). ("ecosystem of customers" as term was mentioned by the interviewer) Display plays a central role in the car as a"living room", personal assistant provides support.

All cars (not only S-Klasse etc.) will be equipped like this.

They are working together with Unity (from the gaming sector) and Sync (streaming).

Payment (Mercedes me app, me connect); much can be imagined, he can not say much about this today. Question ist, what does the customer want.

Parternships are important. Nvidia is an important partner in autonomous driving; here AI and ML is developing very fast. More partnerships will be brought to public soon. Speed of innovation is so high, they need partners. OEM is an architecture, and they will combine the partners this way. This has huge potential for change. In former times there were suppliers. Now it is a much tighter work togehter with projects in mixed teams. This sort of working is new.

Cooperations with luxury labels; he does not want to say more ("we come back to future soon").

Concerning augmented reality etc: it has always to be prooved that it helps and improves driving experience. This is the big challenge. What of technology makes a better experience?

Regards
cassip
So that is my understandying too. For the start of MB.OS I might remember, that he called out the year 2024 in all car modells.

They are working with the big tech companys in the sector, and that is very important for MB. The focus is here on best security and comfort and luxury.

It would be great performance, if everyone would have the same feeling in the car like he has in his home on their own smart phone, so it doesn`t matter at all, if it is a google-, apple- or samsung, ect. ...-one. Personalitation! Secutity! Comfort/Luxury!

Comfort/Luxury means for me more powertime because of less energy consumtion.

That`s my take, please correct me if I understand it wrong.....;)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Maybe our German friends can listen and see if anything related to neuromorphic/ it's the future of MB.OS.

Thanks in advance.
Learning
Magnus Östberg talks a lot about the deal with Nvidia (Mercedes-Benz will offer software packages for automated driving functions together with Nvidia from 2024), he does not want to go into more detail about other partners, we will hear that in 2023, promises about autonomous driving via AI software and explains the MBUX system, via gaming, media, etc. Customization
BRN or neuromorphic chips were not discussed at all, he answered many questions with "we don't want to talk about that at the moment".
The podcast lasted 49 minutes and I didn't hear much that would be exciting for us, except that he can't talk about it

• Love
  • Fire

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Some perspective for those concerned about the SP..

210F7F60-C3C3-4735-A014-536C31FEB6F8.png

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Foxdog

Regular
Just thinking about whether the release of Akida 2 will move the SP? I’d think not…revenue announcements is what we need.

Thoughts?
Hi Pandaxxx, I think the release of AKIDA 2 will definitely see a jump in the SP. It will confirm that Anil et al are continuing to increase our technical lead over all competition. In my opinion it will rate up there with revenue. Perhaps we will hear something prior to Christmas in order to achieve FF's $2.75 🤞

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Hi Pandaxxx, I think the release of AKIDA 2 will definitely see a jump in the SP. It will confirm that Anil et al are continuing to increase our technical lead over all competition. In my opinion it will rate up there with revenue. Perhaps we will hear something prior to Christmas in order to achieve FF's $2.75 🤞
Hi @Foxdog
The importance of extending the technology lead cannot be over estimated.

As more and more research into just what AKIDA technology can do and more and more statements are made about this type of technology dominating and forming a partnership with Quantum Computing are made Brainchip needs to show that their technology has legs to lead the Revolution.

It needs to show that it can replace Von Neumann computing and the principle inherent in Moore’s Law by continuing to grow, improve and drive new innovation.

Delivering on AKIDA 2.0 shows to current customers and those in the wings that the Brainchip development roadmap is real and that the technology is not only best in class now but will continue to be for product development cycle after product development cycle for years and years to come.

They will know that if AKIDA 2.0 is given life so will 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 & 5.0.

They will realise if they are not onboard they will be the company that in years to come people will look back and say yes if only they had picked up on this technology shift they would not have gone the way of Kodak.

Now will the importance be recognised by the market.

In the mining industry when a resource company announces on the ASX that their resource has been independently assessed as greater than originally reported the market reacts.

The announcement of AKIDA 2.0 is confirmation of an increase in the technology resources of Brainchip.

This announcement should definitely be valued by the market.

But is the market intelligent and informed enough to ‘just get it’ well that’s the 3.5 billion dollar question???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

dippY22

Regular
I like to think it out this way. When the price got to $2 plus, did i sell? No. Why? Because I believe the long term gains will be far higher.
So if the price was $2 plus now would I sell? No. So what I had when the the price was $2 plus is precisely what I have now. A portfolio of BRN shares that will change my life in the future. Exactly nothing has changed except my stress levels.

Newk R said, " Exactly nothing has changed except my stress levels." Indeed.

I have made a personal strategic investment decision with respect to Brainchip.

It is a strategy born out of frustration with the way things are going in the world today and the shrinking Brainchip stock price this year.

There is NOTHING that a worried and frustrated me can do about macroeconomic events, business cycles, wars and conflicts, politics and the damned threats to democracy in the USA that some media endlessly bombard a poor consumer of news and current events with today.

There is nothing I can do but fret and stress like Newk R above. Oh, wait, I can vote in the upcoming U.S.midterm election and I already did, ….by mail-in ballet. So I vote and I feel a bit better for a few moments for doing my civic duty. Then I look at stock prices, or breaking world news and fall back again into my funk.

Fretting about things you can’t control isn’t healthy. Taking charge of things you can control is and makes much more sense.

But what of my relationship with Brainchip stock and its declining price of late? Or, what about my reasons for buying the stock originally and adding to it to reach my current full position? I constantly wonder if anything has changed my investment thesis? No, ….I answer emphatically and that is me being a rational investor which I intended to be when I began buying into this technology story and specifically, this stock.

Is there nothing I can do about the falling stock price of BRN? I could, I suppose, buy more stock, but I can’t do that because I have a full position.

I can sell some or all my shares but I won’t because the original thesis upon which I invested has not changed and passing time has convinced me even more that the A.I. story involving edge computing is real, is happening and Brainchip appears to be a viable contender in this area. The story is getting more exciting, not less.

But buying more shares or selling shares isn’t for me.

I was not a young man when I bought my Brainchip shares. I am getting older and Brainchip stock price has been declining. These two different directions are very concerning. This could be detrimental to my health if I constantly stressed and worried about it.

It could also be detrimental to domestic tranquility if it (a falling stock price) creates a schism in my marriage because what spouse handles a falling stock price well, especially if that stock was one recommended by and bought by one spouse (me, in this example)? It is very difficult to explain to people and perhaps wives (or husbands) with conservative risk tolerance profiles why time in the market for small stocks in new technologies is so important and why one must ignore day to day prices, or ugly charts. There is no easy explanation that will pacify skeptics who are terrified of losing money in the market and are unable to imagine a brighter future when stock prices and the world are falling or seemingly falling apart around them, respectively.

So what is my new personal Brainchip investment strategy that I have recently embraced?

I have decided to invest more in myself rather than buying more shares in BRN. That is my new Brainchip strategy. I am making some positive lifestyle changes that will help ensure that I will not only be around to see the financial rewards from ownership of Brainchip stock but that I will be hearty and hale enough to actually enjoy the rewards when they flow to me.

I have begun to seriously exercise,...well, seriously for an older person, and am already seeing the benefits of this in healthy weight loss, increased vitality and my energy level. Just those three things alone have improved my mood.

I am trying to meditate consistently and do other stress relieving activities such as NOT reading the gory details of every bad day in the stock market. I have reduced my consumption of day to day national and international news, which is rarely “feel good news”, and usually results in me getting angry with some “other side's point of view”.

These and some other lifestyle modifications (i.e. diet) are helping my attitudes, my overall health and my outlook.

Life is short as is frequently said, and I am here to tell you, it looks REALLY short from my perspective. So I am working to improve my odds of living healthy longer from my recent investment in my own health and longevity. Why?

I am anticipating and planning that in a few years my financial net worth situation should be dramatically higher than today because of my investment in Brainchip. I want to not just be around (then), but to be hale and hearty enough to enjoy the fruits and rewards of my appreciated investment for my remaining years before I give the leftovers to my family members.

My spouse has little appetite for understanding the details involved in the Brainchip story or my explanations why she needn’t worry about the current stock price. If it was her decision she never would have bought any in the firts place, and would likely sell our shares into a falling market today if it was her choice alone to make. Unlike me, she has no tolerance for a high risk / high reward story like Brainchip.

But now she sees my own investment in myself happening and my excitement about the future because we own Brainchip. My investment in me now has her excited, too, because she is there to see me doing it. She has actually become excited because I am modifying my lifestyle in order to enjoy the future rewards I expect to have someday from owning Brainchip. Now THAT she gets. Interesting how that worked.

Our long term strategies with Brainchip are probably all different and mine has recently been amended to account for my age and my own well being and nothing to do with selling Brainchip or buying more of it at these low prices. Like many of you I have been buying more shares, too, but instead of buying more BRN shares I’m buying more shares of stock in myself while I wait for the Brainchip story to grow and blossom.
Best of luck to us all....

Regards, dippY

My opinion only. Please do your own introspection and research.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 98 users
Top Bottom