BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Oculi won the Audience Choice award at the 2022 Vision Tank competition at the Embedded Vision Summit.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
D

Deleted member 118

I wonder if we will get a Moschip price sensitive announcement anytime soon.
Or is it all protected by NDAs

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Positive thought for the day
Brace yourselves fellow chippers, an avalanche of prosperity is about to be bestowed upon you.
Space Rocket GIF
GIF by Anderson .Paak

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
I too have absolutely no doubt that Anil Mankar states they have implemented their AKIDA based technology with both Prophesee and Oculi.

It should be noted that he said this in response to being questioned about whether AKIDA’s performance was superior to Ai Accelerators when implemented in the real world. In other words it was a benchmarking question.

We know from Prophesee’s CEO Luca Verre that benchmarked against every other technology they had trialled AKIDA completed their vision and fulfilled their ambitions for their event based sensor without any compromise. AKIDA turned the ‘house of straw’ they had built as if by magic into a ‘house of brick’.

Oculi as others have said to my knowledge has never been mentioned until now so fingers crossed by being exposed by Anil Mankar in a public forum we will have an Oculi podcast in the near future.

As Rob Telson said ‘exciting times’.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users
I too have absolutely no doubt that Anil Mankar states they have implemented their AKIDA based technology with both Prophesee and Oculi.

It should be noted that he said this in response to being questioned about whether AKIDA’s performance was superior to Ai Accelerators when implemented in the real world. In other words it was a benchmarking question.

We know from Prophesee’s CEO Luca Verre that benchmarked against every other technology they had trialled AKIDA completed their vision and fulfilled their ambitions for their event based sensor without any compromise. AKIDA turned the ‘house of straw’ they had built as if by magic into a ‘house of brick’.

Oculi as others have said to my knowledge has never been mentioned until now so fingers crossed by being exposed by Anil Mankar in a public forum we will have an Oculi podcast in the near future.

As Rob Telson said ‘exciting times’.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Realistically can anyone actually doubt the success we are going to enjoy since Rob Telson exposed in his latest presentation that Brainchip has partnered with a brewery.

I mean how big does a celebration have to be before a tech company needs to partner with a brewery.

This has to be unprecedented.

So like I have in the past I issue the challenge to find another tech company that feared being so successful that they would need to be partnered with a brewery to cope with their level of success.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
I have now had a chance to read a little about Oculi and what they claim is their difference and it occurred to me that if I understand it correctly they have developed a sensor to look for particular objects in a full scene.

If the object they were looking for is a kangaroo which can jump in an erratic fashion it would help to have a processor that had predictive functionality to assist with tracking the kangaroo across the field of view.

Enter AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Gemmax

Regular
I wonder if we will get a Moschip price sensitive announcement anytime soon.
Or is it all protected by NDAs

Nice one Rocket. Good pick up.

Reactions: 8 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
I have now had a chance to read a little about Oculi and what they claim is their difference and it occurred to me that if I understand it correctly they have developed a sensor to look for particular objects in a full scene.

If the object they were looking for is a kangaroo which can jump in an erratic fashion it would help to have a processor that had predictive functionality to assist with tracking the kangaroo across the field of view.

Enter AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

robsmark

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Iseki

Regular
Oculi won the Audience Choice award at the 2022 Vision Tank competition at the Embedded Vision Summit.

This could be just what we want.
Oculi have 3 products, one with the event camera and a tiny oculi microcontroller. The other two have big Xilinx chips.
If we are in the tiny oculi MC then that is where we want to be. That would be fantastic.
I only wish we could find out.
( I appreciate that oculi is a very small startup, but hell, it's Johns Hopkins University, perhaps one of our 5 uni's taking us on.)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
I was encouraged yesterday BY reading an article from MF praising a decision to invest in the BIG BANKS here in Australia. So understanding that Brainchip has been admitted into this exalted company space I was well pleased.

The news otherwise is not good for the markets though with many now predicting the collapse of Credit Sussie and the risk to Deutsche Bank.

Despite the strength of the BIG BANK Index there will be continuing market volatility to contend with as fear and uncertainty continues to wash back and forth through the markets.

Remember AKIDA’s success is not dependent on anyone market it is as they say ubiquitous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Humble as well, like Peter. Great to see, I personally value your balanced views, thank you.

We both love the value of a solid Patent....... some are very close to being granted, that's the rumour I heard at the San Francisco airport :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Two of the heavy-lifting contributors to this forum having an educated and polite discourse about a company we all love. Warms the cockles of my heart!:giggle:(y)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
I was encouraged yesterday BY reading an article from MF praising a decision to invest in the BIG BANKS here in Australia. So understanding that Brainchip has been admitted into this exalted company space I was well pleased.

The news otherwise is not good for the markets though with many now predicting the collapse of Credit Sussie and the risk to Deutsche Bank.

Despite the strength of the BIG BANK Index there will be continuing market volatility to contend with as fear and uncertainty continues to wash back and forth through the markets.

Remember AKIDA’s success is not dependent on anyone market it is as they say ubiquitous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
They have downgraded Credit Suisse to Credit Suss

• Haha
Reactions: 38 users
This could be just what we want.
Oculi have 3 products, one with the event camera and a tiny oculi microcontroller. The other two have big Xilinx chips.
If we are in the tiny oculi MC then that is where we want to be. That would be fantastic.
I only wish we could find out.
( I appreciate that oculi is a very small startup, but hell, it's Johns Hopkins University, perhaps one of our 5 uni's taking us on.)
Would appear quietly active.

Silicon Catalyst Alumni apparently.

Screenshot_2022-10-10-07-44-23-66_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-10-07-45-50-54_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
IMG_20221010_074754.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-10-07-48-39-46_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

jk6199

Regular
Multiple multiple 59 & 61 share transactions so far today.

Don't the shorters know I want 60 shares!

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

robsmark

Regular
Fed up with our Jurassic banking system - I transferred $2500 to my trading account on Saturday and it still isn’t available. I’m sure it’ll be clear tomorrow once the price has pumped up again 🫣

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Fed up with our Jurassic banking system - I transferred $2500 to my trading account on Saturday and it still isn’t available. I’m sure it’ll be clear tomorrow once the price has pumped up again 🫣
Next time try express post

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Iseki

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

M_C

Founding Member
While I have no doubt that through Prophesee & Sony Qualcomm will be adopting and working with Brainchip AKIDA IP you have left out the most important part of the article regarding Qualcomm’s Snapdragon automotive platform where Mercedes’ Benz is concerned:

“However, the use of Drive Orin for automated driving planned for 2024 shows that Nvidia will also be used in the future, at least in other areas at Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes-Benz did not opt for the Snapdragon Ride offered by Qualcomm.

BMW, on the other hand, will use this platform from 2025 with the “New Class”…

Mercedes-Benz is now a customer for infotainment and telematics.”

Mercedes Benz with Qualcomm is continuing its well worn pathway and is picking the eyes out of different suppliers offerings.

In so doing Brainchip and its Mercedes AKIDA developed use cases will rub shoulders against Qualcomm but there is nothing in what you have posted to convince me that AKIDA is already in Qualcomm’s platforms.

Now as Qualcomm has said that it will reveal more about Flex SoC at CES 2023 it is not impossible that the rubbing up against AKIDA at Mercedes Benz and while working with Prophesee and Sony has seen interest which could be on the CES 2023 Cards it is very speculative at this point in time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

(Remember the old one shot 2D image of a tiger then AKD1000 can recognise tigers?...............)​

Accurate depth estimation across different modalities

Depth estimation and 3D reconstruction is the perception task of creating 3D models of scenes and objects from 2D images. Our research leverages input configurations including a single image, stereo images, and 3D point clouds. We’ve developed SOTA supervised and self-supervised learning methods for monocular and stereo images with transformer models that are not only highly efficient but also very accurate. Beyond the model architecture, our full-stack optimization includes using neural architecture search with DONNA (Distilling Optimal Neural Networks Architectures) and quantization with the AI Model Efficiency Toolkit (AIMET). As a result, we demonstrated the world’s first real-time monocular depth estimation on a phone that can create 3D images from a single image. Watch my 3D perception webinar for more details.

Efficient and accurate 3D object detection

3D object detection is the perception task of finding positions and regions of individual objects. For example, the goal could be detecting the corresponding 3D bounding boxes of all vehicles and pedestrians on LiDAR data for autonomous driving. We are making possible efficient object detection in 3D point clouds. We’ve developed an efficient transformer-based 3D object detection architecture that utilizes 2D pseudo-image features extracted in the polar space. With a smaller, faster, and lower power model, we’ve achieved top accuracy scores in the detection of vehicles, pedestrians, and traffic signs on LiDAR 3D point clouds.

Low latency and accurate 3D pose estimation

3D pose estimation is the perception task of finding the orientation and key-points of objects. For XR applications, accurate and low-latency hand and body pose estimation are essential for intuitive interactions with virtual objects within a virtual environment. We’ve developed an efficient neural network architecture with dynamic refinements to reduce the model size and latency for hand pose estimation. Our models can interpret 3D human body pose and hand pose from 2D images, and our computationally scalable architecture iteratively improves key-point detection with less than 5mm error – achieving the best average 3D error.

3D scene understanding

3D scene understanding is the perception task of decomposing a scene into its 3D and physical components. We’ve developed the world’s first transformer-based inverse rendering for scene understanding. Our end-to-end trained pipeline estimates physically-based scene attributes from an indoor image, such as room layout, surface normal, albedo (surface diffuse reflectivity), material type, object class, and lighting estimation. Our AI model leads to better handling of global interactions between scene components, achieving better disambiguation of shape, material, and lighting. We achieved SOTA results on all 3D perception tasks and enable high-quality AR applications such as photorealistic virtual object insertion into real scenes.

Qualcomm-image

Our method correctly estimates lighting to realistically insert objects, such as a bunny.

Click to see a larger image.

More 3D perception breakthroughs to come

Looking forward, our ongoing research in 3D perception is expected to produce additional breakthroughs in neural radiance fields (NeRF), 3D imitation learning, neuro-SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping), and 3D scene understanding in RF (Wi-Fi/5G). In addition, our perception research is much broader than 3D perception as we continue to drive high-impact machine learning research efforts and invent technology enablers in several areas. We are focused on enabling advanced use cases for important applications, including XR, camera, mobile, autonomous driving, IoT, and much more. The future is looking bright as more perceptive devices become available that enhance our everyday lives.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Quadric is an alumni as well, I see. MegaChips part own Quadric. Now if MegaChips make the Oculi microprocessor we are very, very close to something material.
Nice we are also both in the same ecosystem / member program focused on edge ai and vision products.

Screenshot_2022-10-10-09-26-57-49_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-10-09-24-21-64_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-10-10-09-24-09-57_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom