BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
Hi Proga,

BrainChip used Xilink's FPGA in 2017 for the now superceded BrainChip Accelerator:

https://brainchip.com/brainchip-int...n-of-neuromorphic-computing-brainchip-120917/

BrainChip Holdings Ltd. announced the release of its hardware acceleration board, BrainChip Accelerator.​

SAN FRANCISCO, CA — (Marketwired) — 09/12/17 —
BrainChip Holdings Ltd. (ASX: BRN)
The processing is done by six BrainChip Accelerator cores in a Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA).
What I am thinking of, as by way of an example is ... Could it be possible that say someone like Mercedes Benz or even any other BRN customer like NASA etc etc, might want the next generation of Akida to be able to take over the management of almost all of the other senors and vehicle operations systems in hand together with another system supplier... thus requiring Akida to obtain/purchase a third party licence from such other supplier, that can accomplish such an end result .... IMO, ... Potentially two systems running in tandum.

Can BRN disclose the origin of this newly acquired third party Licence or are we going to hear the old NDA line.

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This was the sentence that I was wondering about.

When designing a neural network architecture for execution at Akida, one should take into account a number of additional limitations concerning the layer parameters (e.g., maximum convolution size is 7, while stride 2 is supported for convolution size 3 only) and their sequence.
My layman's interpretation of CNN -

In convolution the system takes manageable size bites of the pixel data for processing.

The processor examines small segments of the whole pixel array to see if there is a pattern which it recognizes. It does this by looking at each pixel in association with their neighbouring pixels.

Think of an array of pixels in a camera photoreceptor, say 100 columns x 100 rows (10000 pixels) - starting at the top left corner, draw a box enclosing, say 7x7 pixels. That is what the convolution size means.

Now move the box 1 pixel to the right - that is a stride of 1.

This results in the 7 pixels in the first column being excluded from the next processing step and a new set of 7 pixels to the right being included.

So a stride of 2 moves the box 2 columns to the right, dropping 2 columns of 7 on the left and adding 2 columns of 7 to the right.

When the box has scanned the whole first 7 rows, it can drop down 2 rows and repeat the process.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What I am thinking of, as by way of an example is ... Could it be possible that say someone like Mercedes Benz or even any other BRN customer like NASA etc etc, might want the next generation of Akida to be able to take over the management of almost all of the other senors and vehicle operations systems in hand together with another system supplier... thus requiring Akida to obtain/purchase a third party licence from such other supplier, that can accomplish such an end result .... IMO, ... Potentially two systems running in tandum.

Can BRN disclose the origin of this newly acquired third party Licence or are we going to hear the old NDA line.
The quoted words read as if the licence was required for the further development of Akida. I remember I had some deep insight into what that meant at the time, but it's been lost in the mists of time

We did partner with nViso, SiFive, Prophesee, and Edge impulse during the quarter, and we joined ARM Partnership Program.

We already had licences with ARM and Spikenet (whom we subsequently purchased).

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
My layman's interpretation of CNN -

In convolution the system takes manageable size bites of the pixel data for processing.

The processor examines small segments of the whole pixel array to see if there is a pattern which it recognizes. It does this by looking at each pixel in association with their neighbouring pixels.

Think of an array of pixels in a camera photoreceptor, say 100 columns x 100 rows (10000 pixels) - starting at the top left corner, draw a box enclosing, say 7x7 pixels. That is what the convolution size means.

Now move the box 1 pixel to the right - that is a stride of 1.

This results in the 7 pixels in the first column being excluded from the next processing step and a new set of 7 pixels to the right being included.

So a stride of 2 moves the box 2 columns to the right, dropping 2 columns of 7 on the left and adding 2 columns of 7 to the right.

When the box has scanned the whole first 7 rows, it can drop down 2 rows and repeat the process.
Thanks for that Dio. Certainly looks like a laborious process?
I just remember one of the things I read that sold me on Brainchip was how if you had a large white board with a black dot in the middle Akida will just process the black dot and wont waist energy sending data for the whole board. (Like event based camera's?)
Not even sure if this is relevant to this discussion.
If you are a Layman then I am the scarecrow from The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

dippY22

Regular
Thanks FF. Not much more we can do but call out bad behavior. The question I have is what does Citi want with this many BRN share Will they they want more shares?Are they going to influence the company in a particular direction at some point? I don't think they are parking the money to quickly move it again so does make me wonder what their long play is. Suspect they are on board till a nasdaq listing.

I think it is possible that down the road we could see a suitor enlist the services of a Citigrope investment advisor(s) to pursue a majority ownership stake in a leading neuromorphic IP edge compute processing company and use a different Citigrope departments nominee majority share ownership stake to influence or tip the scales on behalf of some anonymous entity to scoop up an on-sale asset at bargain basement prices, .......because they can.

I would definately be weary of anything having to do with Citigrope regardless of who is really behind it and actually pulling the strings and the anonymity we may see from them ad infinitum

We need transparency.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
So this will be the presentation brief Anil will complete at Linley Fall in Nov.

System-Level Advances in Neuromorphic Performance, Efficiency, Configurability, and Scalability

Anil Mankar, Chief Development Officer, BrainChip

Every real-world embedded AI application has a unique set of constraints on system latency, power, bandwidth and die size. Designing a single AI accelerator architecture to meet the needs of multiple applications is a major challenge. This presentation describes how BrainChip uses HW/SW co-design, AutoML, and the results of discussions with many AI application customers to achieve advances in system-level hardware performance, efficiency, configurability, and scalability with its neuromorphic compute architecture.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Rob Telson liked what

Jens Knut Fabrowsky​

Executive Vice President, Automotive Electronics bei Robert Bosch GmbH
wrote at LinkedIn

Do you know the benefits of our Bosch Generic timer IP module called GTM? Today, I joined the #GTMTechDay in Stuttgart, Germany where you will find 16 interesting presentation in the area of debug, code optimization, simulation and application for the GTM. Great exchange platform between all stakeholders of the GTM IP eco environment like OEMs, TIER 1, semiconductor vendors, providers and other interested parties worldwide. Find out more about the world of scalable I/O coprocessor for #automotive #microcontrollers: bit.ly/3bRQyOp

I think we could be TIER 1?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

cosors

👀
On another matter the Fed raised rates by the predicted .75% however put an unexpected sting in the tail by lifting their predicted upper target range by close to 1%.

As this sunk in the positive movement on the US markets faded away. Luckily we have a public holiday here so the US markets get a second chance at giving a positive signal to the ASX to close out our week.

Puto continues to weigh on the world but I cannot but have sympathy for the 300,000 Russians being called up. Assuming the reports we have had about the age and quality of the weapons and body armour being used by the troops already in Ukraine it is hard to believe Puto’s statement that they have plenty of weapons ready to use. I personally expect these 300,000 reservists to be virtually naked from a military perspective, poorly trained, lacking leadership and will be nothing more than cannon fodder. So many will die needlessly unless Russia comes to its senses and reigns in Puto.

To believe otherwise is to believe that the regular troops sent to Ukraine at the beginning were given all the old out of date equipment and the modern weaponry was held in reserve for the untrained reservists to use.

Anyway the point is this 300,000 will not in my opinion cause a quick resolution of the war and it is more likely to be ongoing into 2023 and continue to weigh heavily on the worlds markets.

The disclosure that the Australian Government has an extra $50 billion in revenue as a result of Puto creating demand for our resources and increasing world prices is as I predicted.

We will likely see that demand continue into 2023 despite Government claims to the contrary so an extra $50 billion plus will also flow over the next 6 months.

Remember Brainchip has no debt and none of the above have changed a single thing about the Brainchip investment thesis.

EXCEPT that intelligent drones are proving essential in modern warfare. Sadly Brainchip has a way to make drones incredible.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
See first 30sec
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...s/russia-ukraine-war-news-09-22-22/index.html
I can't embed the video here and also can't detach from Google with my phone....

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Stock exchanges always maintain the highest standards of ethics:
Bernard Lawrence Madoff (/ˈmeɪdɔːf/ MAY-dawf;[1] April 29, 1938 – April 14, 2021) was an American fraudster and financier who ran the largest Ponzi scheme in history, worth about $64.8 billion.[2][3] He was at one time chairman of the NASDAQ stock exchange.[4] He advanced the proliferation of electronic trading platforms and the concept of payment for order flow, which has been described as a "legal kickback".
He was not only a criminal or chairman of NASDAQ but also the founder of what we all use in the world. A double-edged sword. But he was anything but stupid. In prison he traded chocolate. I recommend the movie Wizard of Lies even if it is not particularly good but it is a good basis for further. He was not only a criminal he also destroyed his family. Nevertheless, he made it possible for us to trade as we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

M_C

Founding Member

Morse Micro’s new main investor MegaChips is also more than just an investment partner. The TSE-listed semiconductor company will be manufacturing Morse Micro’s chipsets and modules and provide quality assurance, sales support, and new distribution channels, Morse Micro says. And spinning gold on chipset startups is not foreign to MegaChips, which in 2012 spun off oscillator component supplier SiTime. SiTime is today a multi-billion dollar components supplier.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

Hot crapper news post at 6:25 today.
Source : Mike.stone1@thomsonreuters.com.

The Pentagon awarded Raytheon Technologies Corp $985,000,000.00 contract to develop prototypes for the Hypersonic Attack Cruse Missile.

Raytheon beat out Boeing & Lockheed Martin.

The Hypersonic Attack Cruise Missile (HACM) is an air launched Hypersonic missile that was developed with help from the Australian Goverment.

Speeds around 6,200 Kilometres per hour.

Delivery some time in 2027.

Brainchip involvement ??????????.

Regards ,
Esq

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 30 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Although not a new video but just as a friendly insight to those that may have jumped on the BrainChip BUS in the last couple of months and have not come across it. The below video is a great/must watch to have a better understanding of our little nipper, AKIDA. It certainly did for me.

Anastasi does a wonderful job of explaining AKIDA and Anil is very confident explaining what Peter and he have developed.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

E5C274C0-FF3E-42C5-9805-A1A0D8346F4C.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
This was the sentence that I was wondering about.

When designing a neural network architecture for execution at Akida, one should take into account a number of additional limitations concerning the layer parameters (e.g., maximum convolution size is 7, while stride 2 is supported for convolution size 3 only) and their sequence.
@Diogenese ?

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom