Brainchip weds Megachips

BaconLover

Founding Member

The day Brainchip and Megachips got into bed. Legally.

Except Nintendo we haven't been really able to find out who they're dealing with yet. We know the majority of the revenue for Megachips come from Nintendo.

Screenshot (540).png

Screenshot (541).png

Screenshot (542).png

In the recent Corporate Briefing, they are pretty clear regarding their road ahead. And the strategic partnership with Brainchip is shown as a key component moving forward.

Full document here:

Imo, even though they are mainly dealing with Nintendo atm, their long term goals tell me they are ready to spread their wings. They are similar to BRN in some way - in that they do not manufacture chips. They rely on TSMC mainly as far as I can see and also another company named Macronix deals along with them to help Nintendo.

Also, not sure if this has been already established but Megachips are working with SCU (Santa Clara University)

Screenshot (544).png

If you read under the ''Future Outlook'' section, you can see they have mentioned ''target fields by forming strategic alliances and business investments with start-up companies having cutting-edge technologies and ideas mainly in the United States'' I think they are talking about Brainchip - opposing views welcome.

Full document here:

https://www.megachips.co.jp/english/pdf/21mr/all.pdf

SiTime was bought by Megachips a few years ago. This is what they're upto :
https://www.sitime.com/

If you read under the ''solutions'' there are a few use cases for us.
SiTime is also located near the above mentioned Santa Clara University.
They deal with TSMC for silicon and have deals with Bosch for supplying MEMS (microelectricalmechanical systems) (Don't ask me what it does lol).
Here is a recent transcript of an interview with SiTime management to read futher (nice insight into the semiconductor dealings in general imo) :

I mean, Megachips have already signed a deal with us so this is in a way of trying to see what they're working on and not ''if'' they are working together.

A short insight into Megachips itself:
https://coindataflow.com/en/stock/6875.T#fiscal-year (Numbers are in Japanese Yen)

If you find anything regarding Megachips feel free to drop it on this thread.

Attachments

• Megachips-License-Agreement.PDF
    150.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 123 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
mega.jpg

monkey-with-money-happy-withmoney.gif

chips.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
1645335633160.png

I want my new nintendo with Ai brainchip to bring to life the power glove and the five sensors

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Except Nintendo we haven't been really able to find out who they're dealing with yet. We know the majority of the revenue for Megachips come from Nintendo.

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

View attachment 1438

In the recent Corporate Briefing, they are pretty clear regarding their road ahead. And the strategic partnership with Brainchip is shown as a key component moving forward.

Full document here:

Imo, even though they are mainly dealing with Nintendo atm, their long term goals tell me they are ready to spread their wings. They are similar to BRN in some way - in that they do not manufacture chips. They rely on TSMC mainly as far as I can see and also another company named Macronix deals along with them to help Nintendo.

Also, not sure if this has been already established but Megachips are working with SCU (Santa Clara University)

View attachment 1439

If you read under the ''Future Outlook'' section, you can see they have mentioned ''target fields by forming strategic alliances and business investments with start-up companies having cutting-edge technologies and ideas mainly in the United States'' I think they are talking about Brainchip - opposing views welcome.

Full document here:

They deal with TSMC for silicon and have deals with Bosch for supplying MEMS (microelectricalmechanical systems) (Don't ask me what it does lol).
Here is a recent transcript of an interview with SiTime management to read futher (nice insight into the semiconductor dealings in general imo) :

I mean, Megachips have already signed a deal with us so this is in a way of trying to see what they're working on and not ''if'' they are working together.

https://coindataflow.com/en/stock/6875.T#fiscal-year (Numbers are in Japanese Yen)

What are the odds that this will be one of the first academic institutions that Brainchip signs up to its new academic research and testing of AKD1000 program???

If so it will confirm most of what you have hypothesised. I wonder if Brainchip will release the names of the institutions who come on board???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
Reactions: 29 users

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

View attachment 1438

Full document here:

View attachment 1439

Full document here:

And just by the way I had a quick look at Quadric and they are not as relevant to a robotic platform as AKD1000 and they use 3.5 Watts. As best I can understand they are an accelerator for accelerators.

My lay opinion only might be something for Dio to look at or DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
And just by the way I had a quick look at Quadric and they are not as relevant to a robotic platform as AKD1000 and they use 3.5 Watts. As best I can understand they are an accelerator for accelerators.

My lay opinion only might be something for Dio to look at or DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
May be that's where we come in with their ''future outlook''/vision? May be SCU has nothing to do with Akida at all but I find the SiTime purchase and this liasion with SCU very interesting.

Reactions: 11 users
May be that's where we come in with their ''future outlook''/vision? May be SCU has nothing to do with Akida at all but I find the SiTime purchase and this liasion with SCU very interesting.
If we go back to the original ASX notice it did not restrict the relationship with MegaChips to only one area and the screen shot you put up simply states Aim to achieve early launch of Edge Ai solution. The world is Brainchip and MegaChips oyster so to speak.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

View attachment 1438

Full document here:

View attachment 1439

Full document here:

Might be worth noting and possibly overlooked, looking through some of their press releases, are quite a few mentions of SiTime (a wholly owned Megachips subsidiary) and leader in MEMS technology ("silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products").

"The market for all timing devices is $6 billion, and SiTime supplies 90% of the MEMS timing components sold."

Another possible avenue through Megachips/SiTImes into ADAS...

Timing is the heartbeat of electronics. Temperature changes, shock, and vibration can all destroy timing signals and can cause ADAS to fail. The SIT938X differential MEMS oscillators are the only timing solutions that are capable of withstanding such environmental stressors, while still delivering precision timing for ADAS operation.”

Also while this is an older article, Megachips have stated in the past their product development focus on the IOT and wearables market:

"Research firm ABI forecasts 42 million wearable fitness and health devices will be shipped in 2014, up from 32 million in 2013. This market growth is fueled by the proliferation of low-power microchips and sensors such as those from MegaChips and Bosch Sensortec."
"MegaChips' ultra-low power frizz, combined with the SiTime SiT1602 programmable MHz oscillator and the Bosch Sensortec MEMS sensors BMI160, BMM150 and BME280 provide more meaningful data, easy interpretation, higher accuracy and ultra-low power critical for longer battery life."

*EDIT* Apologies, some of this already posted by OP ... skim reading!

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

stuart888

Regular
Based upon the Megachips 13G/A, they own 26% of SiTime. A huge holding and could be a potential user of the Brainchip IP for sure. I am all in on Brainchip, and the future should be ongoing good news.
Metachips 13G/A SiTime summary

Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

View attachment 1438

Full document here:

View attachment 1439

Full document here:

Hi BL,

Amazing confirmation of the strength of the BrainChip association with MegaChips.

MC do have a few neural network patent applications, but they are von Neumann, so it's no wonder they are enthusiastic about Akida.

WO2021019815A1 NEURAL NETWORK PROCESSOR, NEURAL NETWORK PROCESSING METHOD, AND PROGRAM
[This is a machine translation]
A neural network processor for executing neural network processing including processing of the feature extraction layer and processing of the judgment layer, and a read-only memory for storing and holding data for processing of the feature extraction layer, and data A random access memory that can read and write data and stores data for processing in the determination layer, a control unit that controls the read-only memory and the random access memory, and the read-only The data for processing the feature extraction layer is read out from the memory as the first data, the processing of the feature extraction layer is executed using the first data, and the data for processing the determination layer is executed from the random access memory. Is read as the second data, and the inner product processing unit that executes the processing of the determination layer using the second data is provided.
The read-only memory extracts the features in the order required when the processing of the feature extraction layer is executed and the header data including the data for specifying the read time of the data for the processing of the feature extraction layer. The data for processing of the feature extraction layer is stored and held so that the data for processing the layer can be output, and when the control unit outputs a read command signal to the read-only memory, the above.

1645374479547.png

This one compresses the martix calculations to fit on a mobile edge device:

WO2021009965A1 PROCESSOR FOR NEURAL NETWORK, PROCESSING METHOD FOR NEURAL NETWORK, AND PROGRAM

Since this neural network processor uses a multi-valued basis matrix, the range of integer values that can be taken by each element of the multi-valued basis matrix becomes wide, so the number of dimensions (number of elements) of the scaling coefficient vector is reduced accordingly. be able to. Since the elements of the scaling coefficient vector are real numbers, the amount of processing of the real number arithmetic processing can be reduced by reducing the number of dimensions (number of elements) of the scaling coefficient vector. As a result, in this neural network processor, it is possible to significantly reduce the amount of arithmetic processing while ensuring the calculation accuracy when executing the matrix arithmetic processing using the binary basis matrix.

1645375595168.png

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

So Megachips partnered with Vidatronic in 2014 who are in turn an IP partner with Samsung.

Screenshot (549).png

Edit: I am not sure how relevant is the LDO usage in Samsung IP here though.

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
What are the odds that this will be one of the first academic institutions that Brainchip signs up to its new academic research and testing of AKD1000 program???

If so it will confirm most of what you have hypothesised. I wonder if Brainchip will release the names of the institutions who come on board???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just want to inform you that Brainchip has placed an article on LinkedIn an hour ago on the Mercedes’ and the use of Akida in the model being discussed.

Having a squiz through Megachips 2021 Annual Report that BL posted, yeah exciting life lmao, some interesting things.

Dependence on specific customers
(1) Purchasers
MegaChips principally sells LSIs for a game software storage (custom memory) for the amusement field; LSIs for game consoles and peripheral devices; LSIs for digital cameras and other image processing; LSIs for OA equipment. The percentage of net sales involving LSIs for storing game software (custom memory) to Nintendo Co., Ltd. (“Nintendo”) is increasing and accounts for 78.0% of the sales for the current fiscal year.
Therefore, the performance of the Company could fluctuate depending on the sales trend of the game consoles and software that use our LSI products, and the market of LSI.
The risk is not something that can be completely eliminated, we have the good and close relationship with Nintendo and aim to meet customer satisfaction with our products by providing ideal solution and stable supply and minimize the possible risks. Besides, we focus on the development of the new business in the fields including in-vehicle device, industrial equipment, telecommunications infrastructure, energy control and robotics as well as improve the business portfolio in the mid- to long-term.

This last point I emphasised in bold is key, in-vehicle device and communication, including "in-vehicle network (Ethernet) field" is mentioned pointing to a ramp up to production of products for vehicle parts manufacturers from 2025 (chart from p13 below).
MCCRepor2021_p13.png

Link again for the full document:

Last edited:
  • Fire
Having a squiz through Megachips 2021 Annual Report that BL posted, yeah exciting life lmao, some interesting things.

This last point I emphasised in bold is key, in-vehicle device and communication, including "in-vehicle network (Ethernet) field" is mentioned pointing to a ramp up to production of products for vehicle parts manufacturers from 2025 (chart from p13 below).
View attachment 1829

Link again for the full document:
Thankyou Rick . Your post makes it so much easier for me to understand chronologically how the main four areas are going to ramp up from now .

Reactions: 4 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

Nice find Rocket. Thought I'd stick it on this thread too.

Screenshot (10).png

• Fire

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
''AI Technology has rapidly spread and is being installed in, among other, driver-less cars and robotics.''

What do they know?
More than you and I, BL.

Please dont take offense :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Interesting.... DENSO has direct capital interest in Quadric.

So DENSO could be arguably one of MegaChip's customers? They are definitely in partnership for AI applications.

Apart from Nintendo, not many companies have come to surface with MegaChips, but I reckon this is a medium rare juicy steak.

DENSO Group Company NSITEXE Leads Quadric’s $21 Million Series B Funding Round to Enhance AI Solutions​

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (March 16, 2022) ―DENSO group company NSITEXE, Inc., a designer and developer of semiconductor components enabling next-generation automotive applications, has led Quadric’s $21 million Series B funding round. MegaChips also contributed major investment and existing investors Leawood VC, Pear VC, Uncork Capital, and Cota Capital participated in the round.

More on DENSO:

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Interesting.... DENSO has direct capital interest in Quadric.

So DENSO could be arguably one of MegaChip's customers? They are definitely in partnership for AI applications.

Apart from Nintendo, not many companies have come to surface with MegaChips, but I reckon this is a medium rare juicy steak.

DENSO Group Company NSITEXE Leads Quadric’s $21 Million Series B Funding Round to Enhance AI Solutions​

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (March 16, 2022) ―DENSO group company NSITEXE, Inc., a designer and developer of semiconductor components enabling next-generation automotive applications, has led Quadric’s $21 million Series B funding round. MegaChips also contributed major investment and existing investors Leawood VC, Pear VC, Uncork Capital, and Cota Capital participated in the round.

More on DENSO:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom