Brainchip + BMW

Krustor

Regular
Hey Folks.
Since now I read a few hints that brings Akida together with BMW, but the last presentation was that obvious, that it may need an own Thread.

We all saw in this presentation the racecar with its big "BMW Power" in the rear:
Screenshot_20220226-175324_YouTube.jpg

This could have been a coincidence, because no other race car was available.

To believe in this coincidence seems hard, if we watch another scene - that I havent seen being discussed, yet:
Screenshot_20220225-140331_YouTube.jpg

Right at the beginning when they talked about smart automotive I thought I know the cockpit shown on the very right. The logo on the steering-wheel is blurred, but I am quite sure, this is a BMW again: 5er series:
P90324439-bmw-operating-system-7-0-09-2018-600px.jpg

Please also compare the footrest on the very bottom left.

For me this looks like a broad hint...

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users
Hey Folks.
Since now I read a few hints that brings Akida together with BMW, but the last presentation was that obvious, that it may need an own Thread.

We all saw in this presentation the racecar with its big "BMW Power" in the rear:
View attachment 1865

To believe in this coincidence seems hard, if we watch another scene - that I havent seen being discussed, yet:
View attachment 1866

Right at the beginning when they talked about smart automotive I thought I know the cockpit shown on the very right. The logo on the steering-wheel is blurred, but I am quite sure, this is a BMW again: 5er series:
View attachment 1867

@Krustor great detective work 🔎

Reactions: 20 users

Yeah Nah

Emerged
Nice one @Krustor, another awesome thread to pull on. Haven’t tried investigating for links but looking forward to what the thousand eyes can dig up.

Reactions: 10 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hey Folks.

View attachment 1865

View attachment 1866

View attachment 1867

Awesome post @Krustor .. lets hope we get some clarification/ announcement soon ....exciting times really kicking in !! Cheers

Reactions: 9 users

Neuromorphia

fact collector
hmmm

Hello Mercedes (MBUX) was first introduced in 2018 and hello BMW was also first introduced in 2018. They are very similar.

What is the relationship between Benz and BMW?

So are BMW and Mercedes owned by the same company? No, BMW is owned by its parent company BMW Group and Mercedes is currently owned by Daimler AG. Although BMW and Mercedes are completely independent of each other, they both share some share some connections with other huge companies, which you may not know about.

Mercedes - BMW connections...

The past few years have seen an unprecedented collaboration between BMW and Mercedes-Benz. The two German giants have not started sharing platforms or engines, but they did tie the knot when it comes to car sharing and autonomous cars development. But as it often happens, the increasing love story between the two is beginning to come to an end, at least in some respects.

Officially calling it a temporary hold, BMW and Mercedes announced they are putting an end to their collaboration in the field of automated driving because they are “unable to hold detailed expert discussions and talk to suppliers about technology roadmaps.”

Saying “the timing is not right for successful implementation of the cooperation,” BMW announced each of the parties involved is now free to see other people (sorry, companies), depending on the needs that arise from their separate take on the matter.

As it usually happens in couples, BMW and Mercedes are to remain friends and keep working together on other of their joint projects, and neither side excludes a return to a collaboration in this field if the stars align.

hmmm

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Vanman

Emerged
This would be amazing

Reactions: 3 users

Flenton

Regular
Anyone able to see what sort of Motorbike it is?

Reactions: 1 users
I

Ilovepie

Looks alot like BMW.

Reactions: 1 users
I

Ilovepie

If you ask hey Mercedes you "What do you think of BMW?" Hey Mercedes answers "Good friends from Bavaria" (a preprogramed response.)

This confirms the collaboration between BMW and Mercedes-Benz in the development of these systems... but is BMW also using Akida?

BMW and Mercedes remain friends and keep working together on their joint projects... So does this include MBUX and BMW’s Intelligent Personal Assistant ? Are they still being developed together?

My question would be. Why would BMW not be part of the revolutionary technology?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This pretty much sums up the situation I'd say!

So we know that AKIDA is being utitlised for key word spotting in the Mercedes MBUX, so BrainChip is obviously working in collaboration with Cerence. Aside from working with Mercedes, Cerrence is also providing interactive AI to Electric Fiat 500, BMW, and Audi.

In addition, Cerence "is an innovation partner to the world’s leading automakers, and powers AI in nearly 300 million cars on the road globally across more than 70 languages for nearly every major automaker in the world".

IMO naturally!

Extract 1
We are most famous for speech, and recently announced that Cerence is powering the voice and AI-driven features in the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX). Cerence was also selected by FCA to provide conversational and interactive AI in the new Electric Fiat 500. We are also long time partners with BMW, and just this month we presented our products together to demonstrate our vision for the impact of conversational AI on the driving experience. Audi’s voice assistant was also built on the Cerence Drive platform, which empowers a conversational mobility assistant and infotainment experience that makes it safer and more natural than ever for drivers to interact with their Audi vehicles.

Extract 2
MBUX system has the ability to learn thanks to artificial intelligence, and can be individualised and adapts to suit the user. It thus aims to creates an emotional connection between the vehicle, driver and passengers. At the same time updates “over the air” are possible. It also heralds a new era at Mercedes me Connectivity.

Its further strengths include the high-resolution Widescreen Cockpit with touchscreen operation, navigation display with augmented reality technology plus intelligent voice control with natural speech recognition, which is activated with the keyword “Hey Mercedes”. MBUX first became available in 2018 in the A-Class before rolling out to additional car lines including the B-Class, GLE and GLC.

Cerence, which recently spun out of Nuance Communications as an independent automotive AI company, is known for its expertise in sophisticated AI, natural language understanding, voice biometrics, gesture and gaze technology and augmented reality. The company is involved in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. It is an innovation partner to the world’s leading automakers, and powers AI in nearly 300 million cars on the road globally across more than 70 languages for nearly every major automaker in the world.

Extract 1

Extract 2

Attachments

• donacion.gif
    donacion.gif
    720.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Quatrojos

Regular
This pretty much sums up the situation I'd say!

So we know that AKIDA is being utitlised for key word spotting in the Mercedes MBUX, so BrainChip is obviously working in collaboration with Cerence. Aside from working with Mercedes, Cerrence is also providing interactive AI to Electric Fiat 500, BMW, and Audi.

In addition, Cerence "is an innovation partner to the world’s leading automakers, and powers AI in nearly 300 million cars on the road globally across more than 70 languages for nearly every major automaker in the world".

IMO naturally!

Extract 1
We are most famous for speech, and recently announced that Cerence is powering the voice and AI-driven features in the Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX). Cerence was also selected by FCA to provide conversational and interactive AI in the new Electric Fiat 500. We are also long time partners with BMW, and just this month we presented our products together to demonstrate our vision for the impact of conversational AI on the driving experience. Audi’s voice assistant was also built on the Cerence Drive platform, which empowers a conversational mobility assistant and infotainment experience that makes it safer and more natural than ever for drivers to interact with their Audi vehicles.

Extract 2
MBUX system has the ability to learn thanks to artificial intelligence, and can be individualised and adapts to suit the user. It thus aims to creates an emotional connection between the vehicle, driver and passengers. At the same time updates “over the air” are possible. It also heralds a new era at Mercedes me Connectivity.

Its further strengths include the high-resolution Widescreen Cockpit with touchscreen operation, navigation display with augmented reality technology plus intelligent voice control with natural speech recognition, which is activated with the keyword “Hey Mercedes”. MBUX first became available in 2018 in the A-Class before rolling out to additional car lines including the B-Class, GLE and GLC.

Cerence, which recently spun out of Nuance Communications as an independent automotive AI company, is known for its expertise in sophisticated AI, natural language understanding, voice biometrics, gesture and gaze technology and augmented reality. The company is involved in creating unique, moving experiences for the automotive world. It is an innovation partner to the world’s leading automakers, and powers AI in nearly 300 million cars on the road globally across more than 70 languages for nearly every major automaker in the world.

Extract 1

Extract 2
'...KT has been undertaking research and development (R&D) jointly with Cerence since 2018 to introduce AI voice recognition connected car solutions tailored to the domestic market. Cerence is a global company that provides voice recognition solutions to global vehicle producers, including Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi and Hyundai Motor.

The AI voice recognition service for Mercedes-Benz is the first outcome of the synergy between KT’s AI voice recognition connected car solutions and Cerence's cloud platform. KT is planning to expand target models and services through continuous cooperation with Cerence...'

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
I

Ilovepie

You know I was thinking. We as human beings we easily get tired of things after a certain of time it is in our nature. You eat a sandwich 1 week straight and you will eventually swap it out with something else. When I think about cars, i see all those new Mercedes AMG's and BMW M6,7,8. It is always the same. I mean ofcourse the design and the horsepower is different but it is still the "same" in my opinion. It is becoming boring. A car which get more and more horsepower doesn't seem like a car in the end. Everything is getting more and more extreme. But with this BRN AKIDA chip it just FOR ME ( this is a feeling ) feels different. It's something new. It's something we haven't seen before. Something maybe everyone wants. Because it's something NEW. it's not just more horsepower or the design but this is completely something else which we haven't seen before. I mean we have seen the voice systems but not as far as good as they say AKIDA is. And it doesn't even stop there like i wrote in my earlier posts i personally ik my opinion can see this chip totally be in every industry. This is just my opinion as always 🙂

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Kaktus112

Unfortunately, BMW and SynSense partnered when it comes to smartcockpit.

Neuromorphic chip developer SynSense steps into the field of smart cockpits by initiating a technological exploration with BMW

CHENGDU, China, April 14, 2022

The world's leading neuromorphic intelligence and solutions provider, SynSense, announced that it will advance the integration of neuromorphic chips and smart cockpits and explore related fields with BMW. This marks the entry point for the application of SynSense's brain-like technology into smart cockpits.

Reactions: 3 users
Unfortunately, BMW and SynSense partnered when it comes to smartcockpit.

Neuromorphic chip developer SynSense steps into the field of smart cockpits by initiating a technological exploration with BMW

CHENGDU, China, April 14, 2022

The world's leading neuromorphic intelligence and solutions provider, SynSense, announced that it will advance the integration of neuromorphic chips and smart cockpits and explore related fields with BMW. This marks the entry point for the application of SynSense's brain-like technology into smart cockpits.
Cars are very complex beasts with lots of moving parts so I do not personally accept that this excludes Brainchip being involved as well.

If Mercedes Benz had only announced working with Cerence we would have had the same idea that you have about BMW. We would have been wrong so I think it is best not to draw any positive conclusions either way about whether BMW is using AKIDA or not.

The thing is this is not even an announcement that BMW is using SynSense it is an announcement that they are "initiating a technological exploration with BMW."

Mercedes initiated a technological exploration with Intel only a year or so ago but announced Brainchip and AKIDA because it was 5 to 10 times more efficient than conventional systems.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
BMW i7 release tonight via livestream

I haven’t seen anything that suggests BrainChip involvement?

Reactions: 5 users

stuart888

Regular
Spiking Neural Processing solutions probably won't be a winner take all. Not sure about all the patient's rights legal stuff. But this tip of the iceberg is true, and Brainchip has a chance to be a big star!

Lots of future customers seem really excited about Akida's "Always-On" feature. A super low-power-brain, that is waiting to process any Spikes that meets the event threshold.

Here is a SynSense Scientist at TinyML highlighting the Always-On solution they offer. Lots of knowledge in here. He starts talking at 8:09 into the video. Hope this helps, Stuart.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom