AVZ Discussion 2022

CashKing

Regular
What’s a baldie like for us east coasters Cash? Looks bit like a black spot tuskie that we get over here,, which are great chewin
Na it was to small I threw the Baldie back , big dog got thrown back also

Reactions: 2 users

Hemicuda

Regular
Na it was to small I threw the Baldie back , big dog got thrown back also
Yeah I’ve never had one, good on the bbq? We don’t get them over here,,,, nice aj in the pic👍👍

CashKing

Regular
Yeah I’ve never had one, good on the bbq? We don’t get them over here,,,, nice aj in the pic👍👍
Anything is good on the bbq, butter ,garlic , foil, 🧑‍🍳👌

Well not anything but the good ones only 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Hemicuda

Regular

cruiser51

Top 20
Reactions: 7 users
*What's the Word i'm looking for to describe this Episode of "DRC Days of Our Lives" :unsure:

GECAMINES/Metakol over-the-counter market: COGEP denounces a shortfall of 2.630 billion on behalf of the Treasury and recommends legal action

The Coalition for the Governance of Public Enterprises (COGEP) denounces a shortfall of 2.630 billion US dollars on behalf of the public treasury, in connection with transactions around mining titles that Gécamines (General of Quarries and Mines) has sold to the company Metalkol, for a derisory sum of 60 million USD.

In its recently published report, COGEP denounces several irregularities, practices of financial embezzlement, corruption and mismanagement that have characterized the partnership relations between Gécamines and its two private partners within two joint ventures formed, namely Metalkol and Evelyne Investistment SA.

Through this report entitled “Gécamines, what does over-the-counter hide?, the COGEP affirms that, the consequences of the repeated violations of the laws, were not only on the legal level, but also caused enormous losses of income for Gécamines and the budget of the State.

For COGEP, Gécamines sold the mining titles at 60 million USD, while their real market value is estimated at 2.690 billion US dollars "This means that the Congolese State has lost 2.630 billion US dollars", can we read in this report.

In this document, COGEP, which points an accusing finger at public officials and political leaders, makes a few observations, namely the fact that the assets are transferred in flagrant violation of the legal and regulatory provisions which impose recourse to the appeal of offers and the approval of the Government in the Council of Ministers, is constitutive on the one hand, of penal offenses because of the legal obligations and, on the other hand, of fault of management because of the dilapidation of the mining assets; illegalities and the opacity that characterized the transactions are akin to financial embezzlement.

At no time were major transactions involving Gécamines in 2017 discussed at the General Assembly.

Further on, COGEP remains of the opinion that the various portfolio and mining ministers as well as the successive heads of government have also assumed their individual responsibilities. but, despite the serious indications described above, no precautionary measure or investigation has been carried out or ordered on this subject.

Indeed, COGEP criticizes the fact that the actions taken by the authorities with regard to the transfer of mining titles to Metalkol, which is a non-existent company, constitutes a conscious and criminal will to violate the laws or negligence which are personally attributable to them.

Consequently, COGEP recommends that the judicial authorities initiate, each as far as it is concerned, legal proceedings against the agents of Gécamines and the successive ministers suspected of being perpetrators or accomplices of fraud, embezzlement of public funds and acts of corruption inherent in improper disposals of mining assets; initiate, each as far as it is concerned, legal proceedings against the effective and legal owners of Metalkol and Evelyne Investment suspected of being perpetrators or accomplices of embezzlement of public funds and acts of corruption inherent in the irregular and fraudulent acquisitions of mining assets; adapt the existing incomplete legal framework with emphasis on the system of sanctions in terms of corruption, financial embezzlement and the squandering of public assets, in particular public mining assets.

View attachment 7302

View attachment 7305

Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out :unsure:

View attachment 7303
'Like sand through an hour glass' ⏳

Reactions: 5 users
I would love to know what is going on behind the scenes as well . But I think Zinjin/Hayou/China would LOVE to know even more so what Nigel & the lawyers plans are .... which is why there is silence . Speaking of silence , out of all the interested/competing parties I don't think we have heard 1 word from Mr Pei/CATH ? I would have thought a major supportive partner (non govt) would have come out with some sort of statement in support of AVZ & Nigel by now . I will bet my last dollar that they are intrinsically involved in this mess unfortunately . I would love either the USA with all the dollars they want to spend internationally on strategic minerals , or the Europeans to come on board so Nigel can tell Mr Pei his dollars aren't required & we will be taking this project forward with a more preferred partner . As far as I'm concerned the deal with Mr Pei shouldn't proceed until it is set in stone that we will end up with no less than 51% at the completion of all transactions .
Im of a similar opinion. CATH dropped any conditions several months ago. I think they knew what was up and dropped all conditions so the transaction would proceed and they get their 24%. We all wondered why they didnt give us the cheque at the time. Looking back, CATH wanted to I think. But AVZ in fact are possibly the ones slowing things down for the time being. If thats the case, AVZ were aware enough of the situation not to take the deal (yet) and CATH may have had ulterior motives. China is China first and foremost.

I think Nige is the one holding off and rightly so. Because regardless of what scenario plays out we get to hold a minimum of 51%, something Z have factored in. And we as shareholders just need to buy into the loss of revenue from CATH (plus the $20M forfeiture).. So there are options regardless of how this plays out. Strong shareholders will mean a strong AVZ outcome regardless.

Reactions: 4 users

TDITD

Top 20
If anyone needs cheering up this morning, get a load of DRCs rising stand up comedian......

oh the irony, irony, irony ;)

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Samus

Top 20
Very suspicious :unsure:

• Thinking

LX600

Regular

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

LX600

Regular

TDITD

Top 20
I think the bloomberg one is much better than the AFR one.
I think its clear neither have done any actual research or investigation into the boatman report and have simply copy pasted, yes the bloomberg one adds a little to 'pretend' it didn't copy paste from dingychild....oops I mean boatman.
The lack of reporting on IGF report is telling, as is the lack of mention of AVZs offer to cominiere that was far superior to Zijins, also no mention of Zijins past actions or AVZs communication with the Government and being the only inclusion on battery council.

Reactions: 13 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
God can you guys calm down, I just had to read like 8 pages to catch up. Lets see if I got everything...

Diamond hands, fuck China, Cash bbq'd some fish (very jealous of the lobster), we could have a mole, Kabila of all people is going to save DRC from foreign bribery and exploitation and again, fuck China somethings just need to be repeated.

Labour are in power here in Aus, what are your guys thoughts on that/what do you see happening to the ASX come next week with this change?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Samus

Top 20
God can you guys calm down, I just had to read like 8 pages to catch up. Lets see if I got everything...

Diamond hands, fuck China, Cash bbq'd some fish (very jealous of the lobster), we could have a mole, Kabila of all people is going to save DRC from foreign bribery and exploitation and again, fuck China somethings just need to be repeated.
Pretty confident about the mole at this point :unsure:

• Thinking
  • Wow

Samus

Top 20
<iframe src="https://hotcrapper.com.au/threads/running-discussion-on-sp.4111732/?post_id=61548307&embed=1" width="500" height="686" style="border:1px solid #DADADA;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
:rolleyes: lol

hc.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Hemicuda

Regular
  • Love
  • Haha

CashKing

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
<iframe src="https://hotcrapper.com.au/threads/running-discussion-on-sp.4111732/?post_id=61548307&embed=1" width="500" height="686" style="border:1px solid #DADADA;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
:rolleyes: lol

View attachment 7335

That link appears very broken to me @zeebot might want to take a look.

I found my way to the post though, YUGE IF TRUE!

giphy.gif

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom