AITRIOS

uiux

Regular

1647431147533.png

Sony readies subscription service for AI product developers

The high-quality AI image sensor will also decrease the need to rely solely on cloud systems. The IMX500 chip can control the volume of data and therefore is able to reduce transmission latency and power consumption. It can also alleviate the privacy concerns that come with using cloud services.

Eita Yanagisawa, the senior general manager at a division of Sony Semiconductor Solutions, said the intention is for the platform to eventually be "compatible not only with the IMX500 but also with a diverse range of sensors provided by Sony."

Sony Semiconductor Solutions and Microsoft Japan accelerate the development of solutions using AI cameras at the Joint Innovation Lab

---

Co-Innovation Lab of Microsoft and Sony Semiconductor Solutions

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

butcherano

Regular
G'day @uiux. This is a great thread....can I just add a few things for discussion.

Firstly, I think the potential for Akdia to be used in the IMX500 sensors kind of dropped off our (my) radar because Sony announced this range of intelligent sensors back in mid-2020. I assumed that these were already on the market and we should be seeing some sort of revenue or announcement if we were in fact involved. But the reality is that these sensors are only just being rolled out to development partners....

1647466622769.png

Next one, which I originally thought was going to be a negative, actually sounds quite promising. This is a recent link to Xailient being used on the IMX500 sensor. But bear with me....I do actually have a positive spin from this.

If you go to the AI accelerator case study on the Xalient website, there's some great benchmarking which shows massive improvements when Xailent is combined with a neural network accelerator.

1647467198265.png

1647467412101.png

So is there a possibility that Sony have combined Xailient in this case with Akida as the AI processor on board the IMX500 sensor? Bloody hope so.

Just one other great comment from Xailient that I thought I'd finish with, which I'm sure Brainchip would echo if we are involved....

1647467809022.png

Attachments

• 1647467758788.png
    1647467758788.png
    9 KB · Views: 46
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

uiux

Regular
G'day @uiux. This is a great thread....can I just add a few things for discussion.

Firstly, I think the potential for Akdia to be used in the IMX500 sensors kind of dropped off our (my) radar because Sony announced this range of intelligent sensors back in mid-2020. I assumed that these were already on the market and we should be seeing some sort of revenue or announcement if we were in fact involved. But the reality is that these sensors are only just being rolled out to development partners....

View attachment 2666

Next one, which I originally thought was going to be a negative, actually sounds quite promising. This is a recent link to Xailient being used on the IMX500 sensor. But bear with me....I do actually have a positive spin from this.

If you go to the AI accelerator case study on the Xalient website, there's some great benchmarking which shows massive improvements when Xailent is combined with a neural network accelerator.

View attachment 2667

View attachment 2668

So is there a possibility that Sony have combined Xailient in this case with Akida as the AI processor on board the IMX500 sensor? Bloody hope so.

Just one other great comment from Xailient that I thought I'd finish with, which I'm sure Brainchip would echo if we are involved....

View attachment 2670

I am along the same lines as you, but I'd imagine a product like IMX_00 or IMX_00+ with Akida IP, eliminating the need for an external accelerator

Reactions: 5 users

uiux

Regular
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

uiux

Regular

View attachment 2666

View attachment 2667

View attachment 2668

View attachment 2670

Butch, just to clarify

I think xalient might be helping them squeeze some useful functionality out of a lack lustre processor on the IMX500

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom