John25

Regular
As i see it we have only 5-6 weeks left …interesting times ahead
1E4D7972-0511-43EB-9E56-48C40868B543.png

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

SilentOne

Regular
Its not over until the Fat Lady Sings - no point in speculating and working people up - lets wait and see.

In my opinion getting the last round of drilling results in not only further confirmed the significant increase in resources it further focused the worlds attention on Manono and its future value - The US, Europe and other nations are not going to allow the Chinese to steal the mine nor are they going to allow them to control the lithium spot market.

Speculation serves no purpose - in my opinion.

Regards,

SilentOne - do your own research

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Tommy@afr

Regular
Pretty sure statements around being out of cash are inaccurate. Halt announcement states solution by September 2024. Be nice to see board step down while there is nothing to do but suck down our $$$

Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Prime Minister: Mrs. Judith Suminwa appointed Prime Minister

Originally from Kongo-Central, Mrs. Judith Suminwa Tuluka is appointed Prime Minister this Monday, April 1, 2024 by the Head of State Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo.

The announcement was made on the national channel by spokesperson Tina Salama.

Until before her appointment, Mrs. Suminwa was Minister of Planning in the Sama 2 government.

She will now occupy this position, replacing Sama Lukonde, the now former Prime Minister.

It should be noted that this is for the first time that a woman has been appointed to the Prime Minister in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Judith Suminwa: “I know that the task is great, the challenges are immense but together with the Head of State,…, we will get there”

Aware of the new responsibilities that await them at the Prime Minister's Office, the new Prime Minister of the DRC, Judith Suminwa Tuluka, for her first words, affirmed that the Head of State Félix-Antoine can count on his loyalty to help him to lead the country towards its development.

The one who was minister of planning in the Sama 2 government, also had a pious thought towards all the Congolese victims of insecurity in the East of the DRC.

“I am aware of the great responsibility that is mine, I indicated to the Head of State that he could count on my loyalty to help him carry out the development of our very dear country and that we can on the basis of his commitments that he defined at the time of his inauguration, to work for peace and development in the DRC, that the Congolese people can benefit from this country, from the resources which were given to us by the lord", said Prime Minister Judith Suminwa Tuluka

And added: “I know that the task is great, the challenges are immense, but together with the Head of State, with the support of our government, of all the institutions as well as the support of the Congolese population , we'll make it.

My thoughts go to the East and to all corners of the country which, today, are faced with conflicts facing enemies who are sometimes hidden, who do not reveal themselves, but who we will find, who we will pursue in one way or another, I think of this entire population, my heart goes out to them.”

Note that Judith Suminwa Tuluka is the first woman to occupy the position of Prime Minister in the history of the DRC.

mediacongo

"My thoughts go to the East and to all corners of the country which, today, are faced with conflicts facing enemies who are sometimes hidden, who do not reveal themselves, but who we will find, who we will pursue in one way or another"

Zijin / Cominiere / Chyna are your enemies muppet !

Will you pursue them ?

Reactions: 6 users
What do people make of this post.. It seems that the political mess is far from being resolved anytime soon.. Could Locke be waiting for more clarity on formation of government etc.?

1712028512517.png

• Thinking
  • Love

cruiser51

Top 20
News

DR Congo president names Judith Suminwa Tuluka as first woman PM​

Judith Suminwa says she will work for peace and the development of the country, after being appointed by President Tshisekedi.

1712028998938.png

Judith Suminwa Tuluka is the The Democratic Republic of Congo's first woman prime minister [X/@SuminwaJudith]
Published On 1 Apr 20241 Apr 2024

Democratic Republic of Congo’s President Felix Tshisekedi has appointed the country’s first-ever female prime minister, naming planning minister Judith Suminwa to the role.
An economist, she takes over as prime minister from Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde, following Tshisekedi’s sweeping re-election as president on December 20.

KEEP READING​

list of 4 itemslist 1 of 4

Photos: UN peacekeepers begin pullout from DR Congo’s restive east

list 2 of 4

The Take: What’s behind the armed conflict in eastern DR Congo?

list 3 of 4

Democratic Republic of Congo is facing a humanitarian crisis

list 4 of 4

Crisis in eastern DR Congo

end of list

Tshisekedi’s inauguration for a second term in January kick-started a lengthy search for a majority coalition in the National Assembly – a key step before a prime minister could be named and a government formed.
“I am aware of the great responsibility … We will work for peace and the development of the country,” Suminwa said on national television on Monday.
Tshisekedi officially triumphed with 73.47 percent of the vote in December, and the election passed largely peacefully in a country long torn by violence and instability.
The opposition branded the ballot a sham.
Voting was officially extended by a day due to logistical snarls, and polls were open for days afterwards in remote areas.

PM’s challenges​

Parties supporting Tshisekedi garnered more than 90 percent of the seats in parliament, allowing him to legislate with ease.
Advertisement

The new prime minister will be tasked with pushing the president’s declared priorities of employment, youth, women and national cohesion for the nation of about 100 million people.
Tshisekedi first became president in 2019 promising to improve living conditions in the DR Congo – which boasts mineral riches but has a largely impoverished population – and put an end to 25 years of bloodshed in the east.

1712029355554.png

The president failed to keep those promises, but he campaigned for a second term on his achievements such as free primary medication, asking for another mandate to “consolidate” the progress.
According to the United Nations, some seven million people have been internally displaced by conflict in the DR Congo, one of the world’s poorest countries.
The security situation has worsened in North Kivu province, where a Rwanda-backed rebel group M23 has seized swathes of territory over the last two years.

Judith Tuluka​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Judith Tuluka Suminwa is a Congolese politician. She served as Minister of Planning in the Lukonde government. She was appointed as Prime Minister on 1 April 2024, becoming the first woman to serve in the role.[1][2]
Tuluka obtained a master's degree in applied economics at the Free University of Brussels and a diploma of additional studies in Work in developing countries.

She worked in the banking sector before joining United Nations agencies including UNDP where she was a national expert in a community support project in the east of the country. She then worked in the office of the Ministry of the Budget before becoming the deputy coordinator of the Presidential Strategic Watch Council (CPVS).
Tuluka was appointed Minister of Planning in the Sama Lukonde government on March 24, 2023.[3]

Interesting to see what the rest of the government looks like and how it effects Manono.

cruiser51

Top 20
Pinned

KIKI KIENGE
@KiengeKki
·
8h

[Vidéo] Quoi attendre de Judith #Tuluka Suminwa la nouvelle PM et première femme a avoir occupé ce poste en RD Congo. Originaire du Kongo Centrale, ancien ministre du Plan, a aussi exercé au cabinet du ministère du Budget avant de devenir la coordonnatrice adjointe du CPVS.

[Video] What to expect from Judith #Tuluka Suminwa, the new PM and first woman to have held this position in DR Congo. Originally from Kongo Centrale, former Minister of Planning, also worked in the office of the Ministry of Budget before becoming the deputy coordinator of the CPVS.

With many thanks to Paul for the translation.

Reactions: 5 users

Tommy@afr

Regular
Wouldn't AVZ leave the option to trade again open (CR ) in the event other options fail ? The new dead line for Locke takes us into delisting territory . Surely trading again is being considered a last resort if needed .
A good thought but I doubt we would be able to list on ASX as misleading statements put management up against disclosure laws. They can’t say “spurious in nature”. (Edit) as it appears at the moment that The claims had deep and true grounding in fact. Not that they weren’t corrupt or manipulative but they certainly are not spurious claims until proven to be by the awarding of an ML, which leaves them basically on the books misleading shareholders. Additionally they don’t have strong legal title over the mine anymore. Not trying to be a downer. But I think we are going down with the ship. I hope Nigel has the stones to buy us all a pint and apologise

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

LzrTr8dr

Regular
Wouldn't AVZ leave the option to trade again open (CR ) in the event other options fail ? The new dead line for Locke takes us into delisting territory . Surely trading again is being considered a last resort if needed .
We would be too late to relist by that deadline considering the hoops to jump through in order to be ASX-compliant again would we not?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

LOCKY82

Regular

Reactions: 1 users
Locke is potentially awaiting outcome of Fat Tail court case, as the court case was meant to be done and dusted by now, but Fat Tail have delayed it 2 or 3 times now. Next court date is scheduled for this Thursday

Reactions: 5 users

BRICK

Regular
Locke is potentially awaiting outcome of Fat Tail court case, as the court case was meant to be done and dusted by now, but Fat Tail have delayed it 2 or 3 times now. Next court date is scheduled for this Thursday
Their Chinese masters are teaching them the ways....

• Sad

Doc

Master of Quan
We relist now we won’t be worth 20mil in a month

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
We relist now we won’t be worth 20mil in a month
Surely the board just buy up all the shares if they actually believe in the company to protect it from evil groups

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

SilentOne

Regular
A good thought but I doubt we would be able to list on ASX as misleading statements put management up against disclosure laws. They can’t say “spurious in nature”. (Edit) as it appears at the moment that The claims had deep and true grounding in fact. Not that they weren’t corrupt or manipulative but they certainly are not spurious claims until proven to be by the awarding of an ML, which leaves them basically on the books misleading shareholders. Additionally they don’t have strong legal title over the mine anymore. Not trying to be a downer. But I think we are going down with the ship. I hope Nigel has the stones to buy us all a pint and apologise
Tommy,

I disagree. My thoughts are the announcements were based on the laws of the DRC and the belief that they would be enforced. I dont believe the Board would have known that the shenanigans that have gone on would have had legs. Both the ICC and the ICSID have on the face of it supported AVZ, AVZI & Dathcom todate.

Lets not forget the investigation of the IGF and that the World Bank is holding back billions of dollars.

For the DRC to ignore the ruling of the ICSID would not be in their interest especially it being affiliated with the World Bank.

Lets wait for things to play out.

Regards,

SilentOne - Do your own research and come to your own conclusions

Last edited:
Reactions: 25 users

Doc

Master of Quan
If it came down to it , is trading better than extinction ?
In all honestly they are one and the same imo. What do you think happens to a company on the ASX with no money, 4B shares on issue and no clearly defined asset?
None of us will be able to sell shares.
I’m hoping ICC rule in AVZ’s favor for the penalty incurred to date ( is there a date set for this yet to be heard? ). DRC won’t pay it but when given a bill of ten of millions they’ll have to start noticing and that judgment would go a long way to Locke loaning us that 20mil IMO.

Reactions: 15 users

cruiser51

Top 20
When asked in January when do we start trading Graeme Johnston replied ," We are working on it ."
He would have been pretty stupid if he would have said we are not working on that.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work that out.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tonster66

Regular
I would not like it but I would put in a 1k to keep us going, isnt there something like a bond the company can issue?

• Thinking

Hudnut

Regular
The size of the fines are already substantial . Locke will want to be assured they are enforceable .

Which has already been the subject of much discussion here on TSE.
I hope they have better clarity on that than I do.

Tommy@afr

Regular
My thoughts are the announcements were based on the laws of the DRC and the belief that they would be enforced. I dont believe the Board would have known that the shenanigans that have gone on would have had legs.
You are again correct, i always forget that the DRC are contravening their own law for this insanity. It’s such a wild reality I keep using logic to justify my position but fail to recognise this govt exists outside of it! Wild times. Play out indeed. Wise words.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom