PERMITS

Semmel

Regular
A black day for bullshit arguments indeed. :) Very happy that logic has prevailed. :)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
1680706950805.png

"ENVIRONMENTAL STATUS DONE

Talga responds to concerns: We are confident with the process​

Published today at 16.33
  • It was an environmental permit with restrictions that was submitted to the mining company Talga on Wednesday.
  • The company wants to start a graphite mine outside Vittangi, in Kiruna municipality, and the permit from the Land and Environment Court gives the company the right to mine, but only during the summer.
  • "This should very well work," says Talga's board chairman Per-Erik Lindvall."

https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/talga-bemoter-oron-vi-ar-trygga-med-processen

1680707130028.png

"ENVIRONMENTAL STATUS DONE

Vittangi residents about the mining decision: It feels too damned​

Published today at 12:25 p.m
  • "It's too damned," says Whittaker resident U. L. He and H. R. receive today's announcement from the Land and Environmental Court with sadness.
  • Australia-headquartered company Talga receives environmental approval for a graphite mine outside Vittangi – a step closer to mining although much remains to be done.
  • Local people are concerned about polluted water and destroyed nature, with consequences for future generations."https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/vittangibor-om-gruvbeslutet-det-kanns-for-javligt
https://sverigesradio.se/artikel/vittangibor-om-gruvbeslutet-det-kanns-for-javligt

Reactions: 2 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
They want to use the graphite in so-called anodes
The language of journalism often astounds me. Journalists can twist words for their own meaning.

What is “so-called” about anodes?

Yes! They are anodes and so they are called!

Calling them anything else would plainly be wrong.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
The language of journalism often astounds me. Journalists can twist words for their own meaning.

The problem is that through the usual media no citizen can find out what it is really about, but only learns about the fears. But maybe that will change soon. I have more than once been surprised by the plans in Talgas back hands (?). Maybe this time too. Maybe the company didn't want to give the wrong impression and preferred to keep quiet. I also assume that many people will now take notice and question the court's decision, but also the attitude of the nay-sayers neither of which really fits in with the image in the media.. We will see.
But at the end of the day the smallest part of the population knows what anodes are and that raw material mining can be positive for the environment.
I don't care, I know what's coming and I'm much more used to it from my other two stocks. All revolutionary and yet almost invisible.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Now, in any case, they would have to come up with something new for the appeal that the court hasn't already considered in order to move up a notch. Otherwise, the objection would have to be rejected. At least that's how I understand it. Delay included but let's see if they still have dry powder and what role the party vote in Kiruna plays there. We will see.

• Fire

beserk

Regular
Hi cosors

have you read my attempt of political analysis on the local playground ie Kiruna municipal council, the big kids basket ball court ie Swedish Riksdag, the soccer ground of the professional team the EU commision and the BIG LEAGUE, sorry should be BIGLY geopolitical cricketground of China, Russia, US and eu?

Even St Greta appears in a rainbow coloured jersey at the end. Oh what horror...

Screenshot_20230406_042608_Google.jpg

-beserk

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
Hi cosors

have you read my attempt of political analysis on the local playground ie Kiruna municipal council, the big kids basket ball court ie Swedish Riksdag, the soccer ground of the professional team the EU commision and the BIG LEAGUE, sorry should be BIGLY geopolitical cricketground of China, Russia, US and eu?

Even St Greta appears in a rainbow coloured jersey at the end. Oh what horror...

View attachment 33740

-beserk
I don't give it much thought. Jurisprudence follows clear rules in a constitutional state. I have now spent years reading in these camps. That has now come to an end. I no longer put myself through the despair. Or only rarely in the future. Once the matter is through every demo would be obstructive and therefore illegal. But I am not a lawyer. I celebrate today first.

Reactions: 4 users

beserk

Regular
Yes lets celebrate every victory on the way to $ 100 SP!

- beserk

cosors

👀
Yes lets celebrate every victory on the way to $ 100 SP!

- beserk
~400k were traded so far here in Germany and! 750k at the OTC!
Gives a nice push for you and the ASX I think.

manny100

Regular
Great news.
Another big milestone ticked off on our journey.

• Fire
Now, in any case, they would have to come up with something new for the appeal that the court hasn't already considered in order to move up a notch. Otherwise, the objection would have to be rejected. At least that's how I understand it. Delay included but let's see if they still have dry powder and what role the party vote in Kiruna plays there. We will see.
That's how it works in Australia.

If you appeal you generally appear before a judge of let's say the Supreme Court who then determines if your appeal has merit. If it does not have merit you are denied an appeal hearing. It is not an automatic right to a hearing.

Even then most appeals if they get past this stage end up being thrown out. Judges are generally very reluctant to over rule their colleagues in a lower court

That's how it works in Australia.

If you appeal you generally appear before a judge of let's say the Supreme Court who then determines if your appeal has merit. If it does not have merit you are denied an appeal hearing. It is not an automatic right to a hearing.

Even then most appeals if they get past this stage end up being thrown out. Judges are generally very reluctant to over rule their colleagues in a lower court
This is interesting..................

The rate of successful appeals in Australia is around 20%. The rate in California with a completely different justice system is also 20%

• Wow
  • Thinking

JNRB

Regular
'

'Anode' is an additive to fossil fuels. It reacts with the fuel to create a psycho-active compound in the vehicles emissions. This compound is the worst greenhouse gas in existence, but it is used by governments and companies because it has the side effect of pacifying the population. Until the 2010's the existence of Anodes was purely hypothetical but it turns out companies have known about them for decades and covered it up.

Not hard to find this stuff out, I managed to learn all of that just on social media. Didn't even have to look at Wikipedia. I can see why the Sami are concerned.

• Haha
  • Wow
'

'Anode' is an additive to fossil fuels. It reacts with the fuel to create a psycho-active compound in the vehicles emissions. This compound is the worst greenhouse gas in existence, but it is used by governments and companies because it has the side effect of pacifying the population. Until the 2010's the existence of Anodes was purely hypothetical but it turns out companies have known about them for decades and covered it up.

Not hard to find this stuff out, I managed to learn all of that just on social media. Didn't even have to look at Wikipedia. I can see why the Sami are concerned.
Yeah when you look up in the sky and see a plane often you will see vapour trails

I see chemtrails...............................because it's Them spraying us again

This is my wife's reaction

Karla Souza Comedy GIF by ABC Network

• Haha

cosors

👀

"European Critical Raw Materials Act​

The court's announcement stressed that the process had taken longer because of the cross-border consultation with the Finns. At the same time I fished out this statement from an environmental lawyer:

"The EU Commission yesterday presented its proposal for a new regulation (EU law that comes into force directly in the member states) on critical raw materials. Have now read the proposal with great concern.
The proposal includes among others:
* Critical raw materials include lithium, cobalt, copper, nickel and rare earths.
* The EU Commission can decide, after an application has been submitted, that certain projects around these raw materials are to be considered strategic raw material projects
* Strategic projects must be considered to be of such "imperative public interest" that exemptions can be granted under the Species and Habitats Directive, the Birds Directive and the Water Framework Directive
* Strategic projects must receive the cream of the crop and be prioritised in the review process
* Strategic projects must be approved within 24 months if extraction is involved and within 12 months if enrichment or recycling is involved
* Strategic projects must also be prioritised in planning.
The proposal also contains several provisions on financing, etc.
If the proposal is adopted by Council and Parliament, there is now a risk that several Swedish mining projects will apply and become such strategic projects that the regulation talks about. In that case, it would be much more difficult to stop even such mining activities that cause great damage to Natura 2000 sites and water quality/quantity.
We can hope that the proposal will not be adopted, but unfortunately it is probably a vain hope."

This made me look closer and indeed:

"Article 9

Priority status of Strategic Projects

1. For the purpose of ensuring efficient administrative processing of the permitting processes related to Strategic Projects in the Union, project promoters and all authorities concerned shall ensure that those processes are treated in the most rapid way possible in accordance with Union and national law.

2. Without prejudice to obligations provided for in Union law, Strategic Projects in the Union shall be granted the status of the highest national significance possible, where such a status exists in national law, and be treated accordingly in the permit granting processes.

3. All dispute resolution procedures, litigation, appeals and judicial remedies related to the permit-granting process and the issuance of permits for Strategic Projects in the Union in front of any national courts, tribunals, panels, including mediation or arbitration, where they exist in national law, shall be treated as urgent, if and to the extent to which national law provides for such urgency procedures and provided that the normally applicable rights of defence of individuals or of local communities would be respected. Project promoters of Strategic Projects shall participate in such urgency procedure, where applicable.

Article 10

Duration of the permit granting process

1. For Strategic Projects in the Union, the permit granting process shall not exceed:

(a) 24 months for Strategic Projects involving extraction;

(b) 12 months for Strategic Projects only involving processing or recycling.

2. For Strategic Projects in the Union that had entered in the permit granting process before being granted the status of Strategic Project, the duration of the remaining steps of the permit granting process after the project is granted strategic status shall, in derogation from paragraph 1, not exceed:

(a)21 months for Strategic Projects involving extraction;

..."

and we know:
"The following raw materials shall be considered critical:
(v) Natural Graphite

..."

and that's new for me:

"The following raw materials shall be considered strategic:
(j) Natural Graphite - battery grade"

The entire proposal:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52023PC0160

The time is ticking and the pressure is mounting not against us but for us.
Perhaps the EU has more influence on the process than I had previously thought. I am curious about the next strategic steps regarding the appeal, but also calm.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Semmel

Regular
What that means is, that if Talga were to file for an extension, say, a 400ktpa u der ground mine covering all of Nunasvaara and Niska, they would get their permission within 2 years and there is nothing environmental groups could throw at it to stop it if done properly (like our current proposal). Obviously i don't want a natural catastrophe developing in talgas mines, so they better do a good job in protecting the environment. But at the same time, i don't want reindeers stand in the way either as there are reasonable solutions available. Like underground vertical mining that we had here not so long ago. This gives us a lot of tail wind.

The question will still be how quickly Talga will succeed in submitting and enforcing the permits for further expansion stages (e.g. Niska Expansion) and by when the production volume can actually be ramped up accordingly. I understand the problem, "we have to learn to stand before we can walk and run", but I still wonder what year and what production volume is realistic. I always found the wording "expansion commences 2025/26" too vague, I really hope we will see more concrete plans this year. Nevertheless, the tailwinds are stronger than ever and it's good to see some progress.

• Fire
At least Mark likes the launch of rockets ;)

Screenshot_20230406_125015_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Affenhorst

Regular
The question will still be how quickly Talga will succeed in submitting and enforcing the permits for further expansion stages (e.g. Niska Expansion) and by when the production volume can actually be ramped up accordingly. I understand the problem, "we have to learn to stand before we can walk and run", but I still wonder what year and what production volume is realistic. I always found the wording "expansion commences 2025/26" too vague, I really hope we will see more concrete plans this year. Nevertheless, the tailwinds are stronger than ever and it's good to see some progress.
Well, at one point in the past they stated that they were gonna apply for the Niska environmental permit soon after the initial Vittangi one is granted.

Well, at one point in the past they stated that they were gonna apply for the Niska environmental permit soon after the initial Vittangi one is granted.
In September 2021 they stated: "In addition, exploitation concession applications have been submitted over the Niska North, Niska South and Nunasvaara North deposits of the Vittangi project (see Fig 2 and 3)." But I'm not sure what kind of applications that were and if it covers the environmental part and Natura 2000, I would think no, as they probably haven't decided yet if they want to do underground mining or not.

Screenshot_20230406_142401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Top Bottom