Companies Vying For Manono
GEUMYANG / KUMYANG
- KANUKA MINING
- FORCE COMMODITIES (ASX: 4CE)
- CRITICAL RESOURCES LIMITED (CCR)
- MINING MINERAL RESOURCES (MMR)

news.mtn.co.kr

금양, 아프리카 리튬 확보 '첫 발'…콩고 리튬 광산 개발 MOU

금양이 콩고민주공화국 마노노(Manono) 광산 개발 및 소유의 권리를 획득하기 위한 MOU를 현지 자원개발회사와 체력했다고 12일 밝혔다.마노노 광산은 콩고민주공화국 동남부 탄자
news.mtn.co.kr

Critical Resources

www.criticalresources.com.au

Attachments​

• E14E9004-2F77-41BE-8F07-9273261461C7.jpeg
    E14E9004-2F77-41BE-8F07-9273261461C7.jpeg
    893.2 KB · Views: 17
  • C48514D4-E1BE-4862-A351-B167708DEC79.jpeg
    C48514D4-E1BE-4862-A351-B167708DEC79.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 4518FE52-A19B-482A-8435-CB44362CD657.jpeg
    4518FE52-A19B-482A-8435-CB44362CD657.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 16
  • CE5DC970-1D61-4EE3-B698-C51308B9011B.jpeg
    CE5DC970-1D61-4EE3-B698-C51308B9011B.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 8CE0EE30-3335-42BB-9F98-057703837937.png
    8CE0EE30-3335-42BB-9F98-057703837937.png
    795.5 KB · Views: 11

Reactions: 1 users
Xerof Posted
4CE, now CRR, used to have the tenements now owned by Kanuka, with whom Kumyang have just signed the MOU.

I don't know for sure but they had 2 blocks, and now seem not to have any interest in either

I vaguely remember something about being uneconomic, walked away, and/or brown paper bags got in the way

Reactions: 1 users
Retrobyte Posted
The few high grade rockchips were not backed up when drilled. I was in 4CE as well at the time. It was a duster.

CheckRaiseFold Posted

Below all my interpretation and my opinion

PART A) Zijin claim to have purchased the remainder 15% off Cominiere.

If ICC did not think there was a case then they would have sided with Zijin in saying "yes you have legally purchased Cominiere's 15% stake in Dathcom. So, yes this initial ruling to take on the case is a favourable outcome for AVZ in the fact it confirms we have a case in arguing our pre-emptive rights under the Dathcom JV were breached. On top of that IGF report clearly states the corrupt dealings, only partial payment and under-valuation of that purported sale to Zijin. Note, we never owner that 15% and it was always subject to Cominiere accepting the best offer. We just never got to make our offer. Despite some saying we offer cash and a stake in AVZ (will need FIRB agreement I think) we do not know for sure what or how competitive our offer is. because we never owned that 15% this ICC case can drag on for a long time and would not affect us coming out of suspension.

PART B) Dathomir claim to unwind 15% Dathcom sale (or wanting more money)
This is more important than Part B. What I have pieced together over time is that AVZ did complete and pay the SPA moneys in time last year to legally acquire the 10% plus 5% stake in Dathcom from Dathomir. My understanding is that those moneys have been placed in some holding account or escrow and for some reason Dathomir has not taken receipt of those funds therefore their request to DRC tribunal for interim suspension of payments from those 'holding accounts' because they now do not agree to the sale price or they do not want to sell them, with the latter reason being of more concern IMO. AVZ simply says: "not of our concern, we have paid in time as per SPA in the designated account; nothing to see here".

So where are we on the all important ML??
The annual report stating 100% confidence in finalising the Collaboration Agreement reminded me again of how instrumental that document is to unlock everything. It is a legally binding Joint Venture Operating agreement on how the Dathcom Joint Venture will work for the next many years of mining. Who pays for what and what the respective parties rights and obligations are. Most likely the SEZ terms and conditions will feature in this, as does the much debated PE geographic extend (All of RD and all of CDL??). I know from experience that drafting, translating, negotiating, these type of documents take a very long time, you want this done right and using multiple languages further delay this process.

So a positive outcome for me would be:

1) Announce the signing of the Collaboration agreement and completion of the SEZ.

2) Receive somehow from some institution in DRC that we can indeed ignore the Dathomir tribunal ruling as having no legal merit and thereby confirm 75% Dathcom ownership, i.e. just move on.

3) Dathcom receive the ML (even with parts of CDL not included)

4) Dathcom receive a new PR for Northern part CDL and Northern extension under a new 5 year PR

5) continue ICC arbitration and government negotiations on remainder of 15% Dathcom stake from Cominiere

6) Update on funding and FID expectations

IMO This is something AVZ can go into a roadshow/AGM with, anything less will be poorly received. (Note I have left put the TO or buy-out scenarios not to muddy it all - but this is ofcourse also still possible and items 1) through 5) would still be needed IMO before anybody would do a BO or TO)

Reactions: 4 users
11/07/2023
Cruiser Posted

Re the two prior posts

Kiki does a great job, but he's years behind the eight ball on that Zijin news release. We have discussed that article every groundhog day since it was published, and determined:

Firstly, we observed that Zijin were reluctant to specify EXACTLY which tenements they "purchased shares from COMINIERE" in. Of course it was 13359, and they knew it was illegal. They only started mentioning it when they were outed

Secondly, they made a typo when mentioning the Cooperation Agreement signed with COMINIERE and wrote 13427 instead of 13247. This was never corrected. I think that was a genuine error

Some of you here held shares in Force I think. Do any of you know how they lost those tenements? I seem to recall they just walked away, saying there was nothing of interest found, but would be happy for Kiki to uncover more dodgy manoeuvres between those two

Cohen seems to also be confused saying the request for an extension by ICC will be refused, as in fact it has already been agreed to - now September/October, as announced by AVZ a couple of weeks ago. But I agree with his sentiment - they are running scared, delaying and will lose badly
Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 10.20.48 am.png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 10.12.40 am.png

I don't know the exact time, but 4CE morphed into CRR.

In the end of March 2022 quarterly report CRR reported

6. MALAWI & DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
The Company has completed the cancellation of mineral interests in relation to its projects in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Malawi.

Going back in history 4CE reported that limited exploration had been carried out, but it shifted its focus to more promising prospects due to the significant detoriation in lithium spodumene demand.
Which was at that time.

It looks like 4CE kicked the tires at the Kitotolo and Kanuka tenements, looked with watery eyes at AVZ and were of the opinion that 4CE was wasting time and money in the DRC and had better things to do.

So that highly likely explains why Zijin is much more interested in a proven resource and quietly thinks fuck drilling holes for a joke, those silly Aussies did that for us. Let's start digging!

And Cominiere collected the US$200,000 from 4CE as per previous reports. ( AVZ paid about 33 times more for 13359!)

I don't know if they onsold the tenements to Zijin, but their activities were limited to exploring how much money they could rip out of the system.

That is why Cominiere calls itself an exploration company.

1689141579539.png

Reactions: 2 users
06/09/2023
Sammael Posted

NEWSECONOMY

Where are we with the memorandum of understanding on lithium from Manono of the public company RD Congo with the Koreans of Kum Yang?​

September 6, 2023
Kiki Kienge
“As members of the Congolese Civil Society, we want the Congolese population to be informed of the true value of the mining assets to be transferred to the trading firm Kum Yang in the name of the agreement signed and announced yesterday by the Korean media. If it is a public company that has signed the agreement to transfer its shares, the population deserves to know the mining Permit(s) concerned, its (their) location(s) in relation to the mining Permits other companies to avoid unnecessary conflicts and especially not to continually block the Dathcom Mining project eagerly awaited by the populations of Manono. » Declaration of civil society organizations and platforms.
It is a memorandum of understanding that has almost gone unnoticed by the Congolese population, an agreement for the exploitation of lithium in Manono in the province of Tanganyika by the Koreans of the trading firm, Kum Yang with a Congolese "public company" , signed on October 12, 2022 by both parties.
An agreement that should lead to the creation of a joint venture where the Koreans were betting to obtain 60% of the shares with an investment of only 35 to 40 billion Wons (24,480,673 $US to 27,980,652 $US).

"We expect to complete this agreement within 1-2 months of signing this MoU and acquire more than 60% of the mining stake by spending 35-40 billion won (the South Korean currency) for initial development capital expenditure. » Said Park Soon-hyuk , public relations director of Kumyang.
The said Congolese public company had made available to the Koreans of Kum Yang a mining area in Manono surrounding or "part of" permit 13359 already granted to DATHCOM, on which the Australians of AVZ MINERALS have already carried out the feasibility study which has promoted Congolese lithium internationally.

This mining perimeter would contain large quantities of lithium, tin and coltan and others had reassured the officials of the Congolese company signatory of the memorandum of understanding, would represent approximately 36% of the AVZ MINERALS mine area, of which the Initial geological exploration had shown that the DATHCOM mine and the lithium mineral vein are also connected there, so the reserves should be at the same rate level.
Congolese Civil Society organizations and platforms specializing in mining issues (Justicia Asbl, LICOCO, RND Asbl, POM, MDR, GANVE, CDH; ESPOIR ONG, RCEN, CERN/CENCO, TPRDC, MAX IMPACT) had raised to denounce this agreement which they have qualified and defined as; The sale of Manono's lithium mining assets in favor of the South Koreans KUM YANG, in violation of the laws of the Republic, despite the damning conclusions of the General Inspectorate of Finance against COMINIERE, DATHOMIR and ZIJIN is worrying.

“In all cases, this signature took place with a Congolese company private or public predatory mining assets of the country in Manono that the institutions of the Republic have the legal obligation to identify and especially to sanction taking into account the conclusions of the IGF Report. Our organizations and platforms recall that to date, individuals and private companies cited in the sheet of conclusions of the investigation of the General Inspectorate of Finance (IGF) which is a Service of the Presidency of the Republic, such as responsible for selling off the assets of COMINIERE and alleged perpetrators of criminal offenses, continue to operate and make money on the backs of the Republic and its population, of which we are a part. »
The memorandum of understanding was published by the Korean media, Paxetv.com on October 13, 2022 signed by journalist
Park Na-yeonkk020419@paxetv.com,
here is the article:

Geumyang “The first step in securing key minerals for secondary batteries in Africa”… Signing of lithium mining agreements

On the 12th, Geumyang signed a memorandum of understanding with a local resource development company to acquire development and ownership rights to the Manono mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which is believed to contain significant deposits of lithium, tin and coltan.

The mine, owned by AVZ, is one of the largest lithium development projects in the world, with estimated reserves of 4 million tonnes of lithium ore, with a high grade of 1.65% lithium in the ore .

According to a physicability study published by AVZ in 2020, it is estimated that 70 tonnes of spodumene can be extracted annually for <> years.

According to Geumyang officials, the area where the MOU was signed represents approximately 36% of the AVZ mine area, and following initial geological exploration, it was found that the AVZ mine and the Lithium veins are connected, so the reserves should be at the same proportion level.

Park Soon-hyuk, Public Relations Manager of Geumyang, said, “We expect to sign this contract within 1~2 months of signing this MoU and secure over 350% stake in the mine. by spending 400 billion~60 billion won as the initial development investment cost. »

Top Bottom