Broker research reports

cosors

👀
Naive question you know more about that:
Is such a thing even possible?

To account for dilution, we have assumed a capital raise of A$342m @$1.35/sh
2) project funding of ~A$860m, (BPe 60/40 debt/equity)

DFS:
Estimated capital expenditure of US$484 million plus US$44 million contingency (9.1%) and owner’s costs with additional equipment and processes aligned to latest product requirements of Tier 1 EV battery customers and expanded infrastructure to support future Niska expansion

US$528M A$793M so roughly the A$860
EIB loan is €300M A$486 so 860-486=374
I have never dealt with financing, I admit. My focus was elsewhere. I hope that the other banks will advance most of it.

Reactions: 4 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Reactions: 3 users

Gero

Regular

brewm0re

Regular
60% Debt 40% Equity/Grants
Agree with Gero; that’s a reasonable portion. Hopefully higher on debt side.

Interestingly, NMG’s CEO was asked the same direct question on Lithium Ion Rocks in March 2023 (on Spotify) @ 16 min mark, stating 70% for debt portion on their CAPEX of USD $1B…. Be nice to think the same debt portion, if not even higher for TLG (plus getting some Grants/Subsidies like Gero stated).

brewm0re

Regular
Agree with Gero; that’s a reasonable portion. Hopefully higher on debt side.

Interestingly, NMG’s CEO was asked the same direct question on Lithium Ion Rocks in March 2023 (on Spotify) @ 16 min mark, stating 70% for debt portion on their CAPEX of USD $1B…. Be nice to think the same debt portion, if not even higher for TLG (plus getting some Grants/Subsidies like Gero stated).

Reactions: 2 users
OK Guys and Gals there is a new/updated report from Bell Potter maintaining AUD$2.50 target price.

Attachments

• Bell Potter TLG.pdf
    419.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
OK Guys and Gals there is a new/updated report from Bell Potter maintaining AUD$2.50 target price.
Thank you!

🤔
Their SP is plain fair I think.
The deadline for appeals to the Supreme Court has not yet expired, the MOUs are not yet binding, the processing concession is still pending, the S in Kiruna has to be relegated to its place by the government and party comrades from Lulea, all the financing partners have to be lined up for giving us their money, the world will be holding its breath on the 16th because there will be a demonstration in Stockholm, I forgot about the ceremonial ground-breaking in Nunasvaara, the road still has to be paved, the factory in Lulea I'm leaving out because it's in full swing - so yes! there's a lot outstanding so AUD$2.5 right now is only fair I think. 🙂

Not my topic, so first gimme 2.5 and then we'll see.
!1.35!

Last edited:
Bell Potter are still maintaining their $2.50 price target. Talga mentioned on the PDF attached to the article

Reactions: 10 users
Is everyone enjoying the wait ?

It’s kind of like being caught in between airport flights just waiting and waiting until it’s finally announced you are boarding for takeoff,

but it’s a looooong wait

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
OK kiddies here is the latest Bell Potter report. Slight SP downgrade to $2.35 previously $2.50. Apparently due to higher Capex

"From our view, we see a positive risk / reward trade-off for TLG at these levels with respect to the Environmental permit – if the Supreme Court dismisses the appeals to TLGs granted permit, then we suspect an immediate re-rating in the stock."

Attachments

• TLG_20240415.pdf
    398.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Actually could someone post it over at the other place (I'm banned LOL) to stop the yapping on about "Anyone got a copy"..............."I dont subscribe"..................."why have they down graded"....................blah blah blah

• Love

cosors

👀
OK kiddies here is the latest Bell Potter report. Slight SP downgrade to $2.35 previously $2.50. Apparently due to higher Capex

"From our view, we see a positive risk / reward trade-off for TLG at these levels with respect to the Environmental permit – if the Supreme Court dismisses the appeals to TLGs granted permit, then we suspect an immediate re-rating in the stock."
Thank you for sharing with us!

Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
Just read the report, and they do seem to have a very good handle on talga. The best thing is, they do not seem to include Talnode-Si in their valuation. Which means, when it hits, it's gonna hit hard, in addition to the $2.35 (I assume US $) they have as their price target.

Also they assume financing of A$350M equity, which is likely not gonna happen. If we get project equity, it might have less impact and no dilution (though reduction of profits) and if we get the €70M/A$110M grant it's even less. So when straightening out their assumptions, there is a lot of additional upside to their valuation.

One statement that I disagree with is that the re-rating of talga will happen immediately after granting the permit. I think it will take until offtakes at least and possibly until financing to get the re-rating going. Look at PLL, lithium miner, that just got it's license. It rose 40% on the news and then dropped back 25% the next day to a total of 5% increase (it's funny how these percentages work and never add up). Makro wasn't favorable but when is it ever? I am not saying that the same will happen to TLG, but it's not a given that we rise unobstructed to the 2.35 valuation of Bell Potter.
1000006216.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Just read the report, and they do seem to have a very good handle on talga. The best thing is, they do not seem to include Talnode-Si in their valuation. Which means, when it hits, it's gonna hit hard, in addition to the $2.35 (I assume US $) they have as their price target.

Also they assume financing of A$350M equity, which is likely not gonna happen. If we get project equity, it might have less impact and no dilution (though reduction of profits) and if we get the €70M/A$110M grant it's even less. So when straightening out their assumptions, there is a lot of additional upside to their valuation.

One statement that I disagree with is that the re-rating of talga will happen immediately after granting the permit. I think it will take until offtakes at least and possibly until financing to get the re-rating going. Look at PLL, lithium miner, that just got it's license. It rose 40% on the news and then dropped back 25% the next day to a total of 5% increase (it's funny how these percentages work and never add up). Makro wasn't favorable but when is it ever? I am not saying that the same will happen to TLG, but it's not a given that we rise unobstructed to the 2.35 valuation of Bell Potter.
View attachment 60988
I agree with you.
I myself have hardly any expectations in the short term, I haven't been interested in that for a longer time.
Once the first 100 trucks have been unloaded in Lulea it will begin to be interesting for me personally.
I often have to remind myself that I only went to the ASX with one wish. I wanted to find a startup (pre revenue) that I could follow for years and at some point look back on the journey behind. And of course it should be something that interests me and is useful.
When I opened my first portfolio back then, Google, Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Amazon and Telekom were still tiny. Many years later, I thought to myself - if only I had. You know the story, I've told my motives often enough.
The only really interesting goal for me is that the company I invested in reaches an international size and then, in view of the really nice SP then, I can say to myself, yes, I was there from the ~beginning. And when I'll then tell acquaintances my entry price, their jaws drop.
Joking aside. I've always wanted to follow a special startup all the way. Now I have three pearls in my bag and I'm letting them grow.
So I have a completely different horizon than probably many others.
Unfortunately, I didn't see the launch 10a ago. But the last few years have already been gruelling and exciting enough. I could have done without a lot.
Especially the disillusionment with the mental attitude of parts of society.

So I'm thinking of a time when the Talga Group will have subsidiaries in Sweden, Germany, UK, France, USA, Korea and perhaps Japan. 😀

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom