BRN Discussion Ongoing

chapman89

Founding Member
Brainchips first known solution offering, through megachips.

IMG_2324.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 138 users

robsmark

Regular
I know we simply can't be in anything on the market without any ip contracts being signed.. with the exception of the 2 signatures we have already with Renesas and Mega Chips. And I know we want to sell IP exclusively... but the question I would like answered is.. is it possible we are selling Chips to some Companies that might want to develop them into products with thier own people??? Maybe no need to be an announcement on ASX for that??? Maybe need to wait and see the Revenue???
Just thought I would put it out there ;-)
That is supposedly what the Early Access Program (EAP) was, sadly the company has gone very quiet on the matter.

I did mention this in discussion with a company employee, who stated that nobody had dropped out of the program, and that testing was taking longer than they anticipated… or words to that effect.

My issue here is that the former CEO (LDN) was very vocal about this program, and since his departure, very little information has been released about it… correct me if I’m wrong, but actually nothing has been mentioned about it officially. I find that strange and have been very vocal myself on the forums over recent years about better transparency on it - often being hit with abuse from other posters.

It’s worth noting that the EAP was only designed for tech manufacturers to test integration and POC of Akida though, and if successful an offical material contract would be required (and be announced on the ASX) before production could take place. In short, you won’t see this in the revenue report - it would be announced prior to revenue.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Damo4

Regular

View attachment 38396

HUGE

Thank you, my favourite verification engineer

Edit: Also see one of the links inside: https://www.megachips.co.jp/english/product/asics/solution/image/#headline-1676348264

What is Edge AI?​

Edge AI performs computation that is necessary for AI at the edge device of each field without sending the data to the cloud. The stand-alone operation without connecting to the internet can protect privacy, achieve real-time performance, ensure security, so it is advantageous to the cloud.

• What is Edge AI?

MegaChips Edge AI Solution​

We have 2 kinds of solutions of AI cores to realize Edge AI.

• BrainChip: Lower cost / Low power consumption AI accelerator (Support on-chip learning
  • Quadric: General-purpose AI processor (DSP/CPU functions incorporated)

BrainChip​

Combining BrainChip’s revolutionary neuromorphic technology that holds on-chip training function with MegaChips advanced integration technology will contribute to solve customer’s various problems.

Quadric​

Combining Quadric’s industry’s first general-purpose neural processing unit (GPNPU) with MegaChips ASIC solutions provides customers a wide range of solutions in the products with Edge AI functions.

Evaluation Kit​

• BrainChip’s Development Kit
This is the development kit with BrainChip AKD1000.
Customers can confirm actual operation, functions and performance with their own system.
  • Quadric’s Development Kit
This is the development kit with Quadric q16 for the customers considering ASIC development using Quadric’s technology.
This kit enables a performance evaluation by simulation in conjunction with hardware function and performance evaluation.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Mccabe84

Regular
I know we simply can't be in anything on the market without any ip contracts being signed.. with the exception of the 2 signatures we have already with Renesas and Mega Chips. And I know we want to sell IP exclusively... but the question I would like answered is.. is it possible we are selling Chips to some Companies that might want to develop them into products with thier own people??? Maybe no need to be an announcement on ASX for that??? Maybe need to wait and see the Revenue???
Just thought I would put it out there ;-)
Maybe that could be all the partnerships that have been promoted through social media

Reactions: 5 users

skutza

Regular

View attachment 38396

There are some certainties in life, Death, Taxes and this post being the top rated post for the day/week/month!!!!! Love it.

And as expected, I wish the Stock market was this easy to predict!!!
1686810148455.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 19 users

jk6199

Regular
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Damo4

Regular
Well, that just gave me that extra boost to shove it up the naughty shorters!

Thank you very much!

GLTAH

Shorters RN:

Bird-coke-coca-explosion GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

mrgds

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

IMG_9335.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

krugerrands

Regular
This is worth a listen for those that have time.

Very insightful (sometimes rambling) discussion about the current AI developments with Jim Keller who previously worked with Apple and AMD so I would consider him a thoughtful industry insider. He’s been in the game for 40 years so he know the tech, history and industry quite well!

His opinion is SNN won’t be successful :( But I’m hoping he is proven wrong there!

https://www.eetimes.com/jim-keller-on-ai-risc-v-tenstorrents-move-to-edge-ip/

I think rather he said that he does not believe that SNN emulates the way the brain works..... he did not say it won't be successful from what I recall.

He further implies that CNN matches the way we think and learn more accurately than we recognize.

On that front I think he has it completely wrong based on power requirements and the results from studies on how we learn.

Finding patterns. A Key to intelligence in man...

I just love how by logical process of elimination and measuring real world results Simon Thorpe excluded certain models.
Part of this process was looking at the brain architecture and specifications!!! lol.
Uses 20watts, runs at 1Khz and there is about 10ms latency between different layers..... worth the watch if you haven't before.

In the end this is how JAST was developed which is core to Akida and was purchased by us a while back.

There is a thread on JAST.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Damo4

Regular
My understanding was that we are engaging with EAPs through out the development phases for initial/continuous feedbacks to build a product that meets market requirements but obviously it didnt really work out well for our first product...based on our current revenue and lack of new IP contracts for past 2 years+

New Project (2).gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Gazzafish

Regular
Like I’ve said in the past, I do understand we are focused on the bigger picture and beneficial AI to help mankind but I can’t understand why a toy company hasn’t picked up Akida and put it inside a cuddly doll. With face and speech recognition it can say loving words ONLY to the designated owner of the toy and even maybe recognise other family members and say different things. Without internet connectivity there’s no security risk and I’d bet they would sell more than rubik sold of cubes… It would be the highest sought after Xmas present world wide I’d predict…be a very quick easy cash injection for the company….. just my thoughts.. DYOR.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

View attachment 38396

Thanks for posting @chapman89!

Nintendo is looking good IMO? 🥳🤞

MegaChips Forms Strategic Partnership with BrainChip​

LSI pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 4.09.37 pm.png

See below- Forward-looking statements in this section represent the judgment of MegaChips as of March 31, 2022.

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 4.07.55 pm.png

MegaChips Report 2022 Page 13

MCCRepor2021_p13.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 4.09.37 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 4.09.37 pm.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 98 users

ndefries

Regular
Thanks for posting @chapman89!

Nintendo is looking good IMO? 🥳🤞

MegaChips Forms Strategic Partnership with BrainChip​

View attachment 38407

View attachment 38408
See below- Forward-looking statements in this section represent the judgment of MegaChips as of March 31, 2022.

View attachment 38409

MegaChips Report 2022 Page 13

View attachment 38412
Isn't it great that they have bought extra licenses and were proud to say they were part of Akida 1500 back-end design.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Labsy

Regular
An "Amazon Scholar" and USC robotics Professor is our next podcast guest.....
Amazon have many robots. Imagine that....
Oh how I wait for the day of an announcement.... $2.30 is half way compared to the next boom.
Hang in there chippers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Great find @chapman89

Could this be the reason why MegaChips did the back end design for ADK1500?

"Approach to FD-SOI
FD-SOI (Fully Depleted Silicon On Insulator) suppresses leakage current and offers excellent power saving effects, miniaturization, high-performance, and low-cost for various applications such as IoT that require low power.
We continue to strengthen our efforts on FD-SOI and propose optimal ASIC tailored to our customers' needs."

Learning 🏖

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom