BRN Discussion Ongoing

hamilton66

Regular
So Renesas and SiFive partnering

B, this is an absolute spiderweb, with all roads leading to the middle of such. BRN revenue. Exciting times ahead, for those that are patient, and willing to stay the course. GLTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Mercfan

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users

Proga

Regular
from @Bravo 's post:

That data all comes from a variety of sensors around the vehicle, a few of which will be new to future S-Class vehicles that have been ordered with the new Drive Pilot system. While the company wouldn’t disclose specific costs of the system, representatives did say that it will cost as much as their top-of-the-line Burmester audio system. That audio system on the S-Class is a $6,700 option alone, yet requires the addition of a separate $3,800 package, bringing the rough total to around $10,500. That’s getting close to the cost of Tesla’s “Full-Self Driving” system, which currently is a $12,000 option.

The conditional Level 3 Drive Pilot system builds on the hardware and software used by Mercedes’ Level 2 ADAS system known as Distronic. It adds a handful of additional advanced sensors as well as software to support the features. Key hardware systems that will be added to future S-Class vehicles configured with the Drive Pilot upgrade include an advanced lidar system developed by Valeo SA, a wetness sensor in the wheel well to determine moisture on the road, rear-facing cameras and microphones to detect emergency vehicles, and a special antenna array located at the rear of the sunroof to help with precise GPS location.

The Valeo lidar system is more advanced than what is on the current generation of S-Class, in that it scans at a rate of 25 times per second at a range of 200 meters (approximately 650 feet). This is the second generation of the system, according to the Valeo spokesperson at the event. The system sends out lasers, which then create points in space to help the AI classify the type of object in and around the path of the vehicle, whether it’s human, animal, vehicle, tree, or building. From there, the AI uses data from the other sensors around the car to determine more than 400 different projected paths for itself and the potential paths for the vehicles, pedestrians, and motorcyclists around it, and chooses the safest route through

We previously discussed the "advanced lidar system developed by Valeo" and found a patent for a LiDaR zoom feature using a NN, but there was no indication that Veleo developed the NN. We are friends with Valeo, and we have a sweet spot for LiDaR. So we've been drawing a reasonable inference in the absence of express evidence.

US2021166090A1 DRIVING ASSISTANCE FOR THE LONGITUDINAL AND/OR LATERAL CONTROL OF A MOTOR VEHICLE

View attachment 10414

The invention relates to a driving assistance system (3) for the longitudinal and/or lateral control of a motor vehicle, comprising an image processing device (31a) trained beforehand using a learning algorithm and configured so as to generate, at output, a control instruction (Scom1) for the motor vehicle from an image (Im1) provided at input and captured by an on-board digital camera (2); a digital image processing module (32) configured so as to provide at least one additional image (Im2) at input of an additional device (31b), identical to the device (31a), for parallel processing of the image (Im1) captured by the camera (2) and said at least one additional image (Im2), such that said additional device (31b) generates at least one additional control instruction (Scom2) for the motor vehicle, said additional image (Im2) resulting from at least one geometric and/or radiometric transformation performed on said captured image (Im1), and a digital fusion module (33) configured so as to generate a resultant control instruction (Scom) on the basis of said control instruction (Scom1) and of said a
So what is being released by Nvidia/BRN/Valeo in a Mercedes in 2024?

They call the system "The conditional Level 3 Drive Pilot system". Sounds to me like a stop gap CPU/GPU system developed by Valeo ready to go now where as the more advanced Nvidia/BRN/Valeo won't be available until 2024. Just a guess

Baisyet

Regular
Another Web?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Im crap at scripting so if anyone wants to reedit it, pass it on to me

Love your work buddy..............
BRN 10X MICROSOFT.............

Reactions: 12 users
Love your work buddy..............
BRN 10X MICROSOFT.............
IMG_20220629_193525.jpg
IMG_20220629_193525.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Proga

Regular
Reactions: 2 users
Wow how amazing it will be when revenue comes flooding thru ,I reckon that's the day validation of this company will be accepted

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Reactions: 1 users

Dhm

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

But will Nicobo contain Akida? The version I saw after the AGM didn’t. However Panasonic know all about us thanks to Tim and Nvidia.
How’s the Scottish summer going

Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
About to head out bush for a 2 week prospecting trip. No phone no internet just good friends around a camp fire and hopefully plenty of shiny nuggets. If you can all get the share price to sky-rocket while I'm away it would be appreciated. Not asking much, just a steady over the dollar would be good, ooor a mind blowing ann and 5 bucks would be ok too. Then I could retire. I'll leave it in the 1000 eyes hands.
Be interesting to see where we are when I get service again

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
0307BE4A-283D-457C-A87A-CD6445AE637C.png

Probably posted before, but this is PVDM write up on LinkedIn. I find the part where he says that Brainchip is a pure play Artificial General Intelligence company particularly interesting. Can we claim that yet? I know it is the goal going forward but can we say that now? Has something changed of late, maybe in the next generation Akida to be able to call it AGI? 🤩

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
So what is being released by Nvidia/BRN/Valeo in a Mercedes in 2024?

They call the system "The conditional Level 3 Drive Pilot system". Sounds to me like a stop gap CPU/GPU system developed by Valeo ready to go now where as the more advanced Nvidia/BRN/Valeo won't be available until 2024. Just a guess
Hi Proga,

I don't read "conditional" as "interim".

I read it as "having conditions attached", eg, limitation to using autonomous driving to specific sections of divided highways; below a specified speed.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom