BRN Discussion Ongoing

Screenshot_2022-06-26-19-07-23-63.jpg
Screenshot_2022-06-26-19-11-27-80.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Geek Cool isn't a laughing matter!

I agree! It's definitley not a laughing matter unless you're a geek yourself, in which case you are permitted to laugh as much as you want! 😂
🤣😂🤣

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Quite a few people have mentioned that to me. It surely sparked the interest of many.

I literally just watched for the first time now. Who is presenting ie who’s voice is it?

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
This. Please hit report. It only takes a few moments and then it flags to me. As yet I have received no new reports this day.

Don't worry about it Z, I want you to focus all your attention on the Blues winning, Gooooooo the Blues (y)(y)(y)

GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I literally just watched for the first time now. Who is presenting ie who’s voice is it?
Not a hundred percent sure. But I think that was Neil Rinaldi.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Milestone 2 was so fast we wouldn't have been able to see it.:geek:

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users
  • Fire
@Fact Finder Forgive my lack of knowledge, but are BrainChip looking to capture any of the connected edge market? Looks like there are a number of companies looking to operate in this space - in the immediate future anyway, due to the actual edge still being in its infancy
Hi @thelittleshort

The issue is firstly one of definition.

To understand what every player is talking about we need a definition of Edge computing which does not exist.

As you have probably seen it seems to be the world wide consensus that everyone is moving to the Edge and it is a huge and growing market.

This fact in itself means that every player is claiming to service the Edge and while ever there is no agreed definition this will mean that what you and I might think this means will likely not be what they are claiming to be addressing.

What I suggest you do is listen again to the Brainchip podcast between Rob Telson and Rob Lincourt DELL Technologies where he discusses this issue. DELL are in favour of the term End Point in lieu of the term Edge.

Now having said this there are some agreed Edge or end points such as drones, motor vehicles, mobile phones and house hold appliances.

All of these Edge or end points can require connection but cannot provide appropriate performance if they need connection at all times.

So yes AKIDA does target connected Edge but in a way that others cannot as it does not require connection and so it can process on chip and take action at the Edge and if required send that processed information as meta data to a local server or a cloud server.

The CEO Sean Hehir made the point that Brainchip was already at the Edge. A good example of this is the Nviso in cabin demonstration where an ice cold little AKD1000 is processing at 250 frames a second and the very hot Nvidia CPU which they claim to be an Edge processor is running at 20 to 25 frames per second.

In the 2021 Ai Field Day presentation Anil Mankar said
“Some of our IP is going to microcontrollers so that they actually have Ai built in, so the analysis can be done with the hardware that’s in the microcontroller.” - Renesas

I think it was @jtardif999 who calculated that the average cost of a Renesas MCU was 65 cents.

Think about that AKIDA can make smart a 65 cent MCU and the only trade off will be latency.

Thanks to the Edge that only AKIDA can occupy every device everywhere can be intelligent either connected or unconnected with ludicrously tiny power budgets and still if required be connected.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Bombersfan

Regular
No gestational limit in ACT/Canberra? WTF!
I wonder, why they need that there..

Always subject to change..
But US Futures, looking incredibly positive, for Monday night our time..

View attachment 10214
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
This is still the data from
No gestational limit in ACT/Canberra? WTF!
I wonder, why they need that there..

Always subject to change..
But US Futures, looking incredibly positive, for Monday night our time..

View attachment 10214
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
these are still the numbers from saturday mornings (US Friday) close. The futures are irrelevant til about mid arvo Monday our time

Reactions: 2 users
Hi @thelittleshort

The issue is firstly one of definition.

To understand what every player is talking about we need a definition of Edge computing which does not exist.

As you have probably seen it seems to be the world wide consensus that everyone is moving to the Edge and it is a huge and growing market.

This fact in itself means that every player is claiming to service the Edge and while ever there is no agreed definition this will mean that what you and I might think this means will likely not be what they are claiming to be addressing.

What I suggest you do is listen again to the Brainchip podcast between Rob Telson and Rob Lincourt DELL Technologies where he discusses this issue. DELL are in favour of the term End Point in lieu of the term Edge.

Now having said this there are some agreed Edge or end points such as drones, motor vehicles, mobile phones and house hold appliances.

All of these Edge or end points can require connection but cannot provide appropriate performance if they need connection at all times.

So yes AKIDA does target connected Edge but in a way that others cannot as it does not require connection and so it can process on chip and take action at the Edge and if required send that processed information as meta data to a local server or a cloud server.

The CEO Sean Hehir made the point that Brainchip was already at the Edge. A good example of this is the Nviso in cabin demonstration where an ice cold little AKD1000 is processing at 250 frames a second and the very hot Nvidia CPU which they claim to be an Edge processor is running at 20 to 25 frames per second.

In the 2021 Ai Field Day presentation Anil Mankar said
“Some of our IP is going to microcontrollers so that they actually have Ai built in, so the analysis can be done with the hardware that’s in the microcontroller.” - Renesas

I think it was @jtardif999 who calculated that the average cost of a Renesas MCU was 65 cents.

Think about that AKIDA can make smart a 65 cent MCU and the only trade off will be latency.

Thanks to the Edge that only AKIDA can occupy every device everywhere can be intelligent either connected or unconnected with ludicrously tiny power budgets and still if required be connected.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thanks FF - I’m glad I asked. Great response

• Love
How many brn hippies here from those days?

Reactions: 2 users
This is still the data from

these are still the numbers from saturday mornings (US Friday) close. The futures are irrelevant til about mid arvo Monday our time
Thanks, but in my opinion, the closing US futures, are still relevant, from a general "market sentiment" perspective, when taken together with the very strong performance of the Dow and Nasdaq, on Friday.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Slade

Top 20
Oh no!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I am not watching, but I guess the Maroon is not doing well.

Learning.
The ref scored a nice try just on half time and it's been downhill since.

I think donald trump appointed the referee.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
The ref scored a nice try just on half time and it's been downhill since.
On a positive note, its 1 games each soon.
Make the 3rd games more interesting.

Learning.

Reactions: 6 users

Slade

Top 20
BrainChip only chat on this thread please ladies and gentlemen.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

entretec

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom