BRN Discussion Ongoing

Jchandel

Regular
Hi DB,

I don't see "commercially available" and "still in development" as being mutually exclusive where software is concerned. There are lots of examples of upgrades to commercial software. It is the rule rather than the exception.

My view is that the EAPs have been working with the TeNNs simulation software since after the patent filing and it is being continually upgraded, in part from customer feedback.

As I'd suspected, we are offering TeNNs as software. What I'm not sure about is whether we are offering the full Akida 2, replete with TeNNs as software. Given the astounding performance of TeNNs, you'd have to think Mercedes and Valeo would have been doing a lot of work with the TeNNs software, and given that both are processing their sensor signals with software, what are the odds?

Remember some month ago, Anil announced they were going to tape-out for Akida 2, of which TeNNs is an integral part, but capable of operating without Akida. That suggests to me that TeNNs had reached a commercially acceptable stage of development. Tape-out is the point of no return.

Now it is possible that there have been further improvements in the interim, but, since we are offering TeNNs as software, it can be updated on the run, not something that can be done with a SoC.

Given that we are offering TeNNs software, this should accelerate income as software does not have the same manufacturing delay as the SoC.

... but, once again I must caution against using such speculation as the basis for investment decisions.
This is by far one of your most easy to understand posts 😂. You are truly an asset to this group @Diogenese. Thank you.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is by far one of your most easy to understand posts 😂. You are truly an asset to this group @Diogenese. Thank you.
Thanks Jc,

I don't intend to be obscure!

I was quite pleased with my Prophesee DVS/TeNNs analogy about object detection and object tracking, but maybe I overdid the technical details?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

manny100

Regular
How do i purchase AKIDA Gen2 which includes TENNs and ViT?
Co pilot:
" The second-generation Akida platform, which incorporates both Temporal Event-Based Neural Nets (TENNs) and Vision Transformers (ViTs), is indeed available for purchase. However, BrainChip has not yet publicly disclosed the pricing details. You can connect with BrainChip’s sales department to inquire about availability and obtain accurate information on purchasing options123. They’ll be able to guide you through the process and provide any necessary assistance. 😊"
It appears that you have to 'engage' with sales before you can get a price.

Diogenese

Top 20
How do i purchase AKIDA Gen2 which includes TENNs and ViT?
Co pilot:
" The second-generation Akida platform, which incorporates both Temporal Event-Based Neural Nets (TENNs) and Vision Transformers (ViTs), is indeed available for purchase. However, BrainChip has not yet publicly disclosed the pricing details. You can connect with BrainChip’s sales department to inquire about availability and obtain accurate information on purchasing options123. They’ll be able to guide you through the process and provide any necessary assistance. 😊"
It appears that you have to 'engage' with sales before you can get a price.
Well you do have to negotiate an IP licence.

Reactions: 1 users

Guzzi62

Regular
Well you do have to negotiate an IP licence.
How about some smaller companies only needing maybe less than 10.000 chips?

As I understand it, there is nowhere a smaller company can go and purchase 10k chips?

Can you even buy Akida1 over the counter?

I am not a business man and are having a hard time understanding how this all works.

What I can make sense of:

The companies interested in an IP deal is perhaps the companies selling solutions to other companies like TATA.

MB have their own development branch and it's likely quite big with a huge budget and lots of people, we all hope they sign one day. We will never forget the day the SP spiked over 2$ (MB using us in their concept car) only to drop over the next years.

This smells like hard manipulation… you can not be so stupid… you write hewlett-Packard correct but messed up brainchip???? Come on
20240821_233303.jpg

That my low numbered friend, is no mess up..
If it "was" a spelling error, you could understand..
That's not even close.. At least they got the first 2 letters right and there's enough there, that you can still "read" it..

I think we need to get a think tank together here and sort this out once and for all!

20240821_233509.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom