BRN Discussion Ongoing

Labsy

Regular
I hope we all treat the current price as a distant memory in the very near future.
My view of the current price wouldn't change even if it was $5 per share because I have no intention of selling.
Those of us in it for the dividends will eventually earn many times more than the current share price in dividends per share.
I look forward to the day when a 5% trading range equates to $10. Then I can tell my friends I'm up or down a million dollars for the day.
Until then I will support my fellow chippers by buying more.
VG
Spot on Vic!

Reactions: 5 users

Labsy

Regular
I read today the world wide automotive industry is worth 2.7 trillion dollars CURRENTLY. In its transition to EV much more will be spent each year through to 2040.

I have read that the automotive semiconductor slice of this pie for EV will be 200 billion by 2040. (This is for traditional uses but does not include Brain interface etc;)

I personally believe it cannot credibly be argued that Brainchip will not capture some of this outrageously huge market given the present knowledge regarding Mercedes, Valeo and Ford at least.

Being impossibly conservative such share has to be at least one tenth of one percent of 200 billion US dollars.

So just from automotive this would result in a measly annual 200 million US dollars in revenue by 2040.

Add to this one percent of the current 450 billion defence spending.

Add to this NASA revenue.

Add to this MegaChips revenue.

Add to this Renesas MCU revenue.

Add to this the medical technology market revenue via Biotome and NaNose.

As I said it all makes FF very happy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is why u are the captain! Very well summarised ..

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I agree.

I didn´t try to win a popularity contest by writing it, but just to put the recent discussion a little into perspective. What is beneficial AI anyway? :D
Thanks Frederik, and nice to have you back amongst us.
I'll just let my good friend HAL answer that for you.........:)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

gex

Regular
January 17th of this year, so it's been about 8 weeks which I believe was within in their estimated shipping timeframe at the time I ordered.

I am having it shipped to a US address and it is scheduled to be sent on the 18th (this Friday for me). So given I chose the economy shipping option, three business days isn't that bad.

If they are all shipping out of California, then I would expect economy shipping via FedEx to Australia would be about 6 to 10 business days.
Ordered same day, no shipping as yet. All good, it'll come

Reactions: 2 users

JK200SX

Regular
Thoughts on this:

Cerence adds KT voice assistant support to Mercedes-Benz vehicles in South Korea​

February 17, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Mercedes-Benz Korea is building the first car to run the Cerence voice AI platform to support KT’s GiGA Genie voice assistant. Cerence’s upgraded cloud service capabilities enable the new car to deliver the South Korean telecom giant’s voice AI using the Cerence Cognitive Arbiter.

Sirens Elf​

Cerence launched Cognitive Arbiter in early 2020 as a tool for automakers to provide multiple simultaneously available voice assistants in the car. The system routes user requests to the most relevant voice assistant based on the driver’s request. The Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) virtual assistant platform is powered by Cerence Worldwide. Korean-built cars will still use MBUX, but will incorporate KT’s GiGA Genie into the system as an additional AI. The Cognitive Arbiter will automatically enable Korean speech AI via the standard MBUX system when the driver makes a request that the GiGA Genie is best suited to meet. Drivers don’t have to choose which voice assistant to respond; the AI intuitively answers based on its understanding of the query and its ability to access the assistant.
“GiGA Genie has been the driving force behind the growing popularity of voice assistants in Korea,” said Kangrim Choi, head of KT’s AI mobile business. “We’re proud to partner with Cerence to bring GiGA Genie into a whole new environment, offering a seamless, integrated product that gives drivers easy access to the assistant’s content, services and features on the go.”

multi-voice car​

Cerence created Cognitive Arbitrator to bring together resources from platforms such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Alexa Auto that do not include controls for in-vehicle functions. The company envisions drivers asking their car’s voice AI to answer a question or play a song, and the response from the Alexa skill would be as smooth as the built-in Siri feature. While voice AI built into cars is now more likely to be associated with well-known voice assistants, multiple-choice platforms will still appeal to some automakers. It’s similar to why Fiat Chrysler (now Stellantis) pioneered the Alexa custom assistant, a brand’s voice AI linked to the full Alexa resource.
Since the release of Cognitive Arbitrator, Cerence has made major upgrades to its platform. The company launched Cerence Drive 2.0 and its connected cloud service more than a year ago, improving the accuracy and speed of connecting voice assistants, and has quickly rolled out new features in the months since. The Cerence Look tool, which combines an online database with gaze-tracking cameras to share insights into what drivers are looking at and related tour guide features, joined the active and multimodal Cerence Co-Pilot in December, which analyzes data from car sensors and The human-entered data predicts the driver’s wishes, ideally skipping the need for wake words and simply saying yes or no to the suggestions made to the driver. The benefits of Cerence expanding its platform to include KT and GiGA Genie are obvious.
“The digital lives of consumers around the world continue to expand to encompass a variety of assistants and services. As their ecosystems become more complex, interoperability becomes key, especially in cars,” explains Cerence CEO Stefan Ortmanns. “By leveraging our Cerence Cognitive Arbitrator to make the GiGA Genie accessible through the car assistant, KT is firmly establishing its commitment to a simple, intuitive user experience. We are delighted to partner with KT and support our long-term partner Mercedes- Mercedes-Benz because they are bringing this important feature to drivers of select Mercedes-Benz models in Korea.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

JK200SX

Regular
Thoughts on this:

Cerence adds KT voice assistant support to Mercedes-Benz vehicles in South Korea​

February 17, 2022 at 3:30 pm

Mercedes-Benz Korea is building the first car to run the Cerence voice AI platform to support KT’s GiGA Genie voice assistant. Cerence’s upgraded cloud service capabilities enable the new car to deliver the South Korean telecom giant’s voice AI using the Cerence Cognitive Arbiter.

Sirens Elf​

Cerence launched Cognitive Arbiter in early 2020 as a tool for automakers to provide multiple simultaneously available voice assistants in the car. The system routes user requests to the most relevant voice assistant based on the driver’s request. The Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) virtual assistant platform is powered by Cerence Worldwide. Korean-built cars will still use MBUX, but will incorporate KT’s GiGA Genie into the system as an additional AI. The Cognitive Arbiter will automatically enable Korean speech AI via the standard MBUX system when the driver makes a request that the GiGA Genie is best suited to meet. Drivers don’t have to choose which voice assistant to respond; the AI intuitively answers based on its understanding of the query and its ability to access the assistant.
“GiGA Genie has been the driving force behind the growing popularity of voice assistants in Korea,” said Kangrim Choi, head of KT’s AI mobile business. “We’re proud to partner with Cerence to bring GiGA Genie into a whole new environment, offering a seamless, integrated product that gives drivers easy access to the assistant’s content, services and features on the go.”

multi-voice car​

Cerence created Cognitive Arbitrator to bring together resources from platforms such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Alexa Auto that do not include controls for in-vehicle functions. The company envisions drivers asking their car’s voice AI to answer a question or play a song, and the response from the Alexa skill would be as smooth as the built-in Siri feature. While voice AI built into cars is now more likely to be associated with well-known voice assistants, multiple-choice platforms will still appeal to some automakers. It’s similar to why Fiat Chrysler (now Stellantis) pioneered the Alexa custom assistant, a brand’s voice AI linked to the full Alexa resource.
Since the release of Cognitive Arbitrator, Cerence has made major upgrades to its platform. The company launched Cerence Drive 2.0 and its connected cloud service more than a year ago, improving the accuracy and speed of connecting voice assistants, and has quickly rolled out new features in the months since. The Cerence Look tool, which combines an online database with gaze-tracking cameras to share insights into what drivers are looking at and related tour guide features, joined the active and multimodal Cerence Co-Pilot in December, which analyzes data from car sensors and The human-entered data predicts the driver’s wishes, ideally skipping the need for wake words and simply saying yes or no to the suggestions made to the driver. The benefits of Cerence expanding its platform to include KT and GiGA Genie are obvious.
“The digital lives of consumers around the world continue to expand to encompass a variety of assistants and services. As their ecosystems become more complex, interoperability becomes key, especially in cars,” explains Cerence CEO Stefan Ortmanns. “By leveraging our Cerence Cognitive Arbitrator to make the GiGA Genie accessible through the car assistant, KT is firmly establishing its commitment to a simple, intuitive user experience. We are delighted to partner with KT and support our long-term partner Mercedes- Mercedes-Benz because they are bringing this important feature to drivers of select Mercedes-Benz models in Korea.”
.... and just being a devils advocate here (not a downramper by any means)......... Considering Mercedes have publicly announced their association with Brainchip, and also the fact that Cerence are the suppliers of the MBUX system, why cant we find any hard link between BRN and Cerence? ie why would we not see BRN or AKIDA referenced in any webpages that we can find Cerence and MBUX being discussed?

If AKIDA is in effect a subset of the Cerence system, then it shouldn't be a surprise by now, right?

Or, could it be that MB are integrating AKIDA functionality separately in the vehicle and as part of a complete system it will interface with the MBUX? Thinking about it, the most AKIDA IP/chips will be integrated into the edge devices/sensors. The purpose of these edge devices/ sensors is to neuromorphically compute/calculate/output the correct signal to perhaps the MBUX or other systems in the car and then the system performs the correct function.

(Like others, just a little frustrated, but not selling any shares :) )

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
You could well be correct but one of the frustrating things is how MegaChips does not disclose its customer lists. They are most definitely into automotive and they have stated they have AKIDA for automotive amongst other things. Who are MegaChips automotive customers? Could Cerence be one? No idea. But worse things could happen than Brainchip just being a direct supplier to Mercedes.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

BLueboy64

Emerged
Reactions: 1 users

JPIck

Regular
Hi JP,

Plan C:

Can the extensions wait for 9 months?

(I'm still hoping for $5 by Christmas).
Unfortunately not, am right in the middle, Just have to keep working my guts out, or win Powerball tonight , or huge announcement in the coming weeks, theres my 3 options

Reactions: 7 users

JPIck

Regular
I have been thinking deeply on your situation and all I know is that life is a continuous series of compromises and priorities.

On the plus side of life's ledger you have your life still to live, you are converting your Brainchip shares not into a bottle or a drug but an appreciating asset and place of shelter.

If I were you and to some extent I am my highest priority would be my health and taking every step possible to capitalise on the opportunity I have been given in surviving the heart attack or half functioning heart.

The next priority is family and friends.

Then comes the investment side of things. A house that is fully renovated or complete is an easier mortgage than one that is in progress so not knowing anything about your finances and the present timeline for the renovation it might be a plan to secure your health and complete your renovation and then borrow and buy back your BRNASX.

After all long term investors are not here for $2.00, $3.00 or even $5.00 a share. At $5.00 a share this journey would have only just started.

If you were to borrow to buy the shares using a mortgage on your house then the interest would be deductible whereas borrowing to renovate your principle place of residence the interest would not be deductible.

Just some random thoughts but so thankful you came through the heart hiccup and are here to continue riding the Brainchip bus with us.
FF.

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks FF

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
This is what I’m excited about. 2020 revenue $121,000, 2021 revenue $1,500,000, and based on the scenario that revenue growth going up roughly 1,200%, 2022 becomes $18,000,000.

There is so much going on in the background that we are not privy to, but can confidently speculate on. We already know there are 100+ NDA’s announced while back, and the concept of SNN’s is being explored and discussed fairly openly means many more potential clients are surely being invited into the Early Access Program

View attachment 2656

Ha ha @Dhm I just saw your post and thought you were talking about your own Brainchip holdings!

“This is what I’m excited about. 2020 revenue $121,000, 2021 revenue $1,500,000, and based on the scenario that revenue growth going up roughly 1,200%, 2022 becomes $18,000,000.”

Hopefully you are posting that in a couple of years…then I will proceed to block you 🤣🤣🤣

Tomorrow’s our day folks, I can feel it 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JB49

Regular
You could well be correct but one of the frustrating things is how MegaChips does not disclose its customer lists. They are most definitely into automotive and they have stated they have AKIDA for automotive amongst other things. Who are MegaChips automotive customers? Could Cerence be one? No idea. But worse things could happen than Brainchip just being a direct supplier to Mercedes.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I noticed megachips have a stake in quadric which they mentioned they will aim to use in their lidar. Given they have a stake in quadric, are they more inclined to use it over akida?

D

Deleted member 118

Ha ha @Dhm I just saw your post and thought you were talking about your own Brainchip holdings!

“This is what I’m excited about. 2020 revenue $121,000, 2021 revenue $1,500,000, and based on the scenario that revenue growth going up roughly 1,200%, 2022 becomes $18,000,000.”

Hopefully you are posting that in a couple of years…then I will proceed to block you 🤣🤣🤣

Tomorrow’s our day folks, I can feel it 😎

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Audi's recent reveal of its A6 e-tron Avant has forced me to indulge in my latest predilection, Cerence. Whilst engaging in my Cerence snoopathon, I stumbled upon this little snippet which I think is VERY INTERESTING.

View attachment 2693
Nice car @Bravo77 :)

1647507133401.png

1647507155811.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
She's a beauty isn't she Evermont? It's a pretty big step up from my Echo.

Incredibly smooth lines Bravo, Audi manage the design process extremely well.

Price point is significant and material constraints will only place further pressure on the supply line moving forward. Elon also increased the price of Model 3 again this week. I would now get more for a trade in than I paid for the vehicle.

Reactions: 4 users

JDelekto

Regular
Ordered same day, no shipping as yet. All good, it'll come

Just a side note: I did not get a notification from BrainChip that it shipped. I have an account on FedEx that sends me notifications when scanned packages are due to be shipped. Depending on your situation, it might have been shipped and you just don't know it yet.

Top Bottom