BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Don’t post that bullshit over hear.
But it’s fine for you to post over there?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

cassip

Regular
Hi jt.
Very fair point. My concern though is that as rightly pointed out prior, you can’t trust anyone in this game. We have seen a large vote against PVDM at the agm so all is not necessarily tight at the top and most small retailers hold the “what can I do” view and hand their proxies to the chairman. These can equal many millions of votes that could be used for or against our best interests. It would be great to have a 25% (or whatever could be mustered) stake under retail control if we could possibly be organised enough. It’s a long shot suggestion but this forum offers a platform to make it possible. It would though require widespread support which doesn’t seem to be here.
Hi 4jct,
it is certainly a good idea to give the possibility to coordinate things if events occur that make this necessary (and for example to make sure that every shareholder votes at the next agm, this was discussed after the last agm). It seems to me as if jtardiff999s point is not to be underestimated (that management and retail holders represent a considerable part of the company). And as you said this forum provides a platform (to discuss, share ideas). So maybe this is all that is needed. Most flexibility and opportunity to coordinate lies probably in something like "as much freedom as possible for each shareholder as much organisation as necessary".
Regards
cassip

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Thanks Rfta,

This article provides great insights into the working of Akida.

The synapses also serve a memory function.
"It has been proved that synapses are memory ii that acquire information through learning. Synapses are everywhere in the brain, Therefore memory is everywhere. Every movement, vowel, and shape etcetera has been learned and is stored as a set of variables somewhere in synaptic memory. Learned motor functions are stored in the motor cortex, while learned speech patterns are stored in Broca's and Wernicke's areas. Each module of the brain has been trained early in life and has formed connections that are appropriate to its function."

So each synapse compares a string of input spikes* with its memorized string of spikes and fires when there is sufficient correspondence rather than exact identicality, and retains the differences as a new example of the type of object, enabling the brain to automatically recognize variations of an object it had seen before.

[*Edit: or a group of synapses each compare a corresponding one of the string of input spikes with their single stored spike]

A glimpse into the near future:

"The nodes are organized in minicolumns and hypercolumns. Vernon Mountcastle described the columnar organization iii of the somatosensory cortex in his 1957 paper. In his 1978 paper iv he elaborated that this columnar organization is found everywhere in the cortex. A hypercolumn consists of up to 100 minicolumns. Each minicolumn consists of around 80 neurons. A hypercolumn comprises a computational unit, able to learn and to match complex temporal patterns. At least 10,000 digital nodes can be mapped onto a full-custom ASIC, representing one complete hypercolumn. "

So 8000 neurons in a hypercolumn. How many synapses per neuron?

"Therefore it is possible to train individual hypercolumns for specific tasks, such as the recognition of sounds, syllables and words, or visual image recognition consisting of the identification of line segments. This task is then copied into a function library, where it can be used to upload the function to larger networks consisting of many hypercolumns. This gives the machine sufficient innate knowledge to proceed to learn from subsequent sensory input streams. Increasingly complex functionality is copied as "learning models‟ into the function library."

"Consider that intelligence is defined vi as:
a. The capacity to autonomously acquire knowledge and skills, e.g. to learn.
b. To form associations between knowledge.
c. To be aware of the self and the environment, to learn from it and to be able to interact with it.
d. The ability for autonomous adaptability to a new environment.
e. The ability to think, reason and combine knowledge to form new solutions.
f. The ability to comprehend relationships.
g. A capacity for abstract thought.
h. A capacity to create new ideas, philosophy and art
. "

Just as well Peter was not around in Gallileo's day.

"At an average of 7000 synapses per node this represents a sustainable throughput of nearly 50 Gigabytes of data per second per device. A modest synthetic brain will consist of thousands of devices."

Cortical columns

"The design is highly repetitive, with each node an exact replica of every other node. It is therefore expected that the small scale design will scale quite well to a component containing at least 10,000 nodes. The connectome for the larger scale device will be the biological model of a cortical column."

Well now I've got to rethink my assumption that the 2-bit and 4-bit implementations of Akida would require correspondingly scaled MAC circuits. The NPUs (previously single-bit) have now been arranged in groups of 4 to form nodes, so is it possible that a node is capable of handling 4-bit weights and activations without a MAC circuit? After all, adding a MAC circuit to an NPU would be a major redesign. But I think I did see an article from the company which did confirm the MAC hypothesis ...
Every long term shareholder should read that paper its like almost the beginning of this brainchip journey It surely gave me an extraordinary feeling reading again. I was searching for the cortical column side of things, I read these articles or patents and as soon as my feeble mind thinks it sort of understands what's going on I get bludgeoned by brilliance. A definite must read for any true blue brn holder.
I'm still searching for the reference he made about have a working cortical column on the bench or words to that effect

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Hi 4jct,
it is certainly a good idea to give the possibility to coordinate things if events occur that make this necessary (and for example to make sure that every shareholder votes at the next agm, this was discussed after the last agm). It seems to me as if jtardiff999s point is not to be underestimated (that management and retail holders represent a considerable part of the company). And as you said this forum provides a platform (to discuss, share ideas). So maybe this is all that is needed. Most flexibility and opportunity to coordinate lies probably in something like "as much freedom as possible for each shareholder as much organisation as necessary".
Regards
cassip
I would have thought that voting situation that occured at the agm would be enough to make holders pull their finger out next time myself included.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Plenty of cortical microcircuit models around.

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Every long term shareholder should read that paper its like almost the beginning of this brainchip journey It surely gave me an extraordinary feeling reading again. I was searching for the cortical column side of things, I read these articles or patents and as soon as my feeble mind thinks it sort of understands what's going on I get bludgeond by brilliance. A definite must read for any true blue brn holder.
I'm still searching for the reference he made about have a working cortical column on the bench or words to that effect

BrainChip (ASX:BRN) at the Stocks Down Under Semiconductor Conference on 30 November 2021

Yes. Akida 2000 is very exciting too. We are developing that here in Perth. We have an excellent team here in Perth of highly qualified people who are working on Akida 2000 and Akida 3000. So we’re really thinking ahead here. Akida 2000 will be optimized for more complex network architectures, such as [inaudible 00:29:37] transformers. And for a very large part, those simulations of those chips are… At least Akida 2000 is already…the simulation is working already. And we are getting ready to hand it over to engineering.

So Akida 3000 is going to a cortical network. Cortical networks are based on the way the human cortex works. They’re still a lot of open questions about, especially in neuroscience, how that exactly works. We’ll be building models of the cortex and see how we can apply that to a real commercial environment. Of course, everything we do, of course, even though the science is fascinating, we have to always keep in mind that we are building commercial products.

BrainChip (ASX:BRN) at the Stocks Down Under Semiconductor Conference on 30 November 2021
https://stocksdownunder.com/video/b...r-semiconductor-conference-on-1-november-2021

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 57 users

Yes. Akida 2000 is very exciting too. We are developing that here in Perth. We have an excellent team here in Perth of highly qualified people who are working on Akida 2000 and Akida 3000. So we’re really thinking ahead here. Akida 2000 will be optimized for more complex network architectures, such as [inaudible 00:29:37] transformers. And for a very large part, those simulations of those chips are… At least Akida 2000 is already…the simulation is working already. And we are getting ready to hand it over to engineering.

So Akida 3000 is going to a cortical network. Cortical networks are based on the way the human cortex works. They’re still a lot of open questions about, especially in neuroscience, how that exactly works. We’ll be building models of the cortex and see how we can apply that to a real commercial environment. Of course, everything we do, of course, even though the science is fascinating, we have to always keep in mind that we are building commercial products.

https://stocksdownunder.com/video/b...r-semiconductor-conference-on-1-november-2021
Thank good sir!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dhm

Regular
Hi @Bravo i nearly choked on my haggis yesterday when I saw your post. Can you provide a link for this? Is this what PVDM has been creating? Could this be along the lines of Akida 3000?
ADAA3304-109A-4733-ADCF-FFE14B1649C2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi @Bravo i nearly choked on my haggis yesterday when I saw your post. Can you provide a link for this? Is this what PVDM has been creating? Could this be along the lines of Akida 3000? View attachment 11761
Here the link.

Learning
Its great to be a shareholder.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

cassip

Regular
I would have thought that voting situation that occured at the agm would be enough to make holders pull their finger out next time myself included.
Maybe there will be some new holders until next agm takes place?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

uiux

Regular
Hi @Bravo i nearly choked on my haggis yesterday when I saw your post. Can you provide a link for this? Is this what PVDM has been creating? Could this be along the lines of Akida 3000? View attachment 11761

This isn't brainchip so stop saying it is

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Dhm

Regular
This isn't brainchip so stop saying it is

Sorry.

Ouch.

My uninformed thought patterns got tricked with the Mercedes logo and the ‘brain’ connection, together with the brilliant mind of PVDM.

Oh, and it was published on a Brainchip forum.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

cosors

👀
@Bravo, if you want it's yours. The photos don't reflect it properly. It's really funny and a really well done 3D image. As a thank you for your tireless work, I'll let you get this funny and very well done thing. Just send me an address via the personal chat and off you go, if you want. Found it today...
IMG20220718213035.jpg

IMG20220718212952.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Pmel

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Pmel

Regular

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

GStocks123

Regular
Morning all- very interesting video on Prof Hossam H regardless if Akida’s embedded..

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Hi jt.
Very fair point. My concern though is that as rightly pointed out prior, you can’t trust anyone in this game. We have seen a large vote against PVDM at the agm so all is not necessarily tight at the top and most small retailers hold the “what can I do” view and hand their proxies to the chairman. These can equal many millions of votes that could be used for or against our best interests. It would be great to have a 25% (or whatever could be mustered) stake under retail control if we could possibly be organised enough. It’s a long shot suggestion but this forum offers a platform to make it possible. It would though require widespread support which doesn’t seem to be here.
Don't want to be mean butt I'm a litle over this conversation to be honest. I like this site, the conversations and sharing but there is no way I will be handing my voting rights to someone I don't know. How about we just get on with what this forum is here for. Sahring rrsearch into the great company.

SC

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Socionext is pumping Akida.

Screenshot_20220719-070529_Twitter~2.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 90 users
Top Bottom