BRN Discussion Ongoing

Also be careful while investing right now in anything, due to my belief in the market going down, I think everyone can get in on stocks for cheaper even crypto lol. My opinion only

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Damn it we are going back down, can we get a freaking update? Even Nviso has more updates on their website on the progress for their investors.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Proga

Regular
Damn it we are going back down, can we get a freaking update? Even Nviso has more updates on their website on the progress for their investors.
The whole market is going backwards. Any positive announcement would be blunted.

Reactions: 8 users
I recall a poster not long ago saying one of the things mentioned by Co rep was that companies understood why SNN was the next step but were still getting heads around the processing.

Was watching a video over the weekend by Rodolphe Sepulchre and was interesting to get an actual Researcher / Academics insight into basic Neuromorphic thoughts.

Rodolphe Sepulchre is a control engineer and theorist at Cambridge University. He focuses on applying feedback control engineering principles to build circuits that model neurons and neuronal circuits. We discuss his work on mixed feedback control – positive and negative – as an underlying principle of the mixed digital and analog brain signals,, the role of neuromodulation as a controller, applying these principles to Eve Marder’s lobster/crab neural circuits, building mixed-feedback neuromorphics, some feedback control history, and how “If you wish to contribute original work, be prepared to face loneliness,” among other topics.

Video at end of post (go to around 53min mark) and transcript can be found HERE though is a bit disjointed as Rodolphe has an accent so the words not always match perfectly.

The crux was in his section about neuromorphics / barriers where he states industry is very excited for neuromorphics however whilst the technology is understood and is ahead of us (researchers), the theory behind it for researchers etc lags and is not understood that well yet.

This to me lends support to my first sentence in that industry wants & needs SNN / neuromorphic but is struggling a little to get their head around it entirely. This also dovetails in BRNs recent efforts with academia and empowering and accelerating the next Gen of engineers & developers who WILL understand it and drive the uptake forward.

Adds weight to how ahead of the curve BRN, PVDM, Anil et al are.

Just need someone in industry to take the leap and say right...we get it...here's how we can use Akida and commit publicly.

A comment that Rodolphe also made was:

"And that’s why there is such a, an interest in the industry. And, and so I’m, I’m not worried about, you know, the potential of, um, neuromorphic. Um, I’m more worried about, um, the pace of developments of the theory. It’s very slow <laugh>, um, partly because, you know, most of people work. I mean, this is a bandwagon effect. So nowadays it’s, you know, far easier to get a job and just to develop another deep neural network."

He also states:

"And at least my understanding of neuromorphic is that it’s precise leader, the mixture of the tool that’s that is fundamental to neuromorphic. And the truth is that we don’t have a theory for that. We, we don’t, we don’t know how to handle spikes. So we, some people handle spikes in a statistical way. Some people say that spikes are irrelevant. Some people say that each single spikes is hugely important, but I mean, this diversity of, uh, almost opinions, I would say <laugh> is just telling us that we don’t have a good theory to handle, um, spiking information technology at the moment."

Speaks of Intel chip (obviously this is out there in the research community as we know) and Event based cameras - speaks highly of these:

That’s a tough question. <laugh>, uh, talking about the future. It’s always difficult. My experience is that technology as very often is way ahead of us. And when I say us, I mean researchers. So I think that the theory of neuromorphic design is lacking behind the technology of neuromorphic design, um, by a very significant margin. Nowadays, there is a huge interest from the industry for neuromorphic. Intel is building, uh, neuromorphic chips and, and, and then the event based camera was commercialized just a few years ago, but it’s, I think it’s a complete revolution in the computer vision, um, industry and community, but the theory likes behind we have why, because what we have on the table, what we learn as a students is a sort of a double sets of tools. And you pick your digital tool or your analog tools from two different bags. And, and you do that at every level in every discipline.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Dhm

Regular
The whole market is going backwards. Any positive announcement would be blunted.
It depends on how positive the positive announcement is. If it is unexpected positive (like, say Dell) then boom. If expected positive like another Nvisio or similar, then mark time or follow the market down. But, anything positive continues to derisk the company and it will fire up that much more when the market settles. All my uninformed opinion.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
If you also look into a lot of companies wanting to go public, they have all postponed it for now due to the market. I can name a few but that would be illegal 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Product
Solutions
619cfa198370e2b151f119a6_Polygon%201.svg

Developers

Pricing
Company

Blog
LoginGet started
BLOG POST

Sleeping with One AI App Open​

MACHINE LEARNING, EMBEDDED DEVICES, TINYML
Nick Bild
22 August 2022
Blog_1200_x_800_11_7b833c936d.png

There is nothing quite like a good night's sleep. A nice long snooze helps us to think clearly, reduces stress, and even lowers our risk for serious diseases like diabetes and heart disease. The benefits of sleep are especially apparent to those that are not getting enough of it. Sleep deprivation can be caused by many factors, such as snoring — 40% of adult men and 24% of adult women snore regularly, and this commonly impacts both sleep quality and quantity. And that is not the end of it, either. The person who sleeps with the snorer can also be disturbed and suffer from sleep deprivation (not to mention irritation with the snorer).
For most people, snoring is at its worst when sleeping on their backs. So, one simple, natural solution to snoring that often works is shifting to sleep on one’s side. Taking these facts under consideration, machine learning enthusiast Wamiq Raza decided to develop an algorithm to detect snoring that can run locally on a smartphone or other edge computing device. With such an algorithm available, one would be able to unobtrusively recognize patterns of snoring, perhaps on hardware they already own. This would make it possible to give a snorer a gentle nighttime nudge to remind them to roll on their side, or to provide their doctor with longitudinal data about their sleep issues.
spaces_EJB_5_Oae_Yj_M5_VSFEKLE_Fz_uploads_git_blob_ae195147084848da9fac0335b36674f921a14266_data_acquisition_2_38538ffc19.jpg
Exploring the training data in Edge Impulse Studio
Raza knew from previous experience that a neural network classifier should be able to do the job of recognizing the characteristic sound of snoring, so he set about building this type of model in Edge Impulse Studio. Before a neural network can be put to work on a new task, it needs to be trained, however. A dataset of 1000 audio samples was pieced together from multiple sources for this purpose. 500 of the examples contained snoring sounds (some also with various background noises present), and another 500 did not contain any snoring, but rather consisted of a variety of common sounds — sirens of emergency vehicles, rain and thunderstorms, streetcar sounds, and people talking, for example.
The dataset was uploaded to Edge Impulse using the data acquisition tool, then an impulse was built to process and classify it. An Audio MFE preprocessing block was first added to extract time and frequency features from a signal. By extracting these features, it reduces the computational complexity of the rest of the pipeline — this is critically important in working with resource-constrained edge computing devices. Those features were then routed into a neural network with two outputs, snoring and not snoring.
spaces_EJB_5_Oae_Yj_M5_VSFEKLE_Fz_uploads_git_blob_8d24bc663660994281c365e9f22c9c984d2d25a0_learning_block_a16ae90b9a.jpg
The completed audio classification impulse
The model was trained for 100 epochs after some minor tweaking of the hyperparameters. The data acquisition tool had automatically set aside 20% of the data to be excluded from training so that it could be used to validate the model’s performance later. Using this test data, it was found that the model had achieved a very impressive 97.42% accuracy rate in distinguishing between audio samples containing snoring, and those that do not. A live classification tool is also available that makes it possible to test out an algorithm in real-world scenarios before deploying it to a physical device. Since Raza was wide awake, however, he moved on to the deployment process.
Model_Testing_5fa7e700e4.png
Results of model testing
As previously mentioned, Raza wanted to make sure that this algorithm was available in the most unobtrusive manner possible, so he deployed it to the smartphone that he already had using Edge Impulse Studio’s deployment tools. With just a few clicks, his smartphone became an expert snoring detector. He points out that the exact same machine learning classification pipeline can just as easily be deployed to alternate targets. This could come in handy if someone was interested in developing a dedicated snore detection device, for example.
Classifier_f6f5457a38.png
Smartphone running snore detector
Detailed project documentation is available, so be sure to take a look for some helpful tips. You can also clone Raza’s Edge Impulse project to get a head start in building your own snore detector before you slip away to dreamland.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

VictorG

Every time I think I can't afford anymore BRN, I find a way to buy more.
Short term pain = a much bigger yacht.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Proga

Regular
It depends on how positive the positive announcement is. If it is unexpected positive (like, say Dell) then boom. If expected positive like another Nvisio or similar, then mark time or follow the market down. But, anything positive continues to derisk the company and it will fire up that much more when the market settles. All my uninformed opinion.
Depends what's driving the market. Recession risk fears is driving down the market atm = less spending which trumps everything else. BRN will get caught up in the general panic.

Have to wait and see how long the recession risk lasts. New data could turn it around in a few days. The Fed has its annual conference at Jackson Hole this week. They'll make some forward looking statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

Every time I think I can't afford anymore BRN, I find a way to buy more.
Short term pain = a much bigger yacht.
I’m waiting patiently to buy in as I’ve still not sold some of my coin yet as it’s been pumping since the release plus I’ve got my self super to use. Might see what happening overnight in America before i decide to take the plunge

Reactions: 5 users

VictorG

I’m waiting patiently to buy in as I’ve still not sold some of my coin yet as it’s been pumping since the release plus I’ve got my self super to use. Might see what happening overnight in America before i decide to take the plunge
Resistance is futile, you know you want it NOW. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

Resistance is futile, you know you want it NOW. 😏
How can I sell something that’s on the up to buy something currently is in a downtrend, but I’m not going to delay using my self super too much longer.

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Was just catching up on the NASA / Microchip discussion from last week & the lack of direct relationship with Microchip.

Saw the headline and whether any potential tie ins opps for BRN.

Was a potential partner link with Edge Impulse through the ecosystem.

Just found another article that highlights a potential other avenue for input via SiFive who have a strong relationship with Microsemi (who Microchip acquired) and has strong connections & supply chain through NASA.

May be an area to watch for any developments down the track.

Microchip to develop next generation 12 core RISC-V space processor for NASA​

Business news | August 16, 2022
By Nick Flaherty
MPUS/MCUS SPACE RISC-V

Microchip has won a $50m project to develop the next generation of high reliability processor for space missions based on RISC-V technology.

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory has selected Microchip to develop the High-Performance Spaceflight Computing (HPSC) processor that will provide at least 100 times the computational capacity of current spaceflight computers for all types of future space missions, from planetary exploration to lunar and Mars surface missions.
The radiation hardened, fault tolerant processor will be based on 12 instantiations of the X280 RISC-V core from SiFive and will be used in a series of ruggedized radiation tolerant single board computers.
“Our current spaceflight computers were developed almost 30 years ago,” said Wesley Powell, NASA’s principal technologist for advanced avionics. “While they have served past missions well, future NASA missions demand significantly increased onboard computing capabilities and reliability. The new computing processor will provide the advances required in performance, fault tolerance, and flexibility to meet these future mission needs.”

Microchip will architect, design, and deliver the HPSC processor over three years, with the goal of employing the processor on future lunar and planetary exploration missions. The scalable, modular fault tolerant architecture will include significant research and development. A key element is to include the ability to shut down processing blocks to save power.
Microchip benefits from extensive space experience through its acquisition of Atmel and Microsemi and a space design team in France. Microsemi has a strong relationship with RISC-V core supplier SiFive. It already has a range of radiation tolerant processors, networking and memory devices with a supply chain approved for NASA projects.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has commissioned a similar programme, which is using the RISC-V open instruction set. SPARC and LEON designs are also still being used in space projects.

“We are pleased that NASA selected Microchip as its partner to develop the next-generation space-qualified compute processor platform.” said Babak Samimi, corporate vice president for Microchip’s Communications business unit.
“We are making a joint investment with NASA on a new trusted and transformative compute platform. It will deliver comprehensive Ethernet networking, advanced artificial intelligence/machine learning processing and connectivity support while offering unprecedented performance gain, fault-tolerance, and security architecture at low power consumption,” he said.
“We will foster an industry wide ecosystem of single board computer partners anchored on the HPSC processor and Microchip’s complementary space-qualified total system solutions to benefit a new generation of mission-critical edge compute designs optimized for size, weight, and power.”
Microchip’s HPSC processor may be useful to other US government agencies for satellite systems, says NASA.
The processor could potentially be used for commercial systems on Earth that require similar mission critical edge computing needs as space missions and are able to safely continue operations if one component of the system fails. These potential applications include industrial automation, edge computing, time-sensitive ethernet data transmission, artificial intelligence, and even Internet of Things gateways, which bridge various communication technologies.
www.nasa.gov; www.microchip.com

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Ah well. Another nice top up coming up end of this week by the looks.

Nothings changed. Also my boss knows I won’t retire this year… told him so…

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Lex555

Regular
Hi Lex, Further to your research, came across this today from the Breaking Defence website, that if Akida is not being trialled/used in this, then it certainly should.
Akida Ballista
Hi DP, yes it seems like a no brainer. The best part of it all, the founder Luckey Palmer is a balls to the wall younger version of Musk, and I’ve got no doubt of all the engineers within a tech company like Anduril or Tesla the word AKIDA has filtered through.

To me it’s just at what stage, have they been playing with our IP for the last year or two or have they just found out after Mercedes Benz announcements.

The submarines would be great with Akida though to me the big one for them like I said in my original post is deploying a sensor bomb full of Akida enabled devices which would integrate into their lattice OS.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

Sorry if this has been posted while I was flying back to the uk, so I might have missed it. Will delete if anyone says it has already

Did they write this article last year and only just posit it lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Taproot

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Hi DP, yes it seems like a no brainer. The best part of it all, the founder Luckey Palmer is a balls to the wall younger version of Musk, and I’ve got no doubt of all the engineers within a tech company like Anduril or Tesla the word AKIDA has filtered through.

To me it’s just at what stage, have they been playing with our IP for the last year or two or have they just found out after Mercedes Benz announcements.

The submarines would be great with Akida though to me the big one for them like I said in my original post is deploying a sensor bomb full of Akida enabled devices which would integrate into their lattice OS.
I was just having a gander at there web site, they have more open positions on offer than Seek.o_O
I have never seen a company with so many jobs on offer, here and abroad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Newk R

Regular
Tend to agree. I've been in since 2016 and don't remember such a long "blackout" period....sure hope the news will be spectacular when it eventually sees the light of day.......
Just an observation on this. If the company has some idea of pending good news in the future, why would they let out useless updates in the meantime.
My point being, if there was no news on the horizon, we would possibly see all sorts of vague releases in the vain hope of propping up the share price.
So, in this instance, perhaps "Silence is Golden".

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom