AVZ Discussion 2022

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Glad you got to share some information with shareholders who aren’t on the forums to get a different perspective Retro

A couple of the guys at the pre show drinks made the trek down from Newie, so perhaps you could lobby Nigel to add Newcastle to the next round of roadshows

…. but can you tell me who had the handbag 👜

One of the young blokes, of course. But based on what other people were wearing in that pub last night a bloke with a handbag wouldn't raise an eyebrow. Besides, we were so engrossed in AVZ conversation that even the male wearing a corset standing in line at the bar didn't distract us from the topic.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Doc

Master of Quan
My take from last night was Nigel seemed nice and calm and engaged well with attendees. If there was a question he didnt want answered he’d just move on. Some good snippets of info were gleaned.
Most questions answered well with some good detail given in some key points.
There were a few smirks and raised eyebrows when he wanted to say more but couldn’t.
I wouldn’t say I came out all warm and fuzzy but topics covered did calm the nerves somewhat.

I would however ask management for the next roadshow can we start on East Coast (Sydney to be exact) ? Too many slides were omitted after the good stuff was leaked from the West Coast RS.

Nice to have a beer with some lads beforehand and put some faces to names.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Rediah

Regular
Just in case if I missed, was the MoP's was discussed at Syd RS regarding her statement for 15%?
If yes, you guys were satisfied with NF's response?
🙏

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
I think it helps to have the occasional laugh on this forum, though it’s not always easy to pick the appropriate time.

Right now shareholders who haven’t been able to attend a Roadshow are still somewhat in the dark, whilst those who have been able to attend have left with a renewed sense of confidence.

The reason for this is because the forums are being monitored by those in the DRC (and elsewhere) who would try and unlawfully steal this project from us, and use anything said on the forums against us, even after AVZ have spent millions of dollars progressing the project and contributing to the local communities. Any comments to the contrary are outright lies.

Recently there has been a media campaign by Adele Kayinda (DRC Minister of Portfolio) trying to undermine the DRC President and AVZ (the company) in regards to the Dathcom - Manono project.

Jules Alingete (The Inspector General of Finance) released a report earlier this year stating

The sale of the 15% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to ZIJIN Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from the companies in the Portfolio and caused, with regard to the assessments made in the study of feasibility, a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury estimated at US$116,560,000. It was a real sale of the State's mining heritage, for which you are responsible.

Would the US$6,800,000 be kickbacks ?

Out of the total amount of proceeds from the sale of 15% of the shares, which amounts to US$33,440,000, you have already used approximately US$6,800,000 for operating needs to the detriment of productive investments, including USD 5,438,198 $US for commissions, collations, fees, exceptional remuneration of all those who would have contributed to the operation.

On the sale of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM to MMS

The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to DATHOMIR Mining Sarl, but which with regard to the transfer contract, was final and irrevocable without the income from the transfer being traced to COMINIERE.

The IGF considers in particular that there was a violation in the sale of 15% of the shares of COMINIERE to the Chinese of ZIJIN Mining Ldt

The IGF (who was brought in by the President of the DRC to rectify the corruption and stealing of funds from the Government and people of the DRC) also acknowledges that Adele Kayinda (MoP), who oversaw Cominiere’s actions, was complicit in the illegal sale of the mining assets held by Cominiere to Chinese mining giant Zigin.

In addition to this, there is evidence that suggests that the current DRC Prime Minister (Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge) had full knowledge of the actions taken by Adele Kayinda to undermine our company.

I understand the frustration as much as anyone here, no matter how hard, a little more patience, humour, and having faith that Nigel is making progress is our best method of moving forward.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Just in case if I missed, was the MoP's was discussed at Syd RS regarding her statement for 15%?
🙏

Mate a broad gamut of topics were discussed.
Many were responded to with Nigel’s opinion on matters.
Was I happy with what was said, yes. Is what was said a 100% iron clad guarantee of what will happen, no.
All we can do is wait for the announcements.

One thing to mention is Ben Cohen knows his stuff and looks an integral part of operations. Jan too.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
One thing to mention is Ben Cohen know his stuff and looks an integral part of operations. Jan too.

Definitely - Nigel threw to Ben several times for input on some questions, and Ben was confident and impressive.

Reactions: 27 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
🙏

Yes it was discussed and Nigel's position on that was very clear, and satisfied my concern

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 24 users
Long time watcher, first time poster.

I was at the Sydney RS last night. Great night, for the guys there I was the lonely bourbon drinker. Holding since 2018

I agree with Doc & Retrobyte comments, the overwhelming thing Nigel pressed was do not listen to the BS from certain elements in the press, twitter and the bad actors relating to Zinjin, hydro, Klaus and other concerns etc.

It seems that Nigel and the team are playing a good clean strategic game which takes longer to get the right outcome. Yes I am frustrated like everybody else and could have used funds 6 months ago for a house build. AVZ is my team so will hang in for the win.

BTW the pineapple display down stairs was interesting.....

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
Is that a handbag between those two blokes on the right?
Haha... G'day Moneybags, you like the bag? It is just a leather brief case for a computer... It belongs to Whiddon3. I know this, because I am Whiddon3 on HC. Have not really posted on this forum much. Good to catch up with a wide range of SH's last night. Exciting times ahead.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Frank

Top 20
Definitely - Nigel threw to Ben several times for input on some questions, and Ben was confident and impressive.
Ditto, I concur, Fyi, fwiw, Retro,

I too came away from the Melb Road Show very impressed by our Brother in arms Ben

I also came away thinking, this definitely isn't the "Nigel Show" - I / We have Tickets to

But a close knit Team determined to fight for what is rightfully ours (y)

lets-win-this-all-for-one-and-one-for-all.jpg

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank 🤞

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Thaz

Regular
Annoying that I couldn't go to the Sydney roadie (just under the threshold and got a little one that I need to help look after for with my wife).

But, glad to see the general sentiments are of the same - Nigel had calmed the farm so to speak. A question I have , is the roadhsow something that could have / should have been done as part of the AGM? Or was it a forum for larger shareholders to ask questions do that it doesn't clug up the AGM into a q and a?

Big question is - was there any spies (ala Tommy boy) who was hovering outside the venue ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20
I hate taking Shit from the Crapper :eek:

But when it's Good Shit i'll make an exception, as it works both ways,

If it helps anyone, I went to the Sydney Roadshow last night.

I too was Frustrated at the post roadshow "as confident as ever" comments coming out.

Sorry to say my report is, I am as confident as ever. I trust Nigel.

Bureaucracy takes time.

Weeding out corruption takes time.

There's only one way to do this, and thats the right way.

Timb​

Frank (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

TDITD

Top 20
Haha... G'day Moneybags, you like the bag? It is just a leather brief case for a computer... It belongs to Whiddon3. I know this, because I am Whiddon3 on HC. Have not really posted on this forum much. Good to catch up with a wide range of SH's last night. Exciting times ahead.
Well you will have to change that mate, @MoneyBags1348 has been desperately waiting over here for someone to talk handbags ;)
Over here much better, actual holders here.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Chilla

Regular
Annoying that I couldn't go to the Sydney roadie (just under the threshold and got a little one that I need to help look after for with my wife).

But, glad to see the general sentiments are of the same - Nigel had calmed the farm so to speak. A question I have , is the roadhsow something that could have / should have been done as part of the AGM? Or was it a forum for larger shareholders to ask questions do that it doesn't clug up the AGM into a q and a?

Big question is - was there any spies (ala Tommy boy) who was hovering outside the venue ?
Roadshow doesnt allow them to add material new info.....but does allow them to add a bit more nuanced background and colouring in of the picture of whats going on. The attendees are vetted so i doubt spies would get in the door. AGM is a public meeting so it will be details as per the asx announced AGM presntation...i dont see them veering too far off the info in the Preso as they need to keep the info tight at the moment so the detractors cant use it to assist their nefarious intents. All imo.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I hate stealing Shit from the Crapper :eek:

But when it's Good Shit i'll make an exception, as it works both ways,

If it helps anyone, I went to the Sydney Roadshow last night.

I too was Frustrated at the post roadshow "as confident as ever" comments coming out.

Sorry to say my report is, I am as confident as ever. I trust Nigel.

Bureaucracy takes time.

Weeding out corruption takes time.

There's only one way to do this, and thats the right way.

Timb​

Frank (y)

So does that mean now it's "Timb will tell" :D

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Samus

Top 20
In hindsight I thought the roadshow was a bit sobering and that's why many holders who attended have gone a bit quiet. There was a lot to process with regard to managements perspective on things.
We know what's been going on and there'll be no compromise from the official company position on these matters.
You can forget about takeover and caving in to any of the detractors or bad actors and paying any large sum of money. As such any more talk of this on the forums can be taken as noise imo. It is difficult to understand why some have come out of the roadshows still peddling this rubbish.
Whatever happens it'll likely take more time imo, more navigating of the disinformation campaign and evasion of the tactics of the corrupt. Everything is hinging on the mining licence, without it we're dead in the water.
The company is in a very difficult position and the peddling of various narratives on social media has not been helpful to the cause.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

whales

Regular
I think it helps to have the occasional laugh on this forum, though it’s not always easy to pick the appropriate time.

Right now shareholders who haven’t been able to attend a Roadshow are still somewhat in the dark, whilst those who have been able to attend have left with a renewed sense of confidence.

The reason for this is because the forums are being monitored by those in the DRC (and elsewhere) who would try and unlawfully steal this project from us, and use anything said on the forums against us, even after AVZ have spent millions of dollars progressing the project and contributing to the local communities. Any comments to the contrary are outright lies.

Recently there has been a media campaign by Adele Kayinda (DRC Minister of Portfolio) trying to undermine the DRC President and AVZ (the company) in regards to the Dathcom - Manono project.

Jules Alingete (The Inspector General of Finance) released a report earlier this year stating

The sale of the 15% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to ZIJIN Mining was carried out in violation of the legal provisions on the withdrawal of the State from the companies in the Portfolio and caused, with regard to the assessments made in the study of feasibility, a significant shortfall for the Public Treasury estimated at US$116,560,000. It was a real sale of the State's mining heritage, for which you are responsible.

Would the US$6,800,000 be kickbacks ?

Out of the total amount of proceeds from the sale of 15% of the shares, which amounts to US$33,440,000, you have already used approximately US$6,800,000 for operating needs to the detriment of productive investments, including USD 5,438,198 $US for commissions, collations, fees, exceptional remuneration of all those who would have contributed to the operation.

On the sale of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM to MMS

The presumed free and provisional transfer of 5% of COMINIERE's shares in DATHCOM Mining to DATHOMIR Mining Sarl, but which with regard to the transfer contract, was final and irrevocable without the income from the transfer being traced to COMINIERE.

The IGF considers in particular that there was a violation in the sale of 15% of the shares of COMINIERE to the Chinese of ZIJIN Mining Ldt

The IGF (who was brought in by the President of the DRC to rectify the corruption and stealing of funds from the Government and people of the DRC) also acknowledges that Adele Kayinda (MoP), who oversaw Cominiere’s actions, was complicit in the illegal sale of the mining assets held by Cominiere to Chinese mining giant Zigin.

In addition to this, there is evidence that suggests that the current DRC Prime Minister (Jean-Michel Sama Lukonde Kyenge) had full knowledge of the actions taken by Adele Kayinda to undermine our company.

I understand the frustration as much as anyone here, no matter how hard, a little more patience, humour, and having faith that Nigel is making progress is our best method of moving forward.
Unbelievable that the Minister of Mines cannot control CAMI and Green Princess Hyena (Kyenjy)
Is she waiting on IGF trial before she uses her legal skills
Surely she would know the hold up is effecting international perception of doing business in DRC.
Hopefully the storm throws are few lightning bolts in the direction of CAMI and minister of portfolio and others blocking the Manono Project

Reactions: 18 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

Question time went for well over an hour, so yes, I think the RSs were a great format to go over a lot of things without clogging up the AGM.

Reactions: 22 users

😂😂 At last Whiddon, I can finally put a name to a briefcase, a pair of legs and a pair of hands that look like they are conjuring something.

I do certainly remember you for your excellent posts re AVZ on the crapper a long time ago. I even mentioned you in the post that got me permanently suspended from the crapper…. here’s part of that post

I would have liked to have met @Whiddon3 as I liked his post on the Sydney Presentation. I like Nigel, I liked his story about carrying around radioactive rocks in Africa without knowing. I found his answer to a question about “where did he see himself in 5 years” very interesting, and I gained a lot of information.

I’m glad you were there, I always thought your comments were very informed, balanced and professional…. Retro could learn a thing or two from you….

😂😂 Just joking again @Retrobyte, you know I’ll never change 👍👊💥😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom