AVZ Discussion 2022

Uglybob

Regular
https://apnews.com/article/technology-canada-business-china-ontario-b8c72593b341d113cfb74c9cbddafa0c

Canada orders Chinese companies to sell lithium assets​

November 3, 2022
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — Three Chinese companies have been ordered to sell lithium mining assets in Canada after the country’s government imposed limits on foreign involvement in supplying “critical minerals” used in batteries and high-tech products.

The order Wednesday comes as tensions between the West and China mount over control of sources of lithium, rare earths, cadmium and other minerals used in mobile phones, wind turbines, solar cells, electric cars and other emerging technologies.

Chinese miners are investing in production in Africa, Latin America, Canada and elsewhere as the ruling Communist Party encourages development of electric car, clean energy and other tech industries.

Innovation Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne last week announced curbs on involvement of foreign state-owned companies in producing “critical minerals.” He said investment of any size would be approved only on an “exceptional basis.”

The Chinese government criticized the order as a violation of market principles and called on Canada to reverse its decision.

“Canada stretched the concept of national security and placed barriers to normal investment and trade cooperation between Chinese and Canadian companies,” said a foreign ministry spokesman, Zhao Lijian. “We urge Canada to stop the undue suppression of Chinese companies and instead provide a fair, just and non-discriminatory environment for their operation.”

Western governments want industrial supply chains controlled by allies following Russia’s attack on Ukraine, which disrupted global oil and gas markets, and tension with China, which produces most of the world’s rare earths.

Sinomine (Hong Kong) Rare Metals Resources was ordered to sell its stake in Power Metals Corp., based in Vancouver, which has exploration projects for lithium, cesium and tantalum in northern Ontario.

Chengze Lithium International Ltd. is required to divest its interests in Lithium Chile Inc., a company in Calgary with lithium projects underway in Chile. Zangge Mining Investment was ordered to sell its stake in Ultra Lithium Inc. of Vancouver, which has lithium and gold projects in Canada and Argentina.

Canada welcomes foreign investment but “will act decisively when investments threaten our national security and our critical minerals supply chains,” Champagne said in a statement.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Rediah

Regular
Now guys... which one of you tonight suggested Nigel he should - and i quote: ' spend $5 millions doing a AVZ Facebook campain in DRC with pictures of kids working and shit ' :ROFLMAO:

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

He is a good friend of mine and very successful businessman/entrepreneur, but that 'Kids' came out wrong :LOL:

What he meant was “Youth Working and shit” as most of his employees are youth ( he believes in young generation and to him they are kids) who have good skills but perhaps not the best of educational credentials behind them (high school drop outs) and he has given them opportunity to do something with their lives and he wanted same opportunity provided to DRC kids/Youth.

Which he later explained it to Jan DE Jager (CFO) after the presentation

As AVZ is spending good amount of money on the community but its not being reported to people high up and instead have a negative repertoire (those who attended the presentation know what I am talking about) so he suggested get the media team more active on the ground and regularly report the good things being done by the company on all platforms to help the project.

Kids -----> goes to schools
Youth ---> if they dont want higher education then provide them work so that they move out of poverty and crime circle and help build their future with the help of AVZ.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

LEFOOL

Regular
He is a good friend of mine and very successful businessman/entrepreneur, but that 'Kids' came out wrong :LOL:

What he meant was “Youth Working and shit” as most of his employees are youth ( he believes in young generation and to him they are kids) who have good skills but perhaps not the best of educational credentials behind them (high school drop outs) and he has given them opportunity to do something with their lives and he wanted same opportunity provided to DRC kids/Youth.

As AVZ is spending good amount of money on the community but its not being reported to people high up and instead have a negative repertoire (those who attended the presentation know what I am talking about) so he suggested get the media team more active on the ground and regularly report the good things being done by the company on all platforms to help the project.

Youth ---> if they dont want higher education then provide them work so that they move out of poverty and crime circle and help build their future with the help of AVZ.
haha yeah mate i get it but it was funny the way it came out all good it put a bit of atmosphere in the room i guess ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

LEFOOL

Regular
Exploitation done right 😂
I was with the dude when we were talking to Jan, he was basically trying to say we need to get the good things we are doing out to the wider community within the DRC, not enough citizens know the good we are doing.
yeah mate i see where his coming from he meant well i'm just taking the piss ;)

Reactions: 9 users

Bonsoir

Regular
No need for a direct answer to this question but did Nigel indicate who is King K*#nt is this whole saga, is it cong, ekof that prick from cami, Mom or that other green dress wearing voodoo witch ?

Or all of the above ?

Simple yes or no will do if you can’t elaborate.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Doc

Master of Quan
Anyone at the RS this evening ask @Xerof 's serious and pertinent question about access to inexpensive/green hydro power via arrangements regarding the Mpiana Mwanga dam rehab???

It's a critical element in the lower cost numbers for the entire project and the over-riding green credentials for the Manono Lithium DRC transformational journey

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Bump

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Baby Elephant GIF

If anyone would like to PM me whether this dam item was addressed, I would appreciate it. I don't particularly need to know what the response was, just if it was addressed at all. If not, FFS, would someone ask tonight

This is Nige with the elephant in the dam:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Azzler

Top 20
Qlders are soft @Doc , wait for the Melbourne crew to ask the hard questions tonight.😅

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Anyone at the RS this evening ask @Xerof 's serious and pertinent question about access to inexpensive/green hydro power via arrangements regarding the Mpiana Mwanga dam rehab???

It's a critical element in the lower cost numbers for the entire project and the over-riding green credentials for the Manono Lithium DRC transformational journey

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Bueller? Bueller?

Also did anyone press NF on his AJN conflict of interest?

• Thinking

Doc

Master of Quan
Bueller? Bueller?

Also did anyone press NF on his AJN conflict of interest?
Looks like the cone has been activated!

904AAA67-1F75-4128-B16C-3ACC9A66D282.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Chilla

Regular
Baby Elephant GIF

If anyone would like to PM me whether this dam item was addressed, I would appreciate it. I don't particularly need to know what the response was, just if it was addressed at all. If not, FFS, would someone ask tonight

This is Nige with the elephant in the dam:LOL:
I have it on my list...so it will get asked one way or another (y)

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Chilla

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Chilla

Regular
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Samus

Top 20
:unsure:

Exploitation of Manono lithium: The interests of the State defended through COMINIERE​

novembre 7, 2022

Kinshasa, November 7th, 2022 (CPA).- The Minister of State in charge of Portfolio, Adele Kayinda Mahina has promised to invest in defending the interests of the Congolese State, within the Commercial and Mining Company of Congo (COMINIERE), in terms of lithium exploitation in Manono, during a working session in his office in Gombe municipality with the national elected officials of the provinces of Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami.
“I am going to restore COMINIERE to its rights. My fight is to defend the interests of the State through this mining company which is a Portfolio company”, she reassured the delegation of national elected officials from Tanganyika and Haut Lomami.
This delegation of deputies had come to present to the Minister of State the concerns of the populations of her two regions around the exploitation of lithium, useful for the manufacture of electric batteries.
Minister Adele Kayinda said that COMINIERE was taken hostage by its partners and forced not to work, despite its resources. This situation was maintained mainly because of the structural confusion that AVZ maintained « This Company acted as AVZ with COMINIERE while on some of its documents it is AVZ mineral and AVZ international on others ».
And to add: « this same company claims to have a 75% instead of 60% share in its joint venture with the aim of registering with stock market institutions and then raising funds, whereas in Manono it does not have ‘no achievement with a visible impact since its installation 6 years ago,’ the Minister of State further declared.
The battery production chain should start in North Katanga
Among the concerns raised by the delegation of the provinces of Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami to the government representative, there are also the problems of asymmetry of information observed at the level of the population around the exploitation of lithium, reputed as a resource main territory of North Katanga, in particular, Moba, Manono, Nyouszo and Kongolo where there are already farms.
« The people of our two provinces are stepping up to deplore the fact that the government, through the Minister of Industry, has embarked on the process of building a battery manufacturing plant in the territory of Sakanya, in Haut Katanga, instead of favoring North Katanga where this resource is quite present”, said the spokesperson for the caucus, national elected officials from two provinces, Emmanuel Mukundi Nyembo. He stressed that their wish is to see the government promote industrial development in the northern part of Katanga, by simultaneously building two lithium manufacturing plants in Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami.
To facilitate industrial development in this part of the country, national elected officials have pinpointed some constraints that the government must first overcome in terms of infrastructure.
« These include the need for the renovation of existing works such as Mpiana Mwanga dam in Haut-Lomami, the reinforcement of Batendera dam in Kalemie », he listed.
Before their meeting with the Minister of State, in charge of Portfolio, this group of national deputies had been received last Tuesday by the Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku, from whom they wanted to obtain reliable information on the process installation of the electric battery manufacturing plant as well as the fate reserved for their respective provinces, in relation to this major project integrating the national economy. ACP/

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

wombat74

Top 20

The question I have so far after 3 RS is what's actually changed ? Yes they are confident . But they were confident 3 months ago .No they were confident 12 months ago . The ML is the focus . Yeh well the ML has always been the focus . Our good local community work is not being reported up to the higher levels and yet apparently we have always maintained a good relationship with the higher levels . If that message is not getting out there then that's AVZ's failure . The AJN issue is BS . Well the map is still carved up and Klaus is on Video saying otherwise , as well as a big glossy photo of him standing next to the MoP . Nigel says we are going Mining . Well what else is he going to say ?

Next Monday is the big day . Suspension extension or no suspension extension . Is this RS just a butter up ,as some suggested , to make SH feel warm and fuzzy while we have pineapples rammed up our clacker or a build up to the ML presentation at the AGM ? I guess we will find out in a weeks time . GLTAH

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Top of my list for tonight(y)

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you get started.

Exploitation of Manono lithium: The interests of the State defended through COMINIERE​

novembre 7, 2022

Kinshasa, November 7th, 2022 (CPA).- The Minister of State in charge of Portfolio, Adele Kayinda Mahina has promised to invest in defending the interests of the Congolese State, within the Commercial and Mining Company of Congo (COMINIERE), in terms of lithium exploitation in Manono, during a working session in his office in Gombe municipality with the national elected officials of the provinces of Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami.
“I am going to restore COMINIERE to its rights. My fight is to defend the interests of the State through this mining company which is a Portfolio company”, she reassured the delegation of national elected officials from Tanganyika and Haut Lomami.
This delegation of deputies had come to present to the Minister of State the concerns of the populations of her two regions around the exploitation of lithium, useful for the manufacture of electric batteries.
Minister Adele Kayinda said that COMINIERE was taken hostage by its partners and forced not to work, despite its resources. This situation was maintained mainly because of the structural confusion that AVZ maintained « This Company acted as AVZ with COMINIERE while on some of its documents it is AVZ mineral and AVZ international on others ».
And to add: « this same company claims to have a 75% instead of 60% share in its joint venture with the aim of registering with stock market institutions and then raising funds, whereas in Manono it does not have ‘no achievement with a visible impact since its installation 6 years ago,’ the Minister of State further declared.
Among the concerns raised by the delegation of the provinces of Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami to the government representative, there are also the problems of asymmetry of information observed at the level of the population around the exploitation of lithium, reputed as a resource main territory of North Katanga, in particular, Moba, Manono, Nyouszo and Kongolo where there are already farms.
« The people of our two provinces are stepping up to deplore the fact that the government, through the Minister of Industry, has embarked on the process of building a battery manufacturing plant in the territory of Sakanya, in Haut Katanga, instead of favoring North Katanga where this resource is quite present”, said the spokesperson for the caucus, national elected officials from two provinces, Emmanuel Mukundi Nyembo. He stressed that their wish is to see the government promote industrial development in the northern part of Katanga, by simultaneously building two lithium manufacturing plants in Tanganyika and Haut-Lomami.
To facilitate industrial development in this part of the country, national elected officials have pinpointed some constraints that the government must first overcome in terms of infrastructure.
« These include the need for the renovation of existing works such as Mpiana Mwanga dam in Haut-Lomami, the reinforcement of Batendera dam in Kalemie », he listed.
Before their meeting with the Minister of State, in charge of Portfolio, this group of national deputies had been received last Tuesday by the Minister of Industry, Julien Paluku, from whom they wanted to obtain reliable information on the process installation of the electric battery manufacturing plant as well as the fate reserved for their respective provinces, in relation to this major project integrating the national economy. ACP/

Oh what a surprise, Princess Bitchface in a green dress. These articles always sound positive but with a slight backhand and yet nothing changes, one of these days something might actually come to fruition though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Doc

Master of Quan

novembre 7, 2022

Yep we still can’t go 2 days without something like this coming along. You’d think with all the paper bags princess would buy another dress….

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Samus

Top 20

novembre 7, 2022

Isn't that nice to wake up to today? Ffs. We seem to be blocked with some of the highest levels of government spreading porkies again to stifle progress.
Nothing from FT after 6 months and Nigel telling us it's all good. :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

wombat74

Top 20

novembre 7, 2022

So if I am interpreting this correctly is she condemning AVZ in this article ?

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Rediah

Regular
haha yeah mate i get it but it was funny the way it came out all good it put a bit of atmosphere in the room i guess ;)
LoL, indeed it was wtf moment, we were all like 🤦‍♂️ and had a good laugh after that.
and if things go south with ML, big IF, it will be because of his THAT statement, i will hold him responsible 😂😂😂😂
but all good,
Good Luck to Melb people for today.

• Fire
Top Bottom