JAG

Top 20
1666390565729.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Nellie17

Regular
"When you stand to make millions of dollars from your investment it's hard to be negative ." Wombat74 -- 21/10/2022
Happy World Wombat Day Wombie!

💋 💋 😘 😘
Nells

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-091127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022-091127_Samsung Internet.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Bin59

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Happy World Wombat Day Wombie!

💋 💋 😘 😘
Nells

Nells I’m as disappointed as you but I’m afraid our favourite Wombat is married…. But I think Foxy 🦊 might be available

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Remark

Top 20
Morning all. Not sure about the general feeling out there about the behaviour of De Geist and R2D2 but happy to put it out there that I have reported it. Flaming, baiting, personal attacks and totally unwarranted criticism of AVZ holders with a positive attitude towards our stock is straight from the hotcrapper playbook.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread for it’s often robust conversation, excellent research by members and light hearted banter and ribbing. It has made a difficult trading period a whole lot more bearable.

I haven’t directly responded to any of their posts and won’t but it is difficult to watch others being attacked unnecessarily and unfairly.

Not sure if TSE can do anything about it but if not it will be very sad to see this poor behaviour destroy a thread with a healthy culture many good people have worked hard to create.

Good luck to all and have a good day.

Birdman7
The tribe has spoken. @zeeb0t, off with their heads!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
received_529095892361796.jpeg
20221022_084126.jpg

The disrespect that the DRC government is showing AVZ is ridiculous. Constantly going around the world begging for investments and claiming the 'business climate' is improving while the company that has recently done the most to lead the way for non Chinese entities operating in the country are fucked around endlessly is actually bizarre at this point.

On top of that the IGF and local journalists can see the issues that are holding us back and are making noise yet nothing is being done. AVZ management claim that they are working with the highest levels of the DRC government and that we have their full support but actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words.

No wonder Jean Mupande just ignores being fired. The people with the authority to remove him don't keep their word and are never in the country. The Twitter account purporting to be Mupande said last month 'how do you know that Felix wants AVZ to lead the project?'. While we are on the battery council I have seen nothing else concrete so far to demonstrate that we are to be a top player in his battery industry plans.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
View attachment 19636 View attachment 19637

The disrespect that the DRC government is showing AVZ is ridiculous. Constantly going around the world begging for investments and claiming the 'business climate' is improving while the company that has recently done the most to lead the way for non Chinese entities operating in the country are fucked around endlessly is actually bizarre at this point.

On top of that the IGF and local journalists can see the issues that are holding us back and are making noise yet nothing is being done. AVZ management claim that they are working with the highest levels of the DRC government and that we have their full support but actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words.

No wonder Jean Mupande just ignores being fired. The people with the authority to remove him don't keep their word and are never in the country. The Twitter account purporting to be Mupande said last month 'how do you know that Felix wants AVZ to lead the project?'. While we are on the battery council I have seen nothing else concrete so far to demonstrate that we are to be a top player in his battery industry plans.

They carry on like a professional beggar. Used to see them on Pitt Street all the time when I worked there, hand out begging for change but when no one was around they would pull out a brand new iPhone to pass the time.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
C

ChrisU

Can we get back to being the TSE forum instead of HC please?
I've just scrolled through 4 pages of mostly crap.
👆👍✅. Yes they keep dragging it down looking for trolls.

============

With all of AVZ’s woes coming to a head in 2022 in a business environment that is inclined to what we call ‘corruption’, it is reassuring CATH engaged AVZ for the TIA and did not abandon. HuaYou also did not sell its shares. Nor Bin Guo’s Lithium plus to my knowledge. Zijin’s proxy did.

Of course many of us are wary of Chinese involvement including management. When I met Nigel in 2019 at the Sydney RIU conference, he was very keen to head ‘West’. Some of us may recall the Swiss engagement and German as well. Even the GHG report signalled a lot, not least company statements on strategic locations.

But the reality was and is the Chinese partners have a well oiled machine to succeed in DRC. We know that.

This brings me to the point of this post which is not so clear to western audiences.

the Ningde era occupies the leading market and directly drives upstream lithium power materials and equipment enterprises closer to the Ningde era

I want to draw your attention to lower case “the” in “the Ningde Era”. 宁德-时代, suggesting that this is CATL’s time, it’s dominion.

This is how the Chinese often use the word ‘Era’ 时代 ‘Shídài’. It is almost dynastic in connotation. In fact we probably have all intuited this fact but we just see it as marketing. But for the CCP and CATL, it really is the Shídài of CATL reflecting the Shidai of China in the world. It is a gigantic hiving entity that draws all the ‘nutrients’ supply chains in and around itself. When the domestic supply chain entities consider an IPO listing it is as a CATL supply chain entity.

Therefore for AVZ, CATH is a client of CATL. And, yes you guessed it, AVZ is an irritant regards to integration into it’s shidai.

Recall that CATL IPO listing commenced at a time the market was still heating up for lithium but in same month offical EV subsidy plans started to be leaked disconnecting lower range vehicles and lower energy density Li battery companies from the ‘boob’ hence a domino effect on supply and demand. (AVZ’s 37cps happened in January), but by June when CATL listed the market was in decline. (We know what Eckhof did signalling that, and despite we were (and are) waiting on BNB’s IPO plans to emerge + more.). Result is CATL worked to pick up cheap pickings including as you know Yibin looking to get a board seat on the cheap. 4.5cps was humiliating. Thanks to the Australian Government they didn’t get a board seat. If they did however, what would that do for the current politics on AVZ shoring up it’s mandate over Manono’s key real estate?

CATL probably doesn’t care. It is developing sodium batteries to take the heat out of the lithium battery market. By the time Manono is in production the prices could be lower. But they may still be higher than anything AVZ’s DFS imagined.

As we often rehearse in our mind when we think about jurisdiction risk, it is occasionally noted the Congolese know what depending on one external state does for its sovereignty. The ‘SHIDAI hiving Ningde’ needs careful resisting Perhaps AVZ finding another partner besides CATH wiii pave the way to make the Chinese more respectful?

The USA really needs to see its client states and partners as ‘Americans’ too. The US needs to embrace AVZ more as one of its own just as it does with the 5 eyes.

A little more on the direction I see, is that China has embarked on the “ideological man” phase, ‘Marxist-Leninism’, with Xi Jingping its emblem of sanctity and authority to-be-on/par with Mao Zedong.

L

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
C

ChrisU

View attachment 19636 View attachment 19637

If Mupande said that he has a point. We assume FT wants AVZ to lead.

But I don’t agree with this:

“On top of that the IGF and local journalists can see the issues that are holding us back and are making noise yet nothing is being done”

IGF is closing in on Cominiere. Others are slowly being implicated. There must be a lot of argy bargy we can’t see to make these steps. Nigel behaved as if there was ni politics. We just can’t compete in that field game. Hopefully that’s a blessing wrought by the Australian jurisdiction on bribery.
But as a seasoned operator there said, corruption is legalised by offering equity in your company. This is what Ivanhoe did.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Roon

Regular

============

With all of AVZ’s woes coming to a head in 2022 in a business environment that is inclined to what we call ‘corruption’, it is reassuring CATH engaged AVZ for the TIA and did not abandon. HuaYou also did not sell its shares. Nor Bin Guo’s Lithium plus to my knowledge. Zijin’s proxy did.

Of course many of us are wary of Chinese involvement including management. When I met Nigel in 2019 at the Sydney RIU conference, he was very keen to head ‘West’. Some of us may recall the Swiss engagement and German as well. Even the GHG report signalled a lot, not least company statements on strategic locations.

But the reality was and is the Chinese partners have a well oiled machine to succeed in DRC. We know that.

This brings me to the point of this post which is not so clear to western audiences.

the Ningde era occupies the leading market and directly drives upstream lithium power materials and equipment enterprises closer to the Ningde era

I want to draw your attention to lower case “the” in “the Ningde Era”. 宁德-时代, suggesting that this is CATL’s time, it’s dominion.

This is how the Chinese often use the word ‘Era’ 时代 ‘Shídài’. It is almost dynastic in connotation. In fact we probably have all intuited this fact but we just see it as marketing. But for the CCP and CATL, it really is the Shídài of CATL reflecting the Shidai of China in the world. It is a gigantic hiving entity that draws all the ‘nutrients’ supply chains in and around itself. When the domestic supply chain entities consider an IPO listing it is as a CATL supply chain entity.

Therefore for AVZ, CATH is a client of CATL. And, yes you guessed it, AVZ is an irritant regards to integration into it’s shidai.

Recall that CATL IPO listing commenced at a time the market was still heating up for lithium but in same month offical EV subsidy plans started to be leaked disconnecting lower range vehicles and lower energy density Li battery companies from the ‘boob’ hence a domino effect on supply and demand. (AVZ’s 37cps happened in January), but by June when CATL listed the market was in decline. (We know what Eckhof did signalling that, and despite we were (and are) waiting on BNB’s IPO plans to emerge + more.). Result is CATL worked to pick up cheap pickings including as you know Yibin looking to get a board seat on the cheap. 4.5cps was humiliating. Thanks to the Australian Government they didn’t get a board seat. If they did however, what would that do for the current politics on AVZ shoring up it’s mandate over Manono’s key real estate?

CATL probably doesn’t care. It is developing sodium batteries to take the heat out of the lithium battery market. By the time Manono is in production the prices could be lower. But they may still be higher than anything AVZ’s DFS imagined.

As we often rehearse in our mind when we think about jurisdiction risk, it is occasionally noted the Congolese know what depending on one external state does for its sovereignty. The ‘shidai hiving dragon’ needs careful resisting. And the USA really needs to see its client states and partners as ‘Americans’ too. The US needs to embrace AVZ more as one of it’s own just as it does with the 5 eyes.

You may cop some flak on this post, but I found it an interesting read. I think management rightly value CATH expertise, and seemingly other large scale strategic partners were unfathomably hard to come by, however I am very wary of Chinese intentions regarding Manono.

Also its a fair point on FT. Beyond our now dated inclusion in the battery council, and his statement stating that more Australian investment is welcomed, there has been little to suggest direct support from FT towards AVZ. Sure we are just a small blip on a much larger presidential mandate, and he's trying to navigate a complex environment whilst not shooting himself in the foot politically ahead of next elections, but you'd think his support would be more overt if it was truly firm. Does he believe AVZ have the capacity to underpin the battery endeavor on which he's placing so much political capital? Jury still out on that, IMO

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Remark

Top 20
If Mupande said that he has a point. We assume FT wants AVZ to lead.

But I don’t agree with this:

“On top of that the IGF and local journalists can see the issues that are holding us back and are making noise yet nothing is being done”

IGF is closing in on Cominiere. Others are slowly being implicated. There must be a lot of argy bargy we can’t see to make these steps. Nigel behaved as if there was ni politics. We just can’t compete in that field game. Hopefully that’s a blessing wrought by the Australian jurisdiction on bribery.
But as a seasoned operator there said, corruption is legalised by offering equity in your company. This is what Ivanhoe did.
So for those 2 posts you were paid $1? Or have the rates gone up? 🤔

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

whales

Regular
You may cop some flak on this post, but I found it an interesting read. I think management rightly value CATH expertise, and seemingly other large scale strategic partners were unfathomably hard to come by, however I am very wary of Chinese intentions regarding Manono.

Also its a fair point on FT. Beyond our now dated inclusion in the battery council, and his statement stating that more Australian investment is welcomed, there has been little to suggest direct support from FT towards AVZ. Sure we are just a small blip on a much larger presidential mandate, and he's trying to navigate a complex environment whilst not shooting himself in the foot politically ahead of next elections, but you'd think his support would be more overt if it was truly firm. Does he believe AVZ have the capacity to underpin the battery endeavor on which he's placing so much political capital? Jury still out on that, IMO
Comminier have to appear in court.
Charges have been laid by IGF
it's days are numbered but as Momentum lawyers state
All noise until Mining License issued.
Hopefully before roadshow.

Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
Anyone know what the latest fucking stupid announcement means yet? I can't afford a corporate lawyer to interpret.
Maybe I need to call Simon Cong and ask?

• Haha
  • Thinking

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I for one, and I think there are only two.... value the input of R2D2 and der giest. It was der geist who unravelled all this shit and (I believe) sold in the 90's on a matter of principle - that being, AVZ were very economical with the facts EVEN IF THEY THOUGHT IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Well, shit, look at where we are now. We may be on the edge of the precipice of greatness before the end of the month, or we're standing on the edge of the cliff, with sheep-shaggers heading towards us

If you guys don't want to hear what they have to say, well, I will set up another thread for them to post on, and you can choose to just not go there

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Samus

Top 20
I for one, and I think there are only two.... value the input of R2D2 and der giest. It was der geist who unravelled all this shit and (I believe) sold in the 90's on a matter of principle - that being, AVZ were very economical with the facts EVEN IF THEY THOUGHT IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Well, shit, look at where we are now. We may be on the edge of the precipice of greatness before the end of the month, or we're standing on the edge of the cliff, with sheep-shaggers heading towards us

If you guys don't want to hear what they have to say, well, I will set up another thread for them to post on, and you can choose to just not go there
If we could just get C3PO to interpret R2D2's posts it'd be great.
I'll re-read after some pina colada's later and see if it makes any sense.

• Haha
  • Fire

Thunderpony

27 µg per 100 mL
'The dildo of consequence rarely arrives lubed'

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JAG

Top 20
all that matters is, understanding the matters for AVZ.

If people don’t want to contact Cong and find out *something* from the other side then you can’t be serious investors
Give me the number........please

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

obe wan

Regular

============

As we often rehearse in our mind when we think about jurisdiction risk, it is occasionally noted the Congolese know what depending on one external state does for its sovereignty. The ‘shidai hiving dragon’ needs careful resisting. And the USA really needs to see its client states and partners as ‘Americans’ too. The US needs to embrace AVZ more as one of it’s own just as it does with the 5 eyes.
Bin Guo, Shidai Hiving dragons, Ningde era....FMD, just use one nic ffs, this blatant multi nicking is like having to visit and endure a never ending dissocial / Bipolar Disorder meeting session, whilst they think everyones also a fool.

1666404513228.gif

M

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
1666405743060.png

• Thinking