ASN Ann: Updated MOU with TETRA Technologies for Paradox Lithium - 6th Apr 2022, 9:35am

annb0t

Top 20
ASN Ann: Updated MOU with TETRA Technologies for Paradox Lithium
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 6th Apr 2022, 9:35am

>>> Read announcement: Google: ASN Market Announcements

Embassy

This is an interesting update, as usual HC commentators misinterpret it.

This is about engineering, Br resource isn’t a problem, it’s loud and clear that the scale and timeline are going to get a boost for phase 1 and this needs to be accounted for in planning. If this goes ahead, it will be huge.

Reactions: 2 users

Embassy

Sounds to me like a goer...
Definitely seems that way, but until it’s a signed deal anything can happen I guess. It could happen well before the extended MOU expiry date also, if it’s going to, I’d bet it’ll happen out of the blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GT8 Sorpresa

Emerged
You would expect TETRA would do its due diligence, as the resource is in the middle of a large potential upgrade. But TETRA has the chance here to expand their 'battery ready Bromine product' just in time for the uptake of home, neighbourhood and large scale storage. From the start of the TETRA talk, I felt that Bruce would offload the whole Bromine operation into TETRA's hands in a shared plant.
Whichever way it goes Bromine looks like Anson's backbone.
The future looks bright to me.

Reactions: 2 users

Embassy

You would expect TETRA would do its due diligence, as the resource is in the middle of a large potential upgrade. But TETRA has the chance here to expand their 'battery ready Bromine product' just in time for the uptake of home, neighbourhood and large scale storage. From the start of the TETRA talk, I felt that Bruce would offload the whole Bromine operation into TETRA's hands in a shared plant.
Whichever way it goes Bromine looks like Anson's backbone.
The future looks bright to me.
Well the bromine has to come out, doesn’t matter too much if it goes to a JV plant or a fully owned one or what really - so long as ASN gets paid a fair rate, any of the options should be fine. However if they deal with downstream value add on the Br side and let ASN focus on Li, it’ll speed things up immensely overall, much like SLI.

GT8 Sorpresa

Emerged
Well the bromine has to come out, doesn’t matter too much if it goes to a JV plant or a fully owned one or what really - so long as ASN gets paid a fair rate, any of the options should be fine. However if they deal with downstream value add on the Br side and let ASN focus on Li, it’ll speed things up immensely overall, much like SLI.
Yes, that's what I meant. I'd be happy to see either, but it sounds like a good idea to let TETRA take on the lot as far as bromine goes and just take a fee that we can put into a lithium plant. It would be income with less dilution of share value.

Embassy

Yes, that's what I meant. I'd be happy to see either, but it sounds like a good idea to let TETRA take on the lot as far as bromine goes and just take a fee that we can put into a lithium plant. It would be income with less dilution of share value.
Yep, so long as we don’t have to sell 25% of it like LKE did, although that seems to have worked out just fine for shareholders so maybe it’s not that bad 🤷‍♂️

GT8 Sorpresa

Emerged
To me it seems Anson want their own plant and have put a fair amount of energy into making this happen.

They want their own plant... to process the brine, the bromide is a bi-product, so taking the lot would mean taking the lithium brine yes?

No just feed it through their bromine plant then onto our plant for the other minerals, but really how knows where this is going, I'm just very excited to see the wheels moving after years of waiting.

Reactions: 3 users

GT8 Sorpresa

Emerged
We also have Magnesium rights at our two production wells.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom