TLG Discussion 2022

mpk1980

Anyone know the current price of Graphite Anode coming from china to the european market?

I have the feeling that the time this drags on in the court might have an impact on our offtake agreements. We might not be able to charge above current rates from China. Thats why I am interested in knowing what the stuff currently sells for. Anyone has a hint?

Hi Semmel,

I think the prices coming into Europe is difficult to tell because as MT says most if not all contracts are kept private.
The following is from TLG's DFS which has a BM projected price of around $US14K/t, price stabilising after 20230, after some price volatility from 2025-2030.

The comforting factor for me is that we are totally integrated and cost competitive with China (production costs ÙS$3K/t). For me, as long as the 2030+ average basket price for our anode is north of US $6K i am ok. By then we should be at well over 400K+ annual production?

Look whats happening in the lithium sector....China is manipulating the lithium concentrate (hard-rock) price to unsustainable levels.... We only have to deal with the end customers....a case of take it or leave it.

1715635131012.png

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom