The Talga Bar

brewm0re

Regular
I held out as long as I could, but had to sell some this week for personal reasons. So:
- Fuk you Sami for abusing an already generous review process simply to make your presence felt.
- Fuk you Sweden for presenting yourself as a mature and safe first-world jurisdiction when your legal system is so dysfunctional.
*grumble grumble mumble mumble grumble mumble*

rant done.
Back to positive thinking.

I love how easily Mark moved up the volume scale in the webinar. Feels like he's been holding back but has finally decided to let 'er rip. He absolutely blew past mention of 100ktpa (and even 500), as we rightly should. I'm super excited to see the next phase when we finally start moving this project towards it's full potential rather than just cautiously testing the waters.
Your rant could’ve been a lot longer! This shit show is draining on a gigantic scale. Quash the damn thing already. I know MT said it’s still not yet even been looked at, hence your point it’s completely dysfunctional!

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Quite simply, not even BYD is on this list. It is the sales of all vehicles, of course. But Tesla has made it onto this list. BYD has therefore not even sold 548 vehicles in Germany.
On the other hand, the media always say that the market is flooded with Chinese EVs.
That may be the case.
I'm out and about every single day in the centre of a big city and pay attention to which EVs I see. They are by far the smallest group. Yesterday I saw exactly one, a Polestar.
Chinese showrooms change their brands repeatedly or have already closed again.
I emphasise that I am also interested in the brands, whether they were founded by the Chinese or bought up.
So to summarise, I don't see the flood in practical terms. Maybe not yet, the car parks/depots are full of vehicles.
I'll keep watching to see if the market manipulative offensive bears fruit.
At the moment it's not making any money here.
Of course, that may change. We will see.
This is just a snapshot here. It looks very different around the world and especially in Asia.
But it's also about conquering precisely this market. BYD has openly called for the destruction of the old brands. At the moment, however, they are still selling far better here and I don't perceive any acceptance of Chinese EVs, only through the media.
Two or three years ago, I was expecting a very different outcome to what I see now. The Chinese will also have to be patient. It is not possible to have a transparent look at all the figures, including how many subsidies, costs and revenues. It looks like an expensive business at the moment here.
Snapshot only.
And I mistakenly thought Vinfast was Chinese when I saw that showroom. But it is a Vietnamese. They are operating since last year. Before that, there was a Chinese brand in this Showroom. So we only have the Polestar showroom left as far as I know.

Here is the complete overview.

tempsnip1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Semmel

Regular
Quite simply, not even BYD is on this list. It is the sales of all vehicles, of course. But Tesla has made it onto this list. BYD has therefore not even sold 548 vehicles in Germany.
On the other hand, the media always say that the market is flooded with Chinese EVs.
That may be the case.
I'm out and about every single day in the centre of a big city and pay attention to which EVs I see. They are by far the smallest group. Yesterday I saw exactly one, a Polestar.
Chinese showrooms change their brands repeatedly or have already closed again.
I emphasise that I am also interested in the brands, whether they were founded by the Chinese or bought up.
So to summarise, I don't see the flood in practical terms. Maybe not yet, the car parks/depots are full of vehicles.
I'll keep watching to see if the market manipulative offensive bears fruit.
At the moment it's not making any money here.
Of course, that may change. We will see.
This is just a snapshot here. It looks very different around the world and especially in Asia.
But it's also about conquering precisely this market. BYD has openly called for the destruction of the old brands. At the moment, however, they are still selling far better here and I don't perceive any acceptance of Chinese EVs, only through the media.
Two or three years ago, I was expecting a very different outcome to what I see now. The Chinese will also have to be patient. It is not possible to have a transparent look at all the figures, including how many subsidies, costs and revenues. It looks like an expensive business at the moment here.
Snapshot only.

Ok, if you tell it like that.. We have one Polestar car parked in the area, I have seen one BYD once and plenty of Teslas. Some Audy, VW and other EVs too, but I am not very knowledgable to know which ones are plug in hybrids and which are pure EVs. On the commute today, again one lone polestar and plenty of Teslas, nothing else that I could recognize.

BTW, this sums up my thoughts of hybrids pretty well:

GM2MvQKbIAAg-FF

• Haha

JNRB

Regular
Your rant could’ve been a lot longer! This shit show is draining on a gigantic scale. Quash the damn thing already. I know MT said it’s still not yet even been looked at, hence your point it’s completely dysfunctional!
It definitely could have been longer,
but then probably would also have needed to be censored 🤬😛

• Haha

cosors

👀
Absolutely not! For one thing, we're here in The Talga Bar with a dried up mud pit. For another, we are on TSE here and we decide when to trigger dredd0t. You just have to stick to the simple rules of this forum:
There's nothing wrong at all with ranting if you keep that in mind. There's plenty of room and space here.
That's why this bar exists - for our freedom within the clear and simple rules. Read them. It's quick. I'm all ears!

____
Rant for me as well as much as you like and I will most likely be very grateful for that.
It depends a little on the spirit, of the ranting. A simple - they're stupid - certainly won't turn me on.

___
How many posts do you think I have already written or posted and then deleted again? Anything that doesn't pay a sublet has to go.

Last edited:

cosors

👀
200 (2gtdhiu).gif

tenor.0.gif

• Haha

brewm0re

Regular
Wouldn’t be shocked if you needed to get new office equipment 😆 This movie scene might resonate with some more than others

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

brewm0re

Regular
Wouldn’t be shocked if you needed to get new office equipment 😆 This movie scene might resonate with some more than others

• Haha

cosors

👀
In the Social Democrats' newspaper, the environmentalist is back where we were a long time ago.

"Letter to the editor: Reply from Talga: No mines can escape environmental authorisation
2024-05-10 09:10
Emma Själin - Public Affairs Manager, Talga AB
In an opinion piece, B. L. criticises the Environmental Court at Umeå District Court, during the main hearing. Criticism that has already been considered and then dismissed by both the court and the superior court. As then, the material company Talga can now respond to this criticism and thereby bring clarity to the issue. Lundquist through Naturskyddsförening..." rbPW

"Letter to the editor: Kiruna municipality versus the mining company Talga
2024-05-10 09:10
B. L., member of the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation
A lawyer from the mining industry's interest organisation Svemin was allowed to speak unchallenged on SVT on 7 April about Kiruna municipality's intended decision not to give the Australian mining company Talga a decision on a detailed plan for mining industry at Nunasvaara west of Vittangi. The lawyer has obviously not familiarised himself with the facts. Here is how it is: Talga AB has..." rbPW

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
FREMONT, Calif. – January 3, 2024Amprius Technologies, Inc. (“Amprius” or the “Company”) (NYSE: AMPX), a leader in next-generation lithium-ion batteries with its Silicon Anode Platform, today announced the successful volume shipment of advanced battery cells in a program supported by the U.S. Army by the end of 2023 as previously committed. This marks a significant milestone for Amprius in its U.S. Army-funded Manufacturing Technology (ManTech) program, an industrial preparedness effort focused on scaling critical Army-wide manufacturing requirements.

cosors

👀
USA will multiply the tariff on Chinese EVs to 100%.

Top Bottom